(Clearwisdom.net) According to January 25th Xinhua News Agency reports, a heavy snowstorm, which has rarely occurred in the last thirty years, struck the south of Xinjiang autonomous region, causing serious disasters in the Hetian and Kashi areas. From January 14 on, the heavy snow has continued falling until the present day, while the temperature has dropped to minus 26 degrees Celsius (approx. minus thirteen degrees Fahrenheit) and is still dropping.

The statistics show that, in Pishan, Moyu and Yutian, the three counties in the Hetian area, the number of people affected by the snowstorm has risen to 3,527; the number of cattle deaths has risen to 1, 340, and houses have collapsed everywhere. In Yecheng County, Kashi area, 4,000 cattle froze to death, and 12,000 were trapped in the snow. The losses caused by the snowstorm are estimated at millions of Yuan, and the people in the affected areas face tremendous difficulties in their daily lives.

The eccentricity of the weather in the last two years is beyond the explanation of any known scientific facts. Those with rational thinking should see that the disasters and abnormal natural phenomena are actually warnings to the people. The evil regime's persecution of Falun Gong and its practitioners goes against the heavenly laws and brings endless disasters to the nation and the people.

Chai Yong, a practitioner in Changji, Xinjiang Autonomous Region, was persecuted to death.

Chai Yong, about 29, a self-employed businessman, was sentenced to 1.5 years in October 1999 for appealing for Falun Gong. In August 2001, he was tortured to death in a labor camp.

In October 1999, Chai and his wife brought an appeal letter co-signed by 40 others to Beijing. He was arrested in Beijing and taken back by the local police. During the detention, he was frequently beaten for practicing and studying Fa [law and principles] and was severely injured. Later he was illegally sentenced to 1.5 years in a labor camp, where he again was beaten for not giving up his belief. Around the New Year, 2001, he was found to have a tumor in his stomach and was released ahead of schedule because the labor camp did not want to take responsibility if he died. At that time, the previously healthy young man had become emaciated and almost disabled.

In August, Chai's health deteriorated, and he passed away on the way to the hospital. Medical exams showed that both of his kidneys had lost their function. According to all of his health records and other evidence, these problems were the result of the severe torture he received from the vicious police when he was imprisoned in the labor camp.

The Evil Deeds and Evil People in Wulumuqi, the Capital of the Xinjiang Autonomous Region

Li Xiaoyu is the general officer of Tianshan branch of the Police department of Wulumuqi.

The director of the public security bureau, Li Xiaoyu, the security officers Zhang Enyuan, Li Yuguang, Bi Weiqia, their subordinate policemen Bai Yang, Yang Tao, Cheng Xueli, Yang Shusheng, Zhang jinlong, Ma Shujun, and the policemen surnamed Ren, Liu and Meng sabotaged practitioners' attempts to clarify the truth to people on many occasions. They cruelly tortured the practitioners they arrested and sent them to detention centers, labor camps and jails. They withheld for themselves most of the cash, deposits and debit cards that they confiscated while ransacking practitioners' homes.

The evil's typical means of persecuting practitioners:

  1. Refusing to release the practitioners even after their sentences have expired;
  2. Refusing to release wounded, sick practitioners, and denying them their right to normal medical care;
  3. Arbitrarily withholding the practitioners' articles of clothing;
  4. Extorting detained practitioners' money by drastically raising telephone fees when they call their families on Sunday. A phone call of a few minutes costs up to a decade's worth of work salary.
  5. Pretending to be kind (such as the female political officer surnamed Ma) but secretly abetting the police and inmates of the labor camp to severely persecute practitioners.

Three Practitioners in Xinjiang Were Cruelly Tortured and Unlawfully Tried

Dafa practitioners Yu Jianmin, Tao Ge and Li Yongzheng were arrested by the Hutubi Town police station in December 2000.

On the evening of December 8th, Tao was severely injured when he tried to escape from the police and accidentally fell from the 4th floor of a building. He was sent to a hospital, and the medical exam showed hairline fractures of the legs, fractures of different degrees of the fifth lumbar vertebra and the left wrist, and a sprain of the right hand. Because of the harsh treatment in jail, his face remains swollen to this day. However, the jail warden lied, saying that he was fine and had put on weight. Even when he was in such a critical condition, the wardens denied Tao of sleep for 9 days. Whenever he shut his eyelids, the evil policemen kicked him to wake him up. His wounds are still causing him severe pain. Moreover, he was not allowed to see his relatives, and his relatives' request to bail him out for medical treatment was denied as well.

Li is illegally imprisoned in a detention center. His company forced him to quit his job, and his pregnant wife has lost her financial resources. The authorities have also rejected his family's request to bail him out.

Yu was deprived of sleep for 7 days. The police had the labor camp inmates beat him.

On October 24, 2001, the day of their trial in Hutubi, the court didn't allow other people to attend the trial. Only a few of their relatives were informed. The court announced their so-called charges in the indictment: practicing Falun Gong and distributing Falun Gong flyers.

During the trial, Li Yongzheng pointed out that legislative power belongs to the People's Congress and that the Standing Committee and other authorities have no right to make a law. The prosecutors took out a white-peeled pamphlet without a date to claim that the legislation was legal. Tao Ge asked, "You have claimed to act according to laws, but why did you deny me sleep and kick me while I was so badly injured?" The judge had to hurriedly interrupt him. Whenever the practitioners brought up important issues, the court would interrupt them.

The trial lasted from the morning until 5 o'clock p.m., and then was adjourned. Although it was announced that the practitioners would await a second round of trial, they were arbitrarily sentenced without any further trial. Tao and Li were sentenced to 5 years, and Yu was sentenced to 7 years.

It was said that the authorities had already determined the practitioners' sentences, and that the trial was just a show. Some lawyers revealed that for all practical purposes they were not allowed to defend Falun Gong practitioners. The lawyers must get agreement from the legal authorities first, and then also report their contacts and talks with practitioners to the authorities from time to time.

The telephone number of the Hutubi detention center: 86-994-4502314.

If those in power do not stop the persecution of Dafa practitioners, there will be no end of the punishment from the heavens. At this crucial moment in history, all kind people in Mainland China should distinguish the evil from the good and follow their consciences.