(Clearwisdom.net) On the morning of October 4, 2002, the son of Dafa disciple Liao Zhaoqi in Qionglai City, Sichuan Province suddenly received devastating news: his mother had suddenly died in the Dayi County Police Department. After many hassles, Liao Zhaoqi's family members were finally allowed to see her body. A medical examination concluded that the inner side of her right hand had been brutally cuffed and injured badly. Many of her ribs on both sides were broken; her 5th to 7th ribs on her right side were completely broken.

Liao Zhaoqi, female, 57 years old, was the former party secretary of the Institute of Women and Children's Health of Qionglai City. According to people familiar with the case, at about 5 a.m. on September 25, 2002, the lawless police from the Dayi Police Department broke into the home of Dafa disciple Chen Guiying (female, over 60 years old) on Xiaoxi Street of Jinyuan Town and forcibly arrested Chen Guiying, Liao Zhaoqi, Dong Yuying (female), and two other male practitioners (both in their 20s), who were practicing Dafa exercises. They confiscated all the Dafa books, pictures, truth-clarifying materials, VCDs, 3,500 Yuan (the average monthly salary of an urban worker in China is 500 Yuan) of personal savings, and other personal belongs of Chen Guiying.

The evil police tried to force Liao Zhaoqi to tell them the source of the truth clarifying materials. Liao was very firm in resisting the evil, and she went on a hunger strike to protest. Police pried her teeth open, which resulted in necrosis inside her mouth during forced-feeding. To leave no obvious marks of injury, the police beat her brutally on the chest, which resulted in broken ribs and other internal injuries. The police also forcibly injected her with harmful drugs. Liao's body and mind suffered tremendously. According to the police, on the evening of October 3, 2002, she started to exhibit a state of shock. She died in an emergency room when rescue measures failed. Police then tried to seal the information about the murder and the details of her death. The current situation of the other four Dafa disciples needs to be confirmed. Among them, Dong Yuying was detained in Dayi. The police in Dayi refused the request from the Ziyang Police Department to transfer her there.

When (Liao's) family members hurried to the Dayi County Police Department and requested to visit Liao Zhaoqi, the chief of Section 1 told them that she was already out of the hospital and was sent to a crematory a long time ago. The murder was meticulously covered up by the director of the Dayi Police Department, the Procurator, the chief of Section 1, and the medical examiner Sun Dahong of the Chengdu Police Department. They unreasonably requested that her family members not take pictures of her and not hold a memorial service, otherwise, they would not be allowed to see her body. After much effort, her family members finally got to see her frozen body in the funeral parlor: her face was purplish blue, her eyeballs were protruding, there were clear cuff marks on both of her hands, the inner surface of her right hand was mangled, clear bruise marks on her cheek close to her right ear and some other places had purplish blue needle-pierced holes. Medical examiner Sun Dahong did a surface check of the body, while other people took pictures and made written records. When her family members saw the blood marks around her mouth and requested a re-examination, the medical examiner found various excuses to turn down the request, attempting to end the process without a careful re-examination. At the persistent request of her family members, the medical examiner cut open her chest and found that many of her ribs were broken. The medical examiner Sun tried very hard to cover it up. In particular, Sun lied about the 5th to 7th right ribs, which were all broken. He depicted them as "ossification." Her family members requested a written report on the medical examination. They not only refused this request but even forced her son to sign on a document waiving further medical examination to avoid responsibility.

Before practicing Falun Gong, Liao Zhaoqi suffered from over 10 years of chronic atrophic gastritis, early stages of cancer, neurasthenia, insomnia, and low immune resistance. She started to practice Falun Dafa in late 1996. After she started to practice, all of her illnesses disappeared. She was both healthy and happy. Her family life was harmonious, and she worked tirelessly. After July 20, 1999, she was harassed, placed under surveillance, and forced to write a letter to express her stance (toward Falun Dafa) almost daily by higher authorities and police. She was determined to safeguard the Fa and continued her cultivation. In June 2000, to clarify the facts about the "Tang Quhua case" in Qionglai City among the fabricated "1,400 cases of suicide," she went to the appeals office of the State Department to appeal and went to Tiananmen Square to validate the Fa. She was illegally detained for over 40 days and expelled from the Party. Late in 2000, to prevent her from clarifying the facts about the persecution of Falun Dafa, the authorities attempted to arrest her, stopped her pay, and dismissed her from her job. She had to abandon her home and go from place to place. However, she was still determined as ever to validate the Fa and to clarify the facts.

Dafa disciple Liao Zhaoqi left us suddenly, with her regret and unfulfilled wish - she said she wanted to go back to her hometown Qionglai to clarify the facts to her friends, relatives, colleagues, neighbors, husband, and children, whom she cared about very much. However, the evil police in Dayi and Qionglai took away her precious life.

Dafa disciple Liao Zhaoqi was so kind, pure, and selfless. She was a good daughter, wife, mother, and colleague. She is a genuine Dafa disciple who feared nothing in safeguarding the truth.