[Minghui Net] Falun Gong practitioner Huang Hanchong, male, 39-years old, was from Qidong County, Jiangsu Province. He was arrested by the Qidong Public Security Bureau on November 1, 2000, and was sent to the Qidong Detention Center on November 2, 2000. He died on November 3, 2000 at the hands of the police from Public Security. Around 10:00 am on November 4, 2000, Qidong Public Security sent Liu Yanchi, the assistant supervisor of the Security Troop and several others to Huang's family. They lied to them, saying, "Huang Hanchong committed suicide while trying to escape during interrogation on the evening of November 3, 2000."

I. Police Fabricate Escape Story and Stage Suicide Scene

According to the story told by the Public Security, Huang Hanchong escaped on November 4, 2000 during interrogation. They said that on November 3, soon after 10:00 pm, one policeman went to get more people for interrogation, and the other one, exhausted, fell asleep. Six minutes later Huang Hanchong disappeared. They searched for him around the building of the Public Security Bureau, but only found his clothes on the stairs. They said that Huang escaped through the gate of the Public Security Bureau (although a policewoman said that he escaped by climbing over the wall). He then crossed the road and walked along the river for about 60 meters. He went down to the river from the north side, crossed the river, and climbed up the south side bank. His woolen pants and outer pants were wet after crossing the river. He took off the outer pants and left them along the bank (his outer pants were covered with a lot of mud all the way to the waist). He then went to a restroom about 10 meters away from the river and cut the main arteries of both hands with pieces of broken glass. (According to witnesses at the postmortem, there were three cuts on each of his hands, which ranged from 2.5 cm to 4 cm.) He left the restroom and climbed over the walls of Qidong City Government compound and went to the bicycle shed located on the east side of the compound. He took off the woolen pants, tore them open at the crotch, and hung them on the main beam of the bicycle shed, which was around 3 meters from the ground. Although there was no bench nearby, it was here that he supposedly hung himself. A policewoman said that he hung himself with the belt.

Why did he commit suicide after he had escaped? Why did he do all these things and hang himself after he had already cut his wrists?

When his family raised these questions, Liu Yanchi said that he was not sure about the details. He said that Public Security had carried out a comprehensive investigation. But 4 or 5 hours later, although he was with Huang's family all the time, Liu Yanchi was "fully clear" about the "escape" process, which leads us to believe that he made up the whole story.

II. What we saw during the postmortem:

During the postmortem, the witnesses saw that there were two pieces of broken glass in the victim's pockets at each side of his suit. They saw that there was a lot of mud on the outer pants, but there was no mud at all on the woolen pants or on the feet. The victim had some medical knowledge, but "he was not able to die even after three cuts on each hand." There were deep finger-width marks on his neck and deep marks from a rope on the right side of his neck. There was a clear blue mark on the victim's neck from being burned by an electric baton. There was a little bloodstain on the cuffs, and there were no bloodstains anywhere else.

III. There were many loopholes in the lies told by the police

  1. Why did the "escapee" drop his prisoner's clothes on the bottom of the stairs?
  2. If the "escapee" was being interrogated, how come the interrogator fell asleep?
  3. How could the "escapee" go through the gate of the Public Security Bureau without being seen by the guards?
  4. The "escapee" ran into two security guards and was asked for identity. He did not answer and the security guard stopped asking?
  5. The interrogator found the "escapee" after he had climbed up the bank. They then saw him entering into the restroom, climbing over the wall, tearing the woolen pants and "hanging himself." How come there was no effort to stop him?
  6. There was a lot of mud over the outer pants of the "escapee." How come there was no mud at all on the woolen pants or on his feet?
  7. Why did the "escapee" commit suicide after escaping?
  8. There were pieces of broken glass in the "escapee's" pockets. Did he put them back into his pockets after cutting his wrists?
  9. There were big cuts on both hands of the "escapee." How come there were only a few bloodstains?
  10. If the "escapee" died by hanging himself with the woolen pants, why were there clear rope marks on the front, the back, and the left sides of his neck?

IV.The behavior of the police:

  1. Around midnight of November 3, 2000, the police started illegally searching Huang Hanchong's house, using Huang's escape as the excuse. One policeman in a Public Security uniform and with the National Emblem on his cap, yelled at Huang Hanchong's family: "The death of this man is regarded as the death of a dog."
  2. On November 4, 2000, after the death of Huang Hanchong, the Public Security appointed Fan Jianhua, a village head, to find out if there are any high-ranking officials or policemen among the victim's relatives, and ordered him to report to the Public Security at any time.
  3. The public security paid 20,000 Yuan RMB (about $2,500) to Huang's family.
  4. Liu Yanchi, the assistant supervisor, told the family, "If you handle this well, you could wind up with more money. Filing a lawsuit won't bring good to any side." Isn't this threatening? Isn't this menacing?
  5. From the time of Huang's death until the body was cremated, there were always police cars and guards near his house.
  6. When Huang's body was cremated, only Huang's body was at the crematorium, but the site was filled with police cars. All the staff from Qidong Public Security was present. Some of them were in uniform and some were in plainclothes. They closely watched the 4 or 5 people of Huang's family. No other people were allowed. Only representatives of the family and relatives were allowed to attend.
  7. We heard that the three medical experts from Nantong (a city in Jiangsu province) could not answer the questions raised by Huang's family, such as why there were clear rope marks on the victim's neck. When asked why there were blue marks on the victim's head, they remained silent. The family wanted an explanation of why the victim's shoulder blade was dislocated. They said it was caused by something pressing against his body while sleeping.
  8. These "experts" from Nantong concluded that "the victim died of suicide," even with all these suspicious points.

Police of Qidong and experts from Nantong: is this how you treat the people? Where are your consciences? Aren't you afraid of the punishment by doing things against the moral principles?

Good returns for good and bad returns for bad. The retribution will come soon to those who have damaged Falun Dafa and persecuted Falun Gong practitioners. Those who continue to do bad things against their own consciences cannot be saved if they do not wake up soon.