Dong Li, male, 46 years old, is a farmer from Hongwei Village, Songjiang Township, Jiamusi City in Heilongjiang Province. In 2000, because he studied the Fa and practiced the exercises at home, people from the local police station imprisoned him for 36 days at a detention center. On November 4, 2001, authorities from the local police station, with excuse of "having a talk," again detained him at the detention center for 18 days.

Ma Xuejun, male, is 46 years old. On July 21, 1999, people from the Political and Security Section of Jiamusi City Police Department, with the excuse of having him come in for a talk, illegally detained Mr. Ma for 15 days. On September 8, 1999, the police officers, again using the excuse of "talking," detained him until February 2, 2000, a period of four months and 22 days. He was also extorted 1,400 Yuan. On June 14, 2000, he was sentenced to three years of forced labor re-education, because he went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. His monthly salary was reduced from 1,700 Yuan to 155 Yuan.

Zhang Qinghua, male, is 35 years old. On the night of April 30, 2000, when he was passing through Boli County on a bus, he was intercepted by the local police on the road. He was then ordered to curse Master Li and step on Master Li's portrait. Because he refused to do so, he was illegally sentenced to two years of forced labor re-education. People from the Boli Police Department stole 500 Yuan that he had with him.

Chuang Jing, female, 45 years old, went to Beijing on June 16, 2000 to appeal for Falun Gong and was illegally detained for 20 days. On May 1, when she was passing by Boli County on a bus, officers from the Boli Police Department intercepted the bus and required all passengers to curse Master Li and step on Master Li's portrait. Because she refused, she was illegally detained for 82 days. Later, she was illegally sentenced to forced labor re-education. After that, she was "on parole" because of her physical condition. She had 500 Yuan extorted from her for "food expenses" by persons from the Boli Detention Center.

Li En, male, 48 years old, is a vegetable farmer in Jiangnan Village, Changqing County in Jiamusi City, Heilongjiang Province. On February 18, 2000, he was arrested at home for no reason and not released until May 5. He was illegally imprisoned for 78 days and had 4,500 Yuan extorted from him by Chen Wanyou from the city "610 Office" and another 1,000 Yuan for "boarding" expenses. [The "610 Office" is an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems.] On June 12, 2000, he was abducted from home by Yu Chunbao and the driver of Changhong Police Station and not released until August 25. This time he was illegally detained for 84 days and extorted 500 Yuan by Chen Wanyou. From September 24, 2000 till now, he was forced to leave his family, far away from his wife and daughter and live under difficult conditions.

Zhang Gemei, female, 36 years old, lives in Group 7, Section 22 in Xiangyang District, Jiamusi City. She is an employee of Hualian Business Ventures. At the end of September, 1999, simply because she was steadfast in cultivating Dafa, she was taken away from her work unit by officers from the Xiangyang police station and imprisoned at the detention center for 3 months. During her imprisonment she continued to study the Fa [law and principles] and practice. During the freezing winter days, the wicked police forced her and several other practitioners to sit on the cement ground outside by the wall for over 5 hours. She had on only a thin pair of pants, not the quilted winter pants. At the end of December, people from the Xiangyang police station extorted 5,000 Yuan from her family, in the name of a "security deposit," and another 600 Yuan for "food expenses." The primary responsible person is Yu Jinjun.

In June 2000, Ms. Zhang went to Beijing to clarify the truth of Falun Dafa. Inside the police van, she was brutally beaten by police officers from Tiananmen Square police station. After being sent back to Jiamusi City, she was illegally sentenced to one year forced labor re-education. During her imprisonment, a vicious person, Liu Yan, from the "610 Office," commanded Zhang's employer to hand over 2,200 Yuan, which was deducted from her salary. In August 2001, she went to Mudanjiang City Party Committee to inquire of the reason for a practitioner's imprisonment. She was illegally detained by officers from the Mudanjiang City Party Committee and later forced by "610 Office" to attend a brainwashing class [set up by the government to force practitioners to give up practicing Falun Gong] at the Jiamusi detention center for one month. She was extorted an additional 850 Yuan to pay for the so-called "class tuition."

Bi Jiamei, female, 58 years old, lives in Group 1, Section 46 in the Yonghong District. She works in Jiamusi City Yonghong District Pressure Vessel Plant. In 1999, she went to the provincial capital to appeal for Dafa and was intercepted by the police and illegally detained for 20 hours. On March 5, 2000, she went to Beijing to appeal and was arrested. She was escorted back in shackles and unlawfully detained for 30 days. Afterwards, she had 3,650 Yuan taken from her as "guarantee money." Her ID card is still being withheld at the police station. The lawless local policemen searched her home for no reason. They found one copy of Zhuan Falun and took it away. Afterwards, she was again detained because she attended the Sifengshan Dafa Experience Sharing Conference. Her work unit often sends security personnel to monitor her.

Sun Dacheng, male, 29 years old, is an employee of Jiamusi City Mold Plant. He lives in Xiangyang District. In November 2000, he went to Beijing to appeal for Dafa. He was arrested on November 13 and illegally detained for 12 hours at Tiananmen Police Station. During that evening, he was escorted to and illegally imprisoned at the Chaoyang District Detention Center in Beijing. On November 21, he was illegally detained at Jiamusi government liaison office in Beijing. He was held in the same room with more than ten other people that included males and females. Everyday, his three meals consisted of a steamed bun and salty, pickled vegetables, yet he had to pay 30 Yuan a day for "food expenses." On November 25, some police officers from Jiamusi City and co-workers from his work unit brought him back to Jiamusi. On November 27, he was escorted to the detention center by personnel from the district police department and illegally imprisoned for 81 days. During this time he went on a hunger strike to protest the illegal imprisonment but suffered from force-feeding and other tortures. The police used salted cornmeal when force-feeding him. The purpose was to cause him to drink lots of water after swallowing the salted corn flour, and therefore start to eat. Their method is completely inhuman and dangerous to the person's health. On January 16, 2001, he was sentenced to one year of forced labor re-education with trumped up charges. The labor camp officials did not allow practitioners to talk to each other and practice the exercises. They also tried to force the practitioners to give up their cultivation. Those who were steadfast would have their imprisonment terms extended.

Ao Ran, female, 27 years old, lives in Xiangyang District in Jiamusi City. In December 2000, she was arrested for distributing truth-clarifying materials and detained for 2 1/2 months. During the illegal imprisonment, her husband was also illegally imprisoned because he went to Beijing to appeal for Dafa. Their three-year-old daughter was left home alone to fend for herself. With no legal authority, the police searched their home.

Yan Yunxia, female, 52 years old, lives in Group 5, Section 74, Yonghong District in Jiamusi City. On June 30, 2000, she went to Beijing to rectify the Fa. She was then escorted back to Jiamusi City Detention Center and illegally detained for 30 days. In the Jiamusi government liaison office in Beijing, she had over 200 Yuan extorted from her by police officer Huang from Qianjin District Police Department. On October 5, 2000, she went to Beijing again to clarify the truth of Falun Dafa, but was found by the police at the Harbin City train station. She was then escorted back to Jiamusi City and illegally detained for 27 days. She had 400 Yuan extorted from her for "food expenses." During this time she went on a hunger strike to protest the illegal imprisonment. She was force-fed with a concentrated saline solution by police officer Ma and others. Later, she was put in shackles and tied to the floor. Because of the police's brutal persecution, she wasn't released until she suffered a heart attack.

Ma Guiyun, female, 43 years old, works at Jiamusi City No. 2 Printing Plant, and lives in Qianjin District, Jiamusi City. On December 16, 2000, she went to Beijing to appeal and was detained in Changchun City for one night. Later, she was illegally imprisoned for 17 days at Jiamusi City Detention Center. She had 5,000 Yuan extorted from her plus had to pay an additional 150 Yuan for "food expenses" by Guo Weishan, Shi Xiuwen from Yonghong District Police Department.

Wang Guizhen, female, 52 years old, works in Jiamusi City "dryer" machine branch of the Northern Machinery Factory. In March 2000, she went to the State Council in Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. Along the way police arrested her and sent her to Jiamusi City Liaison Office in Beijing. More than fifteen Falun Dafa practitioners were detained in a small room, no more than 20 square meters [around 210 sq. feet]. Several days later she was escorted back and transferred to Jiamusi City Detention Center where she was illegally detained for about 50 days. Her family was forced to pay a so-called "fine" of 5,250 Yuan [the average monthly income in cities of China is 500 Yuan]. After her release, her work unit fired her. She was not allowed to resume employment until July. During this period, 1,600 Yuan of her salary was withheld. At the end of 2000, she went to Beijing for the second time and was again sent back to Jiamusi City, after having been illegally detained for one week in Beijing. Her work unit fined her 1,700 Yuan and people from the Jiamusi Liaison Office in Beijing confiscated 136 Yuan from her. At Tiananmen Square, three evil policemen hit her on the head with electric batons. They also verbally abused her, pulled her glasses from her face and pulled out her hair. Rotten dried vegetables were rubbed onto her face and mouth three times. Common criminals at Huairou County Prison in Beijing body-searched her and took away all her toiletries and things needed for washing up. Because she carried on a hunger strike to protest this unlawful detention, they inserted a tube for force-feeding. The tube was erroneously inserted into her trachea and her life became endangered. She was released a week later.

Wu Xumei, female, 46 years old, is an accountant at Jiamusi City Construction Department who lives at No. 30 in Yonghong District. She was arrested in February 2000 when she went to Beijing to appeal and validate that "Falun Dafa is good," and was subsequently sent to Jiamusi City Mental Hospital where she was tortured for a month. She was forcefully injected with medicine and suffered immense physical, psychological and mental trauma. In October 2000, she went to Beijing once more and was arrested again. People from Yonghong District Police Department then forcibly sent her to Jiamusi City Detention Center. She was forced to wear 48 Jin (equal to 53 lbs) heavy foot shackles and force-fed because she went on a hunger strike. After her release she continued her Dafa work. On May 22, 2001, she spray- painted the words "Falun Dafa is good." As a result, she was brutally beaten by officers from Yonghong Police Department and suffered wounds and bruises all over her body. At the detention center she went on hunger strike and refused to put on prisoners' uniforms. Consequently, she was pinned to a makeshift bed on the floor in a spread-eagle position. On May 25, she was illegally sentenced to 3 years of forced labor. For 200 days she was confined in a cell no larger than 14 square meters. She was not allowed to come out of the cell. The food in the labor camp was monotonous, not nutritious and insufficient to fill the stomach. She was unable to eat due to the torture and vomited continually for one month. Subsequently, she began to vomit blood and bile. She was tortured until no signs of blood pressure could be measured; her pulse was too weak to be detected and her kidneys began to fail. She was in a coma and was thus sent to a hospital "on medical parole."

Yang Li, female, 61 years old, resident of Group 18, Section 55 of Dongfong District in Jiamusi City, Heilongjiang Province. She worked in the power plant in Jiamusi City. On April 30, 2000, when she was clarifying the truth to people, she was arrested by officers from Jiangou Road Police Station of Dongfong District and tortured. She was forced to stand for 12 hours, with both hands handcuffed behind her back. She was made to hold the torture position called "flying the airplane," in which a 90 degree angle is formed between her legs and upper body and her handcuffed arms are stretched high above her back, upwards. When she refused to comply, the police yanked her hair and pushed her on the ground while verbally abusing her. Later, the police authorities extorted 2,500 Yuan from her before releasing her. No receipt for the money was given.

Kang Aifen, female, 45 years old, lived in Qianjin District No.2 Residential Area of Jiamusi City Railway Department. On February 1, 2000, she went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. She was arrested and sent to Jiamusi City Detention Center where she was illegally detained for 50 days. The environment in the detention center was extremely hostile. The sounds of fellow practitioners being beaten up or verbally abused could be heard everyday. The cells were very small, but each cell contained more than 30 people. There is not enough space to lie down for sleeping. The police authorities threatened her family members that they would send her to a forced labor camp. Out of desperation, her family members had no choice but to spend 1,000 Yuan to treat the lawless policemen to dinner. These unconscionable police officers further extorted another 3,000 Yuan from her family members before releasing her. On February 13, 2000, she was again arrested while clarifying the truth about Falun Dafa. This time, the police officers extorted 3,000 Yuan from her family members before releasing her. No legal documents were produced and neither was a receipt given for the extorted money. When officers from the Xiangyang District Police Department of Jiamusi City heard that her family is quite well off, they frequently came to her house to arrest her so that they could extort more money. As a result, her normal life was severely disrupted, and she eventually had to abandon her home to avoid further persecution.

Niu Yuhuan, female, 46 years old, a worker for the Railway Spare Parts Factory in Jiamusi City. She lives in Group 6, Section 46 in Qianjin District. She went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong and was sent back. The Zhongshan Detention Center authorities of Jiamusi City issued an arrest warrant in order to detain her for 15 days. She was detained for 70 days without charge. During the detention period she was punished by having to stand for a long time, by keeping her back in a bent position for a long time and also being whipped with a leather belt. In a single cell, dozens of people are locked up together and one cannot sleep properly. Frequently one has to sit up the whole night. She did not comply with the evil persecution and went on hunger strike for 18 days as a way to petition for release. Even under these conditions whereby her body had become extremely weak, the police still extorted 5,000 Yuan from her family by threatening to send her to a forced labor camp before releasing her. The detention center further extorted 1,000 Yuan from her. The main culprit: Chief Shi of the Detention Center.

Qi Shuqing, female, 45 years old, worker at Jiamusi City Cast Plastics Factory. She lives in Group 6, Section 32 in Qianjin District. She went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong and was escorted back. As a result, she was sent to the detention center by officers from the Zhongshan Police Station to be illegally detained for 3 months. The food there consisted of things that are usually fed to pigs. At night there was no place to sleep; one could only sit up. She went on a hunger strike to protest her illegal detention. Consequently, she was force-fed twice and punished by having to stand for a long time. The evil people carelessly wriggled the feeding tube in her stomach, injuring her stomach lining and causing her to vomit blood. When the police officers forced her to stand for a long time, she was not allowed to wear slippers and was tied up with her hands behind her back. Being verbally abused by the police is a common event. Her body and soul suffered severely. Using her trip to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong as excuse, her work unit withheld her wages for as long as half a year. The main culprit: Secretary Wu of the Cast Plastics Factory.

Liu Liying, female, 37 years old, lives at Group 6, Section 48 in Qianjin District of Jiamusi City. On the New Year Eve of the lunar calendar of 2000, she went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong and was illegally sent to Jiamusi Detention Center. On January 5 of the lunar calendar, just because she practiced the exercises, she was whipped with a leather belt by policeman Huo. She was whipped until her whole face was covered with blood. Before she was released, the detention center "authorities" extorted 1,900 Yuan from her. In June 2000, because she again went to Beijing to appeal, she was extorted 290 Yuan by officer Huang of Qianjin District Police Department who resided at the liaison office in Beijing. On February 2, 2001, Shang Chunrong of the administrative section of the Fufa Glass Factory forcibly compelled Liu to give up cultivating Falun Dafa. Because she refused to comply, six people forcefully took her to the detention center. The leaders at her work unit said, "As along as she doesn't write the 'guarantee letter' to give up cultivating Falun Gong, she will not be allowed to come back to work." Her wages have been withheld since then. Moreover, 960 Yuan in cash was arbitrarily deducted from her account. This resulted in financial difficulties and prevented her from keeping her normal life.

Zhao Ying, female, 25 years old, lives in Xianfeng No. 2 Residential Area of Railway Department in Jiamusi. Between October 6, 2000 and December 19, 2000, she went to Beijing to validate Falun Dafa. Because of that, officers from the Zhongshan Police Station sent her to a detention center and illegally locked her up. Zhou Fuqing of the Zhongshan Police Station extorted a so-called "escorting fee" of more than 2,000 Yuan from her. She had an additional 1,000 Yuan extorted from her for "food expenses" by the detention center authorities. An arbitrary "sentimentality" fee extorted by Chen Wanyou of the City Police Department was at least 10,000 Yuan. Officers from the liaison office in Beijing confiscated about another 1,000 Yuan. In April 2001, she was locked up again, this time in Baoqing County's Detention Center after being illegally arrested by police officers from Wanjinshan Township Police Station of Baoqing County. She was extorted more than 200 Yuan for "food expenses." Three days later she was sent to the Railway Detention Center to be illegally detained for 18 days. Then she was unlawfully sent for forced labor. Because of her physical condition, she was let out on parole. During her illegal detention period, the police officers beat her, verbally abused her, intimidated her and forcefully brainwashed her. The police officers also used the tactic of taking turns to torment her, preventing her from sleeping and punished her physically in various other ways. In July 2001, she was again arrested by officers from Beijing's Haidian District Police Department, detained and then sent for illegal forced labor and has still not been released.