(Clearwisdom.net) On July 21, 2001, I went to Beijing with three Falun Dafa practitioners to express support for Falun Dafa. At around 9:30 am, we reached Tiananmen, gateway to Tiananmen Square. We saw police cars and uniformed and plain-clothes policemen in the area. They were looking around warily. A female practitioner in her 60's was pushed into a police van.

The four of us stopped a safe distance away. We were barely ready when the opportunity came. Two tourists were taking pictures. I had no time to hesitate. I took out the banner. Just when I was about to hold it up, they turned the camera in another direction. I rushed over, facing their camera and held up the banner over my head, which read, "Falun Dafa is Good." I shouted out: " Falun Dafa is good. Stop persecuting Falun Gong. Falun Dafa is the righteous Fa. Restore the reputation of Falun Dafa." I repeatedly shouted these words. I saw everyone in the crowd in front of me staring at me motionless. I then furled the banner and put it in my bag. I strode towards the crowd. Nobody stopped me. So I walked straight through the crowd. Thinking of the other three practitioners, I turned back and sat down by a lamppost.

Just then, I saw a female practitioner being shoved into a van by two policemen. I started sending out righteous thoughts to eliminate the evil. I turned around and saw the tall, good-looking female practitioner being pushed forward by a group of policemen. I heard her asking, "Why do you beat people?" At the same time, I saw a scholarly looking male practitioner being beaten so much that his glasses fell off. He was shouting loudly: "Falun Dafa is good. Stop persecuting Falun Gong." Tears came to my eyes. I continued sending out righteous thoughts. The male practitioner escaped. A policeman a foot taller than him gave chase. He had to run over half the square before catching the practitioner. The policeman held the practitioner's head under his arm and dragged him back, while the practitioner kept shouting, "Falun Dafa is good."

The two practitioners were pushed into the police van, which drove in my direction. I stood up, facing my fellow practitioners in the van and sending out righteous thoughts to encourage them. The van passed me. Tears blocked my sight. I continued sending out righteous thoughts. I walked out of Tiananmen Square with tears running down my cheeks. I left Beijing and returned to my hometown safe and sound. The experience strengthened my belief in Falun Dafa.