July 5, 2001

(Clearwisdom.net) I am a retired worker. I have been practicing Falun Dafa for three years. At 2PM on Feb. 3, 2001, police tricked me into going to a police station, and then I was detained there. I lost my freedom. The police did not allow my family members to see me when they came to visit.

At night, the police transferred me to a small room in the Public Security Bureau. They arranged two shifts during the daytime, and two shifts in the evening to monitor me. There were three people in each shift, and they interrogated me in turns day and night. They asked me to tell them where the truth-clarifying literature came from, and who wrote "Falun Dafa is good" on the wall. Ye Zhixian, the Director of No. 1 Department of the Public Security Bureau, organized this persecution group.

During the freezing nights, they did not allow me to even close my eyes for a second, or to rest for a minute, and they did not allow me to say that Falun Dafa is good. They interrogated me for three days and three nights nonstop. I told them that I wrote "Falun Dafa is good," and that I knew nothing else.

At about nine o'clock on the third night, the police transferred me to a detention center in Huanggang City, Hubei Province, but they did not notify my family. In the detention center, besides being interrogated by the police, I also endured much suffering. The cell was only 20 square meters, and 10-13 people were detained in it. We ate, slept, and defecated inside the cell. The cell door was closed tightly, so the whole room smelled foul. We received only two ounces of yellow rice for each meal, but this was not enough. The officers in the detention center ordered the criminals to monitor all Falun Gong practitioners and to keep us from practicing the exercises. If we did, we would be whipped or shackled. They abused us. They even slandered our great Teacher in front of us. Once, the director of the detention center found me reading one of Teacher's articles written on a small piece of paper. He asked me to give the article to him, but I refused. He opened the cell door and forced me to hand it over, but I hid it. He called another officer and forced me to take off all my winter clothes one by one except for my underwear. However, they still could not find the article. Then they took me to the corridor, handcuffed my hands, and shackled my feet. Moreover, they connected the handcuffs to the shackles, which made me unable to take care of my bowel movements. I had to bend my back while sleeping. This lasted for two days.

I was detained four months and four days. Because I persisted in my belief and never gave in to the evil, the Public Security Bureau sentenced me to 2 years of forced labor. On May 16, 2001, Yuan Daming, the director of the Legal System Department of the Public Security Bureau, took me to Wuchang City's Shizishan Labor Camp for forced labor. On the way there in the police vehicle, I kept clarifying the truth of Falun Gong to them. They said that I was stubborn, and that I would not be able to come out alive once I entered the camp. I became very weak due to the torture in the detention center. A doctor in the labor camp gave me a physical examination. He asked me whether I had had any diseases. I told him that I had hepatitis, stomach disease, and arthritis before I practiced Falun Gong, but that now I have completely recovered. The doctor asked me whether I had hypertension when he measured my blood pressure. I said I did not know. He measured once again. The blood pressure was still very high. I was very surprised at that moment. I am 55 years old, and have never had hypertension. Therefore, the labor camp rejected me in the afternoon because my health condition did not qualify. I realized Teacher was helping me.

The officials from the Legal System Department had to bring me back. The vicious officials did not succeed this time, but they came up with another trick. They went to my home and deceived my daughter and son by claiming that the officials in the Public Security Bureau had done a lot to free me from the labor camp. They told my children that they had to pay 10,000 Yuan (about $1250, $60 is average monthly income in China) in order to set me free, and that otherwise, I would have remained in the detention center. They were asking my children for the money. Everyone in my family has already lost their job, and they lead a very difficult life. However, because my family members did not want me to suffer any more, they complied with the Legal System Department's request for 10,000 Yuan. They had to borrow money from all possible sources. My daughter handed 8,000 Yuan to director Yuan of the department; however, they did not issue her a receipt. After my family paid the money, they realized the Public Security Bureau had lied to them. I was detained for another 22 days after my family gave them the money. After I went home, my daughter told me that she had a dream in which she saw Master bringing me home even before I was taken to the labor camp. They didn't believe it at that time, but now they know what happened.

In the past year, police have ransacked my home five times without using legal procedures. The police have behaved like robbers. They have done whatever they have wanted to Dafa practitioners. On June 3, five practitioners were arrested in our local district, and the policemen were rewarded with 10,000 Yuan. With this incentive, and under this kind of temptation, some people in the Public Security Bureau have become eager to illegally detain practitioners. On June 24, the Public Security Bureau paraded a homicide criminal through the streets before they executed him. They also humiliated five Falun Gong practitioners by handcuffing them and parading them with the criminal. When the audience asked the police why they mixed the good with the bad, the police's answer was that "the above" had ordered them to do so. Then who is "the above?" The answer is obvious without asking.

Those five practitioners who were paraded through the streets are still illegally detained. We call on all international human rights organizations to pay attention to this issue. The 5 practitioners are Hong Taorong (female), Yuan Guirong (female), Zhang Liuying (female), Wang Yansheng (female) and Chen Tie (male) (mother and son). All of the women listed above are around sixty years old. Is it legal to abuse senior citizens in China?