Case 1:

Deng Jie, the director of the Yonghong District committee in Jiamusi City, Xinjiang Province, received a 400 Yuan (the monthly salary for an average worker in Chinese cities is about 500 Yuan) reward for turning a Falun Dafa practitioner who was publicly clarifying the truth about the persecution, to the police. Now Deng Jie has a terminal illness and is in the hospital.

Case 2:

One day in May 2001, a retired power-plant worker, Cui Jingyu, and another couple, discovered three practitioners producing truth-clarifying literature. Tempted by the potential reward for turning them in, Cui Jingyu reported these practitioners to the police and did receive a 1,500 Yuan reward in return for his efforts. The next day when he was walking on the street, a jeep that was speeding hit him and knocked him down to the ground. While he was still shaking from the accident, one of his relatives came over in haste to tell him, "Your son was electrocuted, I don't know if he's dead or not, you'd better go to the hospital immediately."

In contrast, the couple who had also discovered those three practitioners who were producing truth-clarifying literature said, "We won't go against our conscience to report them. Otherwise, we'll receive retribution." Several days later, the husband had an examination at the hospital, and it was discovered that many of his illnesses were gone, including a very serious case of diabetes.

The two different attitudes toward Falun Dafa practitioners brought about two completely different results. The local people all discussed it extensively. Some people began to believe in the great power of Falun Dafa and said, "Falun Dafa is miraculous. It will definitely prevail in the end!"

Case 3:

Mr. Cao, village mayor named of a certain county in Hebei Province, actively played a role in assisting the evil and received his retribution. His back became so terribly painful that he could not stand up straight. And if he squatted down, he was unable to stand up.

A village's director of Public Security, a Mr. Liu, led the police to every practitioner's home to harass and unlawfully arrest them. At the end of 2000, the police and local government officials came to the village to arrest practitioners again. Liu joined them again and had four practitioners arrested and imprisoned by the county for more than four months and caused three practitioners to be fined 3,000 Yuan.

One day in July 2001, Liu was riding a motorbike home when he hit a tractor that was parked on the side of the road. He was injured in many places. He had to have five stitches on his forehead. The wound on his leg is still running with pus. His wife, Mrs. Cao, tore down a Falun Emblem that was posted in the alley near her home, and later she felt dizzy and had to stay in bed. For many days, she had no desire to eat, and had to receive an intravenous infusion, take medicine, and get shots. She went to see a Falun Dafa practitioner and asked if this was retribution for what she had done against Falun Dafa. The practitioner told her the truth facts regarding Falun Dafa, and then she said that she wanted to practice Falun Dafa and not help a tyrant to do evil deeds anymore.