Methods of Torture Used at the Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp in Changchun City, Jilin Province
October 02, 2002
In order to increase the so called "reformation rate," Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp in Changchun City, Jilin Province has been brutally torturing kind Dafa practitioners physically and mentally. The main methods are:
- Standing punishment and sleep deprivation: As soon as practitioners are imprisoned at the labor camp, they are forced to write a "Statement of Separation." Practitioners who refuse to write the statements are forced to stand continuously for several days and nights, and are not allowed to close their eyes or sleep.
- Collaborators [Former Falun Gong practitioners who have gone astray due to brainwashing and torture] spread lies and rumors among practitioners.
- Beating practitioners and piercing their fingers with needles: They also increase physical punishments late at night.
- Forcing practitioners' fingerprints as signatures: If the above methods fail to make practitioners renounce their belief, collaborators will write a "Statement of Separation." A few people then forcefully hold a Dafa practitioner down and force their fingerprints onto the statements as signatures. They announced that the " 'Statement of Separation' is valid as long as we have a fingerprint." The vicious people also speak recklessly without reason: "If you do not want to be imprisoned, the government must detain you here. If you do not want to sign a "Statement of Separation," we must use forceful methods to make you separate."
- Handcuffing, dowsing with cold water, beating with electric batons: The guards often use electric batons on determined Dafa practitioners. They handcuff practitioners, dowse them with cold water, and then shock them with electric batons.