Latest News from China - 12/31/2001
- [Liaoning Province] Police Kidnap a New Practitioner and Beat up Her Husband
- [Liaoning Province] A Police Officer Shoots a Practitioner after Beating Him
- [Changchun City, Jilin Province] To Practitioners in Northeast China: Please be Alert
- [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Practitioners Clarify the Truth by All Means
- [Liaoning Province] Practitioners, Please Be Alert
- [China] A Farmer Practitioner's Innermost Thoughts
- [Northwest China] Dafa Practitioner Sternly Notifies Factory Leaders: Do Not Organize Employees to Visit the Exhibition Slandering Falun Dafa
- [Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province] Policemen Ransacked Practitioners' Houses and Took Away Their Personal Valuables Unlawfully
- [Jiamusi City, Heilongjiang Province] Persecution of Practitioners in the Jiamusi Flax Factory
- [Jiamusi City, Heilongjiang Province] Kidnapping and Attempted Extortion of Dafa Practitioners by Corrupt Policemen
- [Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province] Bandits in Police Uniforms
- [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Police Kidnapping of a Teacher in the Education Department at Harbin's Normal University
- [Qingyang Region, Gansu Province] Persecution Situation of Practitioners
- [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Authorities from Changle's Forced Labor Camp Hold Brainwashing Classes to Abuse Practitioners and Also Extort Money From Them
- [Panjin City, Liaoning Province] Zhang Shoujiang and His Accomplices From Panjin's Forced Labor Camp Persecute Practitioners
- [Liaohe Oil Field, Liaoning Province] Liaohe Oil Field Police Officers Persecute Dafa Practitioners -- The Facts
- [Dawa County, Liaoning Province] Dawa County Police Department Authorities Furiously Retaliate After Their Crimes are Exposed
- [Hailun City, Heilongjiang Province] The Persecution Situation of Practitioners in Lunhe Town
- [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] The Criminal Record of Enforcers at the Solitary Confinement Facility in Wanjia's Forced Labor Camp
- [Beijing] List of Reporters Who Concocted a False Story to Slander Falun Gong
[Liaoning Province] Police Kidnap a New Practitioner and Beat up Her Husband
Seventy days prior to the National Day Holiday (On October 1, 2001), Jiang Zemin's criminal regime started a large-scale raid. In a county of Liaoning Province, local police arrested all practitioners in the district in order to interrogate, force them to write "guarantee" letters and to extort "fines" from them. These practitioners and their family members were physically tortured. Those who did not write the guarantee letters were sent to forced labor camps. Ms Huang, a new practitioner, prior to cultivation, had suffered from uremia, (a kidney ailment) which led to edema all over her body. As the disease could not be cured even in the famous hospitals in Liaoning Province, and she could not afford to pay for medical expenses, she began to practice Falun Gong with some practitioners' help. Shortly afterwards, the edema disappeared. She was almost fully recovered. She was not spared from the raid, however. Like other practitioners, she was forcibly taken to the police station and fined. Her husband was beaten up because of her. He still feels pain in his chest. During this raid, the police extorted over 100,000 Yuan [About 500 Yuan is the average monthly income in an urban area of China] by "fining" the practitioners.
Nowadays, the citizens in this area are terrified. They dare not to talk with practitioners or get in touch with them. If the police find someone contacting the practitioners, that person will be tortured and fined a great amount of money. They will even be put into a forced labor camp if they do not have the money. Practitioners are insulted without precedent.
[Liaoning Province] A Police Officer Shoots a Practitioner after Beating Him
On the night of September 18, 2001, the local police removed practitioner Huang Xiaojie from his home at Hubaotu Village, Zhizushan Township of Fuxin City, Liaoning Province and detained him. After he escaped from the police station, he had to live in exile to avoid further persecution. Liu Wanquan and Liu Suoguo, directors of the police station, dispatched police forces to search and look for him. On the afternoon of September 23, Huang Xiaojie was detained for the second time at a relative's home in Beipiao County. The police beat him to the point of being unconscious. Then Liu Wanquan took out his handgun and shot one of Huang's legs, causing a bone to fracture. Afterwards, Huang Xiaojie was sent to the county's police department and put into jail. It was said that he would be sentenced to ten years of imprisonment. In the meantime, those who had contacted the practitioner were beaten up and heavily fined. The criminals who beat practitioners were promoted to higher positions in the county government.
[Changchun City, Jilin Province] To Practitioners in Northeast China: Please be Alert
According to information from the Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp in Changchun City, Jiang Zemin's criminal regime transferred all male practitioners illegally detained in three Northeast China provinces to the Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp for concentrated persecution. On December 2, 2001, they transferred all male practitioners detained in Baishan, Tonghua, and Liaoyuan Forced Labor Camps to the wicked Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp. All practitioners who entered the labor camp were body-searched three times. Some practitioners' bedding-quilts were torn apart. We hope all practitioners in Northeast China eliminate the evil with righteous thoughts and inform all the family members.
[Changchun City, Jilin Province] Practitioners Clarify the Truth by All Means
Recently, practitioners in Changchun City clarified the truth by many means. They distributed flyers, hung up banners, posted signs and placed speakers, which effectively eliminated the evil.
The Jilin Province "610 Office" enforcers [An agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems] act as pioneers in persecuting kind-hearted people. On December 28, 2001, they convened so-called "public trials." They sentenced 10 practitioners who clarified the truth to the public to imprisonment. They also attempted to use the media to delude the public. More and more people saw through the lies of the media. These vicious tricks could never scare practitioners.
Jilin Province "610 Office": Li Huang, Tel. 011-86-431-8905696
Chu Changzhou: 011-86-431-8904886. Pager: 011-86-431-8012788
[Liaoning Province] Practitioners, Please Be Alert
It is said that in recent days police officers from Shenyang City, Jinzhou City and Anshan City began to search practitioners' homes door-to-door, checking the names on their lists. They usually start the raid at midnight. They invade practitioners' homes with a master key or by other methods used by thieves. At least 10 practitioners have been detained. It seems that this is a collective action within Liaoning Province. We hope all practitioners in Liaoning Province collectively send forth righteous thoughts to eliminate the evil.
[China] A Farm-Practitioner's Innermost Thoughts
I have practiced Falun Gong for several years and have benefited both mentally and physically. For validating that Dafa is good and speaking out the truth, I was detained and almost beaten to death by the "guardians" of the people's government. Then I was put into the detention center and charged with "disturbing the social order." I have to ask: who on earth disturbs the social order? People from the county police department, the township government and also the village security department all extort money. These people extorted a total of 6,500 Yuan [400 Yuan is the monthly income in rural areas of China] from me. My family is not wealthy. The harvest is not good this year, either. Therefore, my family had to borrow money. I couldn't even afford for my child to go to school. He could not finish his primary school education.
[Northwest China] A Dafa Practitioner Sternly Notifies Factory Leaders: Do Not Organize Employees to Visit the Exhibition Slandering Falun Dafa
At the end of December, officials of a factory in one of China's northwest cities organized the workers to visit an exhibition slandering Falun Dafa. One practitioner in the factory talked to the leaders about the advantages and disadvantages [of this exhibition] and told them that she wouldn't attend it. The practitioner also advised all the workers not to go. Getting back home in the evening, the practitioner planned to notify other practitioners to collectively send forth righteous thoughts to eliminate the evil forces controlling the organization of the exhibition. She was not able to get in touch with other practitioners, however. Therefore, she kept sending forth righteous thoughts throughout the whole night. The next day when she asked the factory leaders what the time would be for the exhibition, the leader replied, "We are not going to visit the exhibition, nobody will go." So all 50 workers in this factory were saved from being "poisoned."
[Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province] Policemen Ransacked Practitioners' Houses and Took Away Their Personal Valuables Unlawfully
On the evening of December 28, 2001, policemen in the Jinzhou area began a new round of persecution against practitioners. They searched practitioners' houses door-to-door and removed practitioners from their homes without any legal procedures. Because some practitioners were not very careful, the evil forces took advantage of them. As a result, VCD-making equipment worth 10,000 Yuan that was used for making truth-clarifying materials was taken away without due process of law. The equipment was only purchased one month ago. This brought tremendous loss to the work for Dafa! It is said that more than ten practitioners were unlawfully arrested and the persecution is still going on.
[Jiamusi City, Heilongjiang Province] Persecution of Practitioners in the Jiamusi Flax Factory
Since July 22, 1999, authorities in Jiamusi's Flax Factory have been escalating the persecution of the practitioners. Officials in the factory's Security Department have kidnapped five practitioners working in the factory. The practitioners were fined, expelled and detained. The factory radio station started to broadcast articles slandering Falun Dafa, which lasted for a couple of days. Those who reported the practitioners to the officials were rewarded.
On December 22, 2001, Security Department personnel kidnapped and then sent to a detention center 25-year-old practitioner Li Ying because she clarified the truth about Falun Dafa to the public. Li Ying's family was not informed. The family looked everywhere for her and did not know what happened to her. We hope that all the practitioners who read this news will collectively send out righteous thoughts to eliminate the evil.
Telephone number of the Jiamusi Flax Factory - factory director Zhang Changfu 011-86-454-8581088 ext. 8566
Telephone number of the "610 Office" director Wu Zhengyi: 011-86-454-8581088 ext. 9611 [the "610 Office" is an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power of each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems.]
Telephone number of the director of the No. 71 Committee, Yonghong District, Sun Shuyun: 011-86-454-8555242 ext. 4131
The telephone number of the factory party secretary Wang Zhancai: 011-86-454-8555241 ext. 3315 (this person is very vicious)
Telephone number of the director of public security: 011-86-454-8581088 ext. 9631
Telephone number of the directors of the Police Department: Wang Deshun: 011-86-454--8581088 ext. 9631; and Pan Jiali 011-86-454-8555241 ext. 3211
[Jiamusi City, Heilongjiang Province] Kidnapping and Attempted Extortion of Dafa Practitioners by Corrupt Policemen
Local policemen kidnapped Jiamusi Dafa practitioner Hou Ziqiang, who just returned from a detention center not long ago. Practitioners Jin Feng and Zhang Xiang were unlawfully arrested as they were clarifying the truth about Dafa in Yilan County. They went on a hunger strike for 17 days. Their families went to take them home since their lives were in great danger. The vicious policemen extorted money from the families. They told the families to pay the money otherwise the practitioners would not be released. The family members refused to cooperate with the wickedness that was controlling the police. At last, the police were afraid of being held responsible for the three practitioners' critical condition and released them unconditionally.
[Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province] Bandits in Police Uniforms
Around 9 p.m. on December 28, 2001, a group of bandits in police uniforms broke into the home of Wang Peifen who lives at No.76-82 Shichangli, Linghe District, Jinzhou City. The officers forcibly opened her anti-theft front door, inner door and bedroom door, searched her home and confiscated her property. The reason for this search turned out to be that her husband is a Dafa practitioner. The bandits took away a chain of keys belonging to Wang Peifen.
[Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Police Kidnap a Teacher in the Education Department at Harbin's Normal University
On the afternoon of November 12, 2001, officers from Haxi Police Station kidnapped Sun Kaiqing, a teacher from the Department of Education at Harbin Normal University while he was distributing Dafa truth-clarifying materials near the dormitory building of the Agricultural Research Institute. Currently he is being detained at the Nangang Police Station, Harbin City. Enforcers from the Nangang Police Station are planning to send him to a forced labor camp. We hope that all the practitioners who read this news send forth righteous thoughts to eliminate the evil forces persecuting Dafa practitioner Sun Kaiqing.
Telephone number of the Haxi Police Station, Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province, 011-86-454-6661484
Telephone number of the Nangang Police Station, Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province, 011-86-454-2543506
[Qingyang Region, Gansu Province] Persecution Situation of Practitioners
Over the last two years, 32 practitioners have been illegally sent to forced labor camps from Xifeng City, in the Qingyang Region. These practitioners couldn't live a peaceful life, even after they were released from the forced labor camp. The officials or police often came to their homes to take them away or steal their personal belongings. After Cao Mingli, Zhang Luo and two other practitioners came back from the Pingantai Forced Labor Camp in Gansu Province, their wives were kidnapped. Cao and Zhang had to leave home to avoid further persecution. Their three children were left alone at home without any care. Other homeless practitioners from this region were Zhang Rongjuan and Duan Xiaoyan from Zhenyuan County; Li Ruihua, Zhang Hua and Guo Huifang from Xifeng City; Zhao Jinping from the No.2 Oil Extraction Team, Changqing Oil Field.
Fu Yukui, head of the National Security Section, Xifeng City's Police Department, Gansu Province, has persecuted practitioners for two years. In November 2001, he went to the market and asked a practitioner, a business owner, to cooperate with him. The practitioner immediately rejected his urgings with stern words. From then on, he stealthily sent people to follow this practitioner and plotted to persecute him.
[Weifang City, Shandong Province] Authorities from Changle's Forced Labor Camp Hold Brainwashing Classes to Abuse Practitioners and Also Extort Money from Them
It is reported that from the beginning of this year, enforcers from Changle Forced Labor Camp, Weifang City, Shandong Province, made use of betrayers [former practitioners who have been brainwashed and have renounced Falun Dafa] to hold brainwashing classes. They abused practitioners by subjecting them to sleep deprivation. Furthermore, the policemen took the chance to extort money from practitioners. Each practitioner who was forcefully brainwashed had to pay 3,000 to 7,000 Yuan to the police officers. Within a year, in this manner, the corrupt policemen of this forced labor camp have collected more than 500,000 Yuan.
[Panjin City, Liaoning Province] Zhang Shoujiang and His Accomplices From Panjin's Forced Labor Camp Persecute Practitioners
1. Policemen went to Shenyang City's Masanjia Forced Labor Camp and Fushun City, Liaoning Province to learn how to effectively persecute practitioners. They began another round of crazily persecuting practitioners.
2. Tan Xiaobiao, a policeman and chief of the management team brutally beat one practitioner who was then locked in an iron cage that was especially made for torturing practitioners. People who are locked up inside this cage can neither stand up nor lie down. The practitioner was kept in this cage for 9 days, without being given any food. The only reason for this punishment was that this practitioner refused to "learn his lesson." Here is a picture that depicts the torture he was forced to endure:
3. The corrupt policemen established so-called "camp rules". They forced practitioners to practice Taichi [in order to disturb practitioners and force them to practice another cultivation system against their will. It would be the same as if forcing a person of one spiritual belief to forcibly study the teachings of another spiritual system against their will] and brutally beat practitioners time after time whenever the practitioners resisted.
4. Often a group of policemen would beat one practitioner. They found excuses for beating and took pleasure in it. They also instigated prisoners to beat practitioners.
5. They forced those practitioners who were uncompromising to do heavy labor and deprived them of their right to sleep. They even treated disabled practitioners the same way.
6. They used all means to physically abuse practitioners, including "riding an airplane" [In this torture, the head is bent down until it cannot go down any further, while the hands are pulled up and held up to the highest point. The hips have to point up. One is forced to keep this position unchanged for a long time. The body in this position looks like the shape of an airplane, which is how this torture got its name.] , "Body-folding," [In this torture, one is forced to bend one's waist 90 degrees with an over 80kg prisoner riding on him] and punishment by forcing to stand still for a long time. The criminal policemen have completely lost all sense of their humanity. [For a picture of "riding an airplane" and other torture methods being used on Falun Dafa practitioners please visit: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2001/11/24/16156.html]
7. All policemen wantonly abused and beat practitioners. They used any implements within their reach to beat practitioners, including pickaxes, batons, electric batons and wooden stools. Batons and electric batons are the most often used implements.
8. They humiliated practitioners by forcing them to squat on the ground and imitate various animals' sounds.
9. Practitioners suffered brutal violence because they tore down the camp slogans that slandered Dafa. The forced labor camp policemen tortured them for 5 days. The policemen even instigated prisoners to beat practitioners and claimed, "There's no penalty if practitioners are beaten to death."
10. The criminal policemen tried to hide evidence of the tortures. When they brutally beat practitioners, they turned up the volume of music or covered practitioners' mouths to stop the painful screams.
11. Some practitioners compromised against their own will because they couldn't bear such inhuman torture. After they had enlightened that compromising under high pressure was wrong, they announced that they would continue practicing Falun Dafa. Consequently they had to suffer all kinds of torture again, such as brutal beatings, being hung in an iron cage, being forced to stand still for a long time, sleep deprivation, being shocked by electric batons, "riding an airplane," walking while squatting down and sitting still on a wooden stool for long periods of time. Even a 67-year-old man was also brutally beaten.
12. Because some practitioners refused to wear prison uniforms, the criminal policemen instigated common prisoners to torture them every day, for one whole month.
The chief criminal of Panjin's Forced Labor Camp is Zhang Shoujiang.
His henchmen are Tang Xiaobiao, Chen Changli, Liu Minghua, and Liu Yongbin
In order to gain credit toward his promotion, Yu Changhe, director of Panjin's City Police Department, sentenced a practitioner who merely handed out a truth-clarifying flyer to his relatives to 3 years of forced labor and sent him to the notorious Masanjia Forced Labor Camp.
More then 100 practitioners are illegally imprisoned at Panjin City's Forced Labor Camp, and some of them are still illegally imprisoned after their detention terms expired.
[Liaohe Oil Field, Liaoning Province] Liaohe Oil Field Police Officers Persecute Dafa Practitioners -- The Facts
Enforcers from the Liaohe Oil Field Police Department, under the leaderships of Wang Youshan and Kuang, have relentlessly persecuted practitioners.
- Police officers arrested practitioners for no reason and later on concocted so-called "criminal facts" in order to extort money from practitioners. Kuang even openly demanded money.
- Since June and July of 2001, practitioners who were arrested have been held at Police Station No. 3 affiliated with the Liaohe Oil Field. During the "interrogation period," almost every practitioner was repeatedly intimidated, threatened, enticed, beaten and cursed. Some of them have even undergone excruciating tortures.
Practitioner A: On June 27, he (or she) was removed from home to the Liaohe Oil Field Detention Center for no reason. Kuang ordered a roughneck policeman named Liu to torture the practitioner with an electric baton.
Practitioner B: During the "interrogation" period, in order to extort his (or her) confession, the police repeatedly slapped the practitioner in the face. Moreover, they beat him with a long board and a plastic pipe. They abused the practitioner for a couple of hours in the morning until his buttocks turned black and blue. The bruises had not healed even more than 20 days later.
Practitioner C: In mid July, several persons took turns to interrogate him (or her). They didn't allow him/her to sleep and forced him/her to stand still for a long period of time. At the same time they also beat and kicked the practitioner.
Practitioner D: The police beat and kicked him (or her) even after s/he went on a hunger strike for nearly 40 days.
Practitioner E: During the detention period in March and April, nearly everyday the practitioner was beaten by "instigated" prisoners, two to three times a day.
Some of the practitioners mentioned above were detained without a detention warrant and the authorities charged them with the so-called crime of "illegal activity." Some of them were detained for one or two months longer, after their terms had expired, and the detention warrant was issued afterwards.
[Dawa County, Liaoning Province] Dawa County Police Department Authorities Furiously Retaliate after Their Crimes are Exposed
After the Dawa County Police Department personnel's criminal acts against practitioners were exposed, policemen retaliated madly. An over-70-year-old practitioner was arrested and detained only because he (or she) practiced the exercises at home. Police officers from the Dongsheng Police Station acted even more relentlessly. They beat practitioners with iron sticks and police batons. The practitioners were beaten so hard that they had bruises all over their bodies. Some of them even vomited blood and also lost control of their bowels and bladders. Some disgraceful policemen viciously beat female practitioners in their genital region and shouted, "If you die, it will be considered a suicide." What was more degrading was that in order to make their dreams of getting promoted or making a fortune come true, they even extorted money and property from the practitioners' family members. They also illegally detained practitioners for more than 100 days after their terms had expired.
[Hailun City, Heilongjiang Province] The Persecution Situation of Practitioners in Lunhe Town
In the middle of December, practitioner Liu was kidnapped when posting truth-clarifying materials. He (or she) walked out of the evil's den after all fellow practitioners in the police station collectively sent forth righteous thoughts. But he was again kidnapped in Mingshui County. He is now held at the No.1 Detention Center in Hailun City.
Practitioner Liu Guiyun was kidnapped and sent to the No.1 Detention Center in Hailun City after police officers found truth-clarifying materials at her home.
The police also attempted to kidnap another female practitioner. This practitioner kept very strong righteous thoughts, however, as she decided not to cooperate with the police and would rather die at home. The lawless police thus failed to take her away.
[Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] The Criminal Record of Enforcers at the Solitary Confinement Facility in Wanjia's Forced Labor Camp
Dafa practitioners are cruelly tortured by the evil assailants only because they are determined in cultivating Dafa and have resolute, righteous faith in Dafa. In order to vent their personal resentment, the lawless police officers tortured practitioners using the most disgraceful means and abusing their authority. Being beaten and cursed or undergoing starvation are common tortures used on practitioners. Some female guards, including Jia Chunyan, Zhou Muqi, Wu Bo and Li Changrong, are the most vicious ones.
One time, practitioner Li Lan didn't have enough food and made a bowl of instant noodles. Female guard Jia Chunyan found out and threw the bowl of noodles away. The malicious guards even took away practitioners' coats. The weather in the winter of northeast China was very cold. The temperatures at night usually hover between --10 C to --20 C. The unscrupulous guards opened the doors and windows and forced practitioners to stand by the windows in thin clothing.
There are instruments of torture called "Imprisonment in Hell". These cages have a width of 0.6 meter, length of 1.3 meters and height of 1.5 meters. One time, the guards locked practitioner Lin Xiuru into it and even confined her to an iron chair. They locked her up like this for more than 10 days, until all the practitioners being detained in this way collectively staged a hunger strike.
The female guards punched and kicked the practitioners. They pulled handful after handful of hair off the practitioners' heads. They even tore practitioners' clothes into pieces.
[Beijing] List of Names of Unscrupulous Reporters Who Concocted a False Story to Slander Falun Gong
According to the Xinhua News Agency's correspondence on December 23, Xinhua News Agency reporters Cui Junqiang, Zhang Duo and Niu Aimin concocted the story posted on the 3rd page of Shanghai Xinmin Evening Post on Monday, December 24, 2001.