Corrupt Government Leaders Bring Disasters to the People
(Clearwisdom.net) The gang of corrupt officials led by China's president, Jiang Zemin, has been relentlessly persecuting Falun Dafa practitioners and spreading evil lies about Falun Dafa since July 1999. At least 333 Falun Gong practitioners are known to have been tortured to death. Over 500 people have been sentenced to prison terms without legal grounds. Over 1,000 people have been sent to mental hospitals. More than 20,000 have been sent to forced labor camps without legal procedure. Over 100,000 people have been detained. Countless Falun Gong practitioners have been mentally and physically tortured by police. Families have been broken and the lives of friends and colleagues affected by association. When leaders rule with brutality and no virtue, doing things against the will of the people, disasters will begin to occur as warning signs, and ordinary people will suffer. In the last two years there have been numerous natural and man-made disasters in many provinces and cities in China. This is the direct result of the persecution and defamation of Falun Dafa launched by Jiang Zemin and his followers.
In China, 79,800 people died in traffic accidents over a 10-month period, more than 20 times the number of casualties in the September 2001 terrorist attacks
Zhongxin Net reported on December 23 that according to sources from the Traffic Management Bureau of the Department of Public Security, from January to October of 2001, 666,000 traffic accidents occurred on public roadways [in China], causing 79,800 fatalities, 476,000 injuries, and direct economic damage of 2.57 billion Yuan [Chinese currency, the average monthly income of urban area is about 500 Yuan].
By the end of November, 35 major accidents, with more that 10 deaths each, were responsible for 594 deaths and 577 injuries. On an average day, 2,220 traffic accidents occur, causing 266 fatalities and 1,587 injuries.
A passenger bus collided with a semi-truck in Sichuan Province, resulting in 10 deaths and 18 injuries
Zhongxin Net reported on December 26 from Chengdu that at 7 p.m. on December 24, a passenger bus involved in an incident of road rage with a semi-truck collided with the truck on Chengdu Highway. It resulted in 10 deaths and 18 injuries, 10 of which were critical injuries.
A collision of a car and a train caused 28 fatalities in Xinjiang Province
According to Renminbao.com, a fatal accident occurred in the City of Atushi in Xinjiang Province at 11:15 a.m. on December 24. Train K887 collided with a passenger van at a crossing of the railroad and a public street, causing 28 fatalities and 11 serious injuries. This section of the railroad was closed for 2 hours afterwards.
A traffic accident involving 7 vehicles on Hexu Highway resulted in 4 deaths
Early in the morning of December 24, a traffic accident occurred in the 17 KM Section of the highway between Hefei (Anhui Province) and Xuzhou (Jiangsu Province). Four people died from the incident, two injured, and seven trucks severely damaged.
A traffic accident in Hongdong County, Shanxi Province resulted in 4 deaths and 2 injuries
At 5 a.m. on December 23, a traffic accident occurred in the Mingjiang Section of Huohou Road in Hongdong County, Shanxi Province, resulting in 4 deaths and 2 injuries.
Three elementary school pupils killed in one week in traffic accidents in Guiyang
In an area in Yeya, Wudang District, City of Guiyang, there were three traffic accidents within seven days. Three elementary students were killed, two of whom died at almost the exact same location but at different times.
The Heilongjiang Daily reported a serious traffic accident, in which eight were killed and 17 were injured
On November 22, a traffic accident occurred on National Highway 108 between Yuanping and Xinzhou due to low visibility, overloading of passengers and road rage. There were eight fatalities and 17 injures.
Thirty-seven were killed or injured in a major traffic accident in Banan, Chongqing
Zhongxin Net reported from Chongqing that at 9:20 a.m. on November 20, a traffic accident happened involving a medium-sized bus in Banan District, Chongqing City. By the morning of November 21, six people had died, 16 were seriously injured, and 15 were in fair condition. One of the people injured was still in critical condition.
BBC: Frequent explosions in China are a serious public safety concern
BBC broadcasted in its Chinese program that a series of premeditated explosions occurred in Zhejiang and Shandong Provinces. In Guizhou, a bomb was found before it could be ignited. These explosions caused serious public safety concerns among Chinese people.
On the morning of December 24, an explosion happened in a worker's housing unit in Taishun County, Zhejiang Province. The family of three who resided there was killed.
In the evening of December 23, an explosion happened in the parking lot of Jialefu Shopping Center in Qingdao City, Shandong Province. The windows of three cars were shattered. Shoppers were terrified.
An explosion occurred at a McDonald's restaurant in Xian on December 14. Two were killed and 27 were injured. On the same day, 20 blasts happened in Guangdong, in which five died and two were injured.
In March 2001, 108 people were killed in a large-scale explosion in Shijiazhuang.
The areas where the authorities have been brutally persecuting Dafa practitioners are also where disasters are frequently happening. Please note the following reports of brutality in these cities and provinces.
Changji Forced Labor Camp in Xinjiang brutally tortures Falun Dafa practitioners
Many male Falun Dafa practitioners are illegally detained in the Changji Forced Labor Camp in Xinjiang. Forced to perform heavy manual labor, these practitioners face unprecedented challenges and cruel, inhuman tortures.
- Since the Changji Forced Labor Camp began housing Falun Gong practitioners in December 1999, numerous practitioners have been brutally beaten. The police use electric batons they made to torture practitioners. One practitioner was stripped and locked inside an office to be tortured with an electric baton for extended periods of time. They also use a specially made cube-shaped electric torture device to beat practitioners. This device can not only send electrical shocks, but also break the skin, blood vessels and muscles. In their attempts to force practitioners to give up practicing, they have applied this device to several Dafa practitioners. Innocent practitioners return to their cells covered with blood. The scene is horrendous.
- Most practitioners detained here are younger, with an average age below 30. There is one an elderly practitioner (62 years old) who was tortured in inhuman ways too. Every day he is forced into military-style training exercises and then intense labor. From the beginning, he hasn't been allowed to sleep at night. He was watched closely. Whenever he fell asleep, he was forced to wake up and run in the hallway. This lasted for 7 to 8 days, during which this elderly practitioner did not sleep at all. Then they allowed him to sleep for four hours every night and work 16 hours a day. Due to the intense labor and lack of sleep, he sometimes fell asleep while working. This would then result in a severe beating. Now this practitioner is so injured that he cannot even leave his bed.
- The situation in the Changji Labor Camp is deteriorating. Practitioners have become clear in their minds and state that all words and actions against Dafa resulting from brainwashing are void, and they have come back to cultivation again. The evil police are thus using even more cruel methods to torture Dafa practitioners. Two practitioners there, Zhao Aijun and Cui Guilin have since been transferred to a prison.
Accounts of bloody violence in Xishanping Forced Labor Camp in Chongqing
Xishanping Labor Camp is located in Beipei District, City of Chongqing. The Falun Dafa practitioners detained there have lost their basic human rights and have been brutally tortured for a long time. Some were even murdered. On May 30, 2001, Li Zetao was severely beaten by staff at the labor camp and forced to jump out the window of a building. He died after failed rescue efforts. Practitioners who remain in the forced-labor camp continue to suffer from inhuman tortures.
In November 2000, the labor camp formed a so-called "Seventh Educational Team" to target Falun Gong practitioners. They have sent in over 100 drug convicts to watch over Falun Gong practitioners, one on one, night and day. These often violent-natured convicts enjoy beating people. Practitioner Li Hongfu's chest and stomach were severely damaged from such a beating. He couldn't eat and coughed blood. The evil police removed him from the group and his health did not improve for more than two months. Li Hongfu remains in custody in Xishanping Forced-Labor Camp.
Practitioner Wu Qun was watched over and tortured by the convicts because he said, "Falun Dafa is righteous" at a meeting. Seven of the convicts ganged up and beat him. Two of his ribs were broken. Even today he can't walk with his back straight and his body remains emaciated.
Practitioner Cao Xuelu saw police beat other practitioners and spoke up to tell them that they shouldn't beat people. Mr. Chen, the evil Director of the Educational Team, struck Cao violently in full view of dozens of Falun Gong practitioners and more than 100 other people at the camp. Cao immediately lost consciousness and was sent to the hospital, where he stayed for a month.
A policeman broke Cao Xuetao's left hand with a hammer because he insisted on practicing the Falun Dafa exercises. He still cannot hold a rice bowl without shaking. When he was sent to the forced-labor camp hospital, an irresponsible doctor damaged his nerves while giving an injection. His whole left side became paralyzed. This past summer, since he was not able to run as required by the police, policeman Li Zhongquan made him sit under the burning sun for long periods of time. Others tortured this way include Tang Deliang, Zhang Yongjun and Mou Lunhui.
Phosphorous engineer Yang Yi from Fuquan City, Guizhou Province was tortured to death in the local detention center.
Thirty-eight year old phosphorous engineer Yang Yi from Fuquan City, Guizhou Province was tortured to death by the police on November 16, 2001 while being illegally detained at a local detention center.
Yang Yi, male, was originally from Human Province. He was a graduate of Changsha Institute of Metal Engineering and worked for the Wengfu phosphorous mine in Guizhou Province. He started practicing Falun Dafa in 1996.
Since the persecution against Falun Dafa in China began in July 1999, Yang Yi and his fellow practitioners have been distributing materials in areas near Fuquan City to clarify the truth to people. He was arrested with another practitioner on December 26, 2000 when distributing Dafa truth-clarifying materials. His wife Zhou (also a Dafa practitioner) was also illegally detained. With Yang Yi and his wife both in detention, the only people left in the family are their child, a school pupil, and Zhou's elderly mother. Since there was no one to take care of them, their lives were becoming increasingly difficult.
While in detention, because Yang Yi chose to not disclose the names of other practitioners in the area, he was brutally beaten by the police several times. His right lower leg was broken. After 10 months of illegal detention, on October 24, 2001, they sentenced Yang Yi to seven years in labor camps without legal procedures. Zhou was sentenced, also illegally, to one year in a forced-labor camp with a one-year extension. After extorting 3,000 Yuan of "guarantee money" from Zhou, the police released her on November12.
When Yang Yi's family members visited him in October 2001, he seemed very weak, and did not have much hair left. Their request to send him to a hospital was initially denied by the police. On November 15, when the police of the detention center saw that Yang's condition was really critical, they finally agreed to send him to the hospital. When leaving the detention center, Yang Yi was very emaciated. He could not eat anything and even vomited water. He died the next day, still with shackles on his swollen wrists. The scene was quite sad.
Brainwashing class in Taiyuan City, Shanxi Province relentlessly persecutes Dafa disciples
Taiyuan City officials illegally set up a so-called "Educational Class for the Rule of Law" at Zhencheng Labor Camp in Taiyuan. Ironically, this class is actually a brainwashing class in gross violation of the rule of law. On March 5, 2001, the city government mobilized all levels of police stations, community organizations and district level government offices. They used all kinds of despicable methods to take more than 100 Falun Dafa practitioners away from their homes and lock them up in forced-labor camps. The practitioners' personal freedom was violated, and they were brainwashed using fabricated videos and distorted stories. At the forced-labor camp the staff were extremely vicious and cruel. Due to the inhuman torture, 70-year-old Dafa practitioner Song Yuying died in May.
The staff at the labor camp curse and insult Dafa practitioners using filthy language. They also try to threaten and scare Dafa practitioners in order to change the practitioners' minds. If they find Dafa practitioners doing the exercises, they take various brutal measures to torture them. The following are their main methods:
- Punishment of standing: practitioners are forced to stand under the burning sun for days at a time.
- Long-term detention: for months, practitioners are not allowed to see their family members. They are not allowed to go outside either. Firm practitioners are beaten more severely, with brutal slaps in the face. A female officer named Cui Ying is very vicious. She beat many female practitioners, giving them bruises that would not disappear for more than a week. Many practitioners have dark bruises of the size of a fist all over their bodies.
- Not allowing practitioners to sleep: Dafa practitioners are often woken at 2 or 3 a.m. and ordered to run in circles. Even people in their 70's are not exempt. If they cannot run, then they have to walk. This usually lasts until sunrise.
- Setting police dogs to attack and bite practitioners: there have been many incidences where police set fierce attack dogs upon female practitioners in order to inflict injury and terror. The police just stood aside and watched.
- Other methods: some staff will pour ice cold water on practitioners if they are found doing the exercises. When the staff see the practitioners' strong and righteous faith in Dafa, they become even angrier and forbid the practitioners from washing their faces, brushing their teeth or washing their clothes. The staff also lie to the family members of practitioners. Saturday is supposed to be the day for visiting, but that is only on paper. Sometimes they don't even permit family members to bring basic necessities to practitioners.
Jiang Zemin's group uses evil means to illegally persecute Falun Gong, a situation Amnesty International has described as "state terrorism." This is against the principles of heaven. Those that persecute and damage Dafa are meeting their due retribution every day. Ordinary people who are indifferent to this brutal persecution are also in a very dangerous position, because indifference to the innocent who are persecuted is the same as helping the evil. Fellow Chinese people in the mainland, for your friends and relatives who are suffering this persecution and also for yourself, you must entirely defy this evil persecution against Falun Gong and immediately stop the torture and killing of Falun Gong practitioners. This matter is of primary importance and cannot be delayed for one single moment. Please support justice and kindness, and treat Falun Gong with fairness!