Latest News from China - 06/25/2001
- [Hebei Province] The Critical Situation of Dafa Practitioners Detained in Chicheng County, Hebei Province
- [Beijing] Yu Changxin, Liu Zhichun, Zhang Jian are Still Being Detained in the Air Force Detention Center
- [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Guangzhou City Law Enforcers are Detaining Dafa Practitioners
- [Jixi City, Heilongjiang Province] A Story about Sending Forth Righteous Thoughts
- [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] The Tortures in Wuhan City's Qingling Detention Center
- [Hebei Province] Chicheng County's Officials Charge a Dafa Practitioner with "Disturbing the Social Order," Although She Was Arrested from Her Home while Asleep
- [Sanhe City, Hebei Province] Dafa Practitioners in Sanhe City Were Illegally Sent to Forced Labor Camps under Various Tactics
- [Benxi City, Liaoning Province] Thugs in the Benxi Labor Camp Brutally Tortured Dafa Practitioners
- [Chongqing City, Sichuan Province] Dafa Practitioner Qiu Cuixiang Walked Out of Jail
- [Yanqing County, Beijing] The Miserable Experience of a Patient with Mental Problems
- [Yushu City, Jilin Province] Do You Still Think That You are Irrelevant to Falun Gong?
[Hebei Province] The Critical Situation of Dafa Practitioners Detained in Chicheng County, Hebei Province
Twenty-seven Dafa practitioners were detained in the Chicheng County Detention Center, for validating Falun Dafa in Beijing. Practitioners had written letters to county governors, the "610" Office [the office founded on June 10, 1999, which specializes in persecuting Falun Gong practitioners] and to the No.1 section of the Police Department to clarify the truth about Falun Gong and strongly demand the unconditional release of incarcerated practitioners. They received no reply, however, as a means of protesting this injustice, practitioners therefore went on a hunger strike. Consequently, they were brutally beaten and otherwise abused. Female practitioners asked for a dialogue and unconditional release. In response to their requests, Cui Zhenjun, the director of the detention center, ordered armed policemen to beat and kick them.
Practitioner Zhao Jin who participated in the hunger strike was force-fed with saline solution. Afterwards she vomited and suffered from diarrhea, had a severe stomachache and her body went into spasm. She went into a life-threatening coma. Commenting about her situation, director Cui Zhenjun actually said, "She herself will be responsible for her death."
Even though the detention terms have already expired, the Dafa practitioners are still being detained. Their detention has been inexcusably changed to "criminal detention," which is extremely unjust. Facing this situation, Dafa practitioners continue on the hunger strike to protest the illegal detention. Some practitioners have already been on a hunger strike for 17 days.
[Beijing] Yu Changxin, Liu Zhichun, Zhang Jian are Still Being Detained in the Air Force Detention Center
Yu Changxin, Liu Zhichun and Zhang Jian have been detained in the Air Force Detention Center, which is being used as a jail.
Upon reading this article, we hope all practitioners and people with a sense of justice send forth righteous thoughts to help eliminate the vicious forces and clarify the truth to those responsible people in charge of the detention center in order to awaken their compassion. The responsible persons are: Director Shi, Vice Director Zhang and Political Committee Chairman Chen.
Post Code: 100176
Address: Xiaohongmen, Box 7805, Beijing
[Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Guangzhou City Law Enforcers are Detaining Dafa Practitioners
1. Dong Yunhua, female, 30 years old, originally from Haerbin City, now is a resident in the Baiyuan District of Guangzhou City. In October 1999 she went to appeal in Beijing. On May 17, 2000, she was kidnapped in Shenzhen City. Under various kinds of torture put on her by her captors, she remained very determined and refused to cooperate with their unlawful acts. Two weeks ago, the police informed Dong's family that Dong had been sent to the Xiaodao Labor Camp in Guangzhou City. She was then sent to Baiyun District's No. 117 Hospital in Guangzhou City. One week after she was hospitalized, the relatives were permitted to visit her. At the time of the visit, they discovered that, due to the torture, Dong Yunhua was thoroughly disoriented and gravely injured. Now she is dying. The police, working outside the law, blocked all information of her case.
2. Ye Weixiong, male, Falun Gong contact person in Yuexiu District of Guangzhou City. On April 12, 2001, he and Xiaolong were kidnapped near Tianhe Police Hospital. Now they have been illegally sent to Huadu No.2 Unit for 2 years forced labor.
3. Wu Yongen, female, 30 years old. On May 28, 2001, she was arrested at her home in Guangzhou City. Police ransacked her home, extorted over 20,000 Yuan (about $2,000.00; $60 is the average monthly income for a city worker in China), and stole her personal computer and printer. Now she is detained in the Tainpingjia Detention Center.
4. Wu Yongjun, male, 27 or 28 years old. On February 28, 2001, he, together with Zeng Guangshun, Axiang (wife), Zeng Jie and three other practitioners were detained when they put up speakers to expose the vicious forces. Now they are detained at No.2 Department, Huanghua Street, Guangzhou City.
5. On June 7, 2001, Han Yuejuan, former Falun Gong contact person from Guangzhou City as well as Lin Gang and Yu Xinghui, assistant contact persons of Dongshan District, were arrested in their homes. Now they are detained in the Tianpingjia Detention Center.
6. On May 28, 2001, police arrested Wu Zhiping, a contact person in Guangzhou City, at the entrance to Haizhu District/ Guangzhou City Heavy Mechanic Factory. He was then detained in the Baiyun Detention Center. The police stole a laser printer from his home.
[Jixi City, Heilongjiang Province] A Story about Sending Forth Righteous Thoughts
In June, a picture exhibition against Falun Gong was held in front of Jixi City government building in Heilongjiang Province. Upon seeing this, several practitioners "sent forth the righteous thoughts to eliminate the evil." Several pictures fell down from the board immediately after they sent forth the righteous thoughts.
[Wuhan City, Hubei Province] The Tortures in Wuhan City's Qingling Detention Center
Conditions in the Qingling Detention Center in Wuhan City were especially bad. The personnel there once detained the largest number of Falun Gong practitioners anywhere in Wuhan City. Practitioners who were released and came out of there said that over 50% of the Dafa practitioners were inhumanely tortured. Dafa practitioner Peng Min was tortured to death in this detention center. Even the common criminals felt it was a brutal place. Right now, Dafa practitioners are still being detained in Qingling's brainwashing classes of this detention center.
We have heard that the government's law enforcers severely persecute against Dafa practitioners who produce Dafa truth-clarifying materials. Practitioner who made 300 pieces of truth-clarifying literature would be sentenced to 3 to 7 years in jail. They would also be detained with convicted criminals once arrested.
[Hebei Province] Chicheng County's Officials Charge a Dafa Practitioner with "Disturbing the Social Order," Although She Was Arrested from Her Home while Asleep
The following incident happened in No.1 Department of Chicheng County's Police Office.
Zhao Chunxiang is a Falun Dafa practitioner. She had been staying home and did not do any public Dafa work and did not violate any law, either. At 10pm on May 8, 2001, after Zhao Chunxiang went to sleep, policemen from No.1 department of the local police office came to her home and forcibly dragged her out of her bed. Not even being allowed to put on her clothes, she was taken to the No.1 department of local police office where she was charged with "disturbing the social order" and detained for 15 days. Now 15 days have passed and she is still not released. The police violated the law while executing the law. In this government, under the dictatorship of Jiang Zemin, things have gone out of control. Where is justice and how can the human rights be protected?
[Sanhe City, Hebei Province] Dafa Practitioners in Sanhe City Were Illegally Sent to Forced Labor Camps under Various Tactics
Zhou Xiulian, Wu Zhijin and Wang Shuli were illegally abducted to a detention center. Under instructions from Li Zongyi, the vice director of City Committee, Sanhe City police further intensified the persecution against Dafa practitioners. They detained practitioners at will for brainwashing purposes during "sensitive" days, such as "June 4th." They also broke into Duan Yuzhen's and other practitioners' homes between 1:00 A.M and 2:00 A.M. in the morning to illegally confiscate their possessions. They even secretly sent those practitioners who had been released early due to sickness, lack of signatures or insufficient evidence to forced labor camps, without showing any warrant or without informing their relatives.
Liu Xingmin; female; 26 years old; an employee of the No. 5 bureau of the Water and Electricity company. On June 8, a person by the name of Yan Jianshu came across her as she was walking on the street with her sister. Yan argued with her. Afterwards, several policemen arrived. They told her that they would send her to the Civil Administration Bureau for brainwashing, but instead they immediately sent her to the Tangshan City Labor Camp.
Yan Yuzhi, female; 63 years old, a resident of Xiaoyange Village, Xunyang Town. On May 31, she was sent to the Tangshan City Labor Camp. We don't know the circumstances.
Zhang Huilan and Chen Huibin; females; farmers in Shibaihu Village, Duanjialing Town. Police told them they wanted to talk with them and swindled 5,000 Yuan (this represents ten months of income for a farm worker in China) from their relatives. Afterwards they were secretly sent to the Tangshan City Labor Camp.
[Benxi City, Liaoning Province] Thugs in the Benxi Labor Camp Brutally Tortured Dafa Practitioners
Benxi Labor Camp authorities tortured 6 Dafa practitioners.
They use the so-called "Stretching Punishment" when the practitioners were on a hunger strike. The guards also force-fed practitioners maize (corn) gruel through tubes inserted into their stomachs. Now they are planning on holding a mandatory class to brainwash those determined Dafa practitioners.
[Chongqing City, Sichuan Province] Dafa Practitioner Qiu Cuixiang Walked Out of Jail
Qiu Cuixiang, female; over 50 years old; a Dafa practitioner from Chongqing City. She walked out of the Maojiashan Female Labor Camp as a result of sending forth righteous thoughts. At that time, this labor camp was competing for the award of "Departmental Civilized Labor Camp," but failed the competition due to Qiu's disappearance.
Since the end of last year, every unit of the camp has strengthened the surveillance of the practitioners. They employed a 24-hour "thorough surveillance" system, with an excuse of trying to prevent practitioners from committing suicide. They have aggravated the practitioners' persecution, both physically and mentally.
Right now, about 300 Dafa practitioners are incarcerated in this Chongqing Female Labor Camp. Last July, four special agents from Masanjia Labor Camp came to brainwash the practitioners. Since then the authorities started another, increased round of persecution. They forcibly sent those practitioners whose detention terms had been expired or those who had been detained for a very long time to Chengdu City for brainwashing. They detained the practitioners with the people who have broken away from Falun Dafa and turned toward the government's ideology. After one week of forced brainwashing, the first group, including Liu Xinyu, Xiang Xiaoli, Sun and Tang Weimin have been sent back to the labor camp.
It has been reported that one female practitioner committed suicide in this Female Labor Camp. We have heard that she was brainwashed. After 2 years of forced labor, she gave up practicing the precious Falun Dafa, just for a 3-month reduction of her detention term sentence. She finally despaired.
[Yanqing County, Beijing] The Miserable Experience of a Patient with Mental Problems
For 12 years, Wu Guiping, from Yanqing County, Beijing City has suffered from mental problems. This May, when she visited her grandmother in Dongliu County, thinking she was a Falun Dafa practitioner, the police caught her by mistake. She was then sent to the Chicheng County Detention Center where she suffered many kinds of humiliation and inhumane tortures. Afterward she looked horrible. She almost lost her life in that den of monsters.
Policeman Cui Zhenjun: Home Phone number: 011-86-313-6313293
Kind-hearted people: please call him to protest his actions and chastise him.
[Yushu City, Jilin Province] Do You Still Think That You are Irrelevant to Falun Gong?
Many teachers in a middle school in Yushu City, Jilin Province were laid off. They have encountered difficulties in their daily life. A few days ago, some teachers planned to go to Beijing to appeal for their living conditions. The local officials blocked them at a train station. The teachers were presumed to be "Falun Gong practitioners making trouble." The police beat them up at the train station. As a result, due to the beatings, some teachers were seriously wounded. To calm down the angry crowd, school officials raised each teacher's monthly salary by 2 Yuan (about 20 cents in US dollars). The law-breaking police officers who administered the beatings were not prosecuted. This incident has had wide repercussions. The people all felt that it was unfair.
This incident has helped people to realize something important: today they deprive Falun Gong practitioners of their rights to practice Falun Gong exercises, tomorrow they may deprive you of your rights, maybe even the right to live! Just like there is a thief on a bus, if you do not punish him for stealing a wallet, then he will unscrupulously continue stealing wallets from others on the bus. Every person who abetted him would not be spared from his thievery.
It is time to wake up! People are getting accustomed to an ignoble existence! Do not flaunt your cowardice as wisdom. Your "wisdom" and inaction may eventually harm you and other people. Don't laugh at other's courage to pursue justice, or even think they are "insane." The perseverance of Falun Gong practitioners will create a wonderful era for humankind's future where people are being taught to be compassionate.