Cases of Karmic Retribution for Those Who Persecuted Falun Gong
Editors' Note: In both Western and Chinese culture, the principle of karmic retribution, that is, being held ultimately accountable for one's own actions, is widely accepted. The fundamental teaching of Falun Gong is the characteristic of the universe, "Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance." The universe will reward actions that are in harmony with this principle, while actions such as beating, torturing and murdering people will incur karmic retribution. Stated another way, good deeds will be rewarded with good, while evildoings will meet due retribution. Articles such as this one are meant as a compassionateííreminder of this principle to those who would commit wrongdoing. While many of those who persecute Falun Gong are merely "following orders," the universal law requires that they, too, be held responsible for their actions, and that only by reversing their course of wrongdoing may they escape retribution.
í Fan Jiuming, the party committee secretary of Hanwang Town, Deyang City, Sichuan Province, used his power to recklessly persecute Falun Gong practitioners in order to win a promotion and get rich. People who commit evil deeds will be punished by heaven. In early August, when he had just been promoted to be the political and judiciary secretary of Mianzhu City, he and his mistress were found dead in Luofo Mountain Hot Springs of An County.
- A middle school teacher in the countryside of Chongqing City was full of bad thoughts towards Falun Gong in his mind. One of his nieces clarified the truth of Falun Gong to him, but he did not believe it and said bad things about Falun Gong. That same night, a large tumor developed in his wife's stomach. The next day she had an emergency operation in the hospital that cost a few thousand Yuan [Chinese currency, the monthly salary for an average Chinese urban worker is about 500 Yuan]. A tumor weighing 4.5 kg was removed from her stomach. Afterwards, he was very surprised and wondered whether it was karmic retribution for defaming Falun Gong. Since then, whenever his niece talks to him about Falun Gong, he is no longer against it.
- A young man who creates propaganda in a county of Chongqing City worked hard to persecute Falun Gong. In August 2001, he wrote an article slandering Falun Gong. Even before he handed in the article, he accidentally cut his finger with a knife and it bled severely. In March 2002, he wrote again to attack Falun Gong. In less than 10 days, his father was hospitalized for acute pulmonary tuberculosis and lung cancer. The hospitalization cost them more than 10,000 Yuan. In August of this year, when this young man wrote a similar article, his father was again hospitalized with his life in danger. It cost them more than 10,000 Yuan again.
- Falun Gong practitioner Kuang Yuangui (now illegally detained in Maojiashan forced labor camp in Chongqing City, Sichuan Province) went to appeal in Beijing in 2000. She was illegally detained and sent to a brainwashing center. Her sister Kuang Zhishu came to visit her and recklessly slandered Falun Gong. After the sister returned to her home, her husband became very ill. In 2001, when Kuang Yuangui was illegally detained in Maojiashan forced labor camp, her sister and brother-in-law slandered Falun Gong again. On August 8th, 2002, her brother-in-law suddenly died from an acute illness.
- Wang Guimei, the branch secretary of the residents' committee in Buolin Town, Yongxing County, Hunan Province had put a lot of effort into persecuting Falun Gong practitioners many times. Last spring, she suddenly contracted cancer, accompanied by a hemorrhage in her lower body, brain hemorrhage and a few other terrible diseases. She died within a month.
- A party secretary in Shangzhi District railway department, Heilongjiang Province persecuted Dafa practitioners in his workplace. One day his home suddenly caught fire. His belongings were all burned, leaving nothing. The cause of the fire was not known. After the fire, the walls and roof of his house were just as white as before. All his neighbors said it was a miracle and was his karmic retribution for doing bad deeds.