I am a 50-year-old female Falun Gong practitioner. On the evening of August 21, 2001, I was abducted by three plainclothes policemen. They ambushed me near my home as I was returning with a stack of freshly printed Falun Gong materials. They dragged me downstairs and pushed me into a car. There were about ten policemen waiting around my house. After I was forced into the car, one of them demanded to know where I obtained the Falun Gong materials. I refused to answer him. Right away he slapped my face hard, and kicked me twice.

After we arrived at the Niuquanzigou Police Station, they handcuffed me to a radiator and continued their interrogation. I still refused to utter even a word. One of them approached me and slapped me hard, and I started spitting out blood. Then they dragged me into another room and closed the door in order to hide their torture of me from public view. They started beating and kicking me. Seeing that I still refused to cooperate with them, they started to shock my neck, arms, and feet with electric batons, all the while cursing at me with the vilest language. After a while, another three or four policemen came into the room. They surrounded me and started taking turns beating me. One of them hit my head with the sole of a shoe. Another one beat me with a yardstick so hard that I felt like I was going to throw up.

I was cuffed to a chair barefooted. They continued to torture and shock me with an electric baton. A policeman who was beating me with a long stick started to poke my mouth with the stick. Later, they poured cold water on the floor and immersed my feet in the water. Then they applied electric shocks to the water, hit my ankles and the tops of my feet. One of them even stripped the insulation from an electric cord and stabbed me with the metal wire. Meanwhile, another policeman cursed wickedly while beating me, "You do practice Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance, don't you? Well, this is called practicing Forbearance. You keep saying good is rewarded with good, and evil will be met with evil. You think that I care? I am not afraid to go to hell. So I will beat the heck out of you. Just watch me and see if I go to hell." Just like that, these young thugs in police uniforms tortured me, a 50-year-old woman, from 11 p.m. until 10 a.m. the next morning. During the torture, deputies from the Shuangqiao District National Security Brigade came into the room to find out what was going on, and yet nobody tried to intervene and stop the torture. I had injuries all over my body, with dark purple colored bruises covering every patch of skin.

Later they sent me to a detention center. The officer on duty that received me observed that I was badly wounded, and he wrote down in the receiving log that my left arm showed an external injury. I was wearing a short sleeved shirt, and my exposed arm was clearly injured from the torture and my clothes were stained with blood. My body hurt all over and I dared not move while lying in bed. The bruises didn't subside for more than a month. I have now been illegally detained for nearly two months, yet my body still shows signs of injury. My right thumb feels numb and a patch on the top of my left foot still hurts.

On one side, Falun Gong practitioners are telling people what is really happening and the truth of the universe with their great compassion, patience, and tolerance. On the other side, the government's institutions are brutally persecuting and torturing kindhearted people. Isn't it obvious who is right and who is wrong? Sentient beings of the world please awaken! Please, come forward with your support for compassion!