Latest News from China - 06/07/2001
- [China] An Onlooker under the Large Banner exclaims: "Falun Gong Is Like a Pine Tree that Reaches Up to the Sky!"
- [Douyun City, Guizhou Province] Falun Dafa Practitioners Are Illegally Sentenced and Sent to Labor Camps; Douyun City attempts to Intimidate Practitioners
- [Jiamusi City, Heilongjiang Province] Dongfeng Police Station Cruelly Tortures Falun Dafa Practitioners
- [Heilongjiang Province] The Petrochemical Factory of Heilongjiang Province and Qingzhai Police Station Viciously Beat Falun Dafa Practitioners
- [Taiyuan, Shanxi Province] Shanxi Taiyuan Labor Camp Illegally Detains More Than 200 Female Falun Dafa Practitioners
- [Beijing] The Lawless Police in Shijingshan District, Beijing Kidnapped Falun Dafa Practitioners for the Reformation Class
- [Changchun, Jilin Province] Changchun City Will Selectively Examine the So-called "Reformation" Situation
- [Jilin Province] Huanxiling Labor Camp Illegally Detains Senior Falun Dafa Practitioner
- [Hebei Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Liu Tao is Cruelly Tortured by the Labor Camp and Sent to the Hospital
- [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] University Student in Hebei Province are Illegally Sentenced to Forced Labor
- [Xinchang, Zhejiang Province] Authorities Arrest Falun Dafa Practitioners
- [Chengdu, Sichuan Province] Practitioner Liu Yunxiu Arrested While Distributing Truth-Clarifying Materials
- [Mianyang, Sichuan Province] A Partial List of Detained Falun Dafa Practitioners at Xinhua Labor Camp
[China] An Onlooker under the Large Banner exclaims: "Falun Gong Is Like a Pine Tree that Reaches Up to the Sky!"
A large banner appeared in a big plaza in a city, and no one knew when it was hung there. It was noticed at 8:00 AM on June 4, 2001. The banner had the words, "Falun Dafa is the righteous law, and whoever persecutes Falun Gong is destined to receive retribution!" In the morning, several wicked policemen arrived at the plaza in a police vehicle, and yelled, "Who hung up the banner? Informers are to be rewarded!" No one at the scene paid any attention to these police officers. Some even read out the words on the banner. Police officers then started roaring, "Don't read it! Don't read it!" Onlookers smiled at the policemen with contempt and left the scene. The policemen continued to rush around, promising rewards for any leads, but no one came up to them. It is just as one of the passers-by exclaimed, "Falun Gong is like a pine tree that reaches up to the sky. The more severe the weather, the deeper and wider go its roots...."
[Douyun City, Guizhou Province] Falun Dafa Practitioners Are Illegally Sentenced and Sent to Labor Camps; Douyun City attempts to Intimidate Practitioners
On May 21, 2001, Falun Dafa practitioners Chen Dingyuan (female, who went to Beijing to appeal on January 1, 2001) and Yang Hongyan (female, who distributed Falun Dafa materials in November 2000) were sentenced to illegal prison terms of 5 years and 4 years respectively.
In April 2001, Song Yunping, Luo Canhua, Zheng Zhentang, Lin Muhua, Lin Yinghua, Gong Guoying, Jia Yunlian, Chen Jusheng, Pan Yuehua, Wang Wenxiu, and 3 other Falun Dafa practitioners were illegally sentenced to 3 years of forced labor re-education for going to Beijing to appeal and for distributing Falun Dafa materials. They have been sent to the Zhongba Labor Camp in Guiyang city. Two other practitioners Min Jie and Xiao Liqun have been illegally sentenced to 2 ?years of forced labor re-education, and are still being held in the detention center.
On June 6, 2001, leaders of the Guizhou provincial 610 Office [An office created by the government to deal specifically with issues related to Falun Gong] came to Douyun city for inspection. For the couple of days since they arrived, police, neighborhood committee staff and the heads of work units have been visiting practitioners' homes to harass them. Practitioners have been told not to practice Falun Gong exercises and not to go out. Whoever goes out must receive permission from the police.
[Jiamusi City, Heilongjiang Province] Dongfeng Police Station Cruelly Tortures Falun Dafa Practitioners
The 3rd day after the Chinese lunar New Year's Day, Dongfeng police station illegally arrested a female Falun Dafa practitioner Li Zhen (pseudonym). They tortured her in order to find out the source of Falun Dafa materials and banners.
The thugs tied her up on a bench, with one of her hands tied behind her back and the other handcuffed in front. Her arms were also tightly bound with rope. They then slapped her face. Several police officers took turns to hitting her body, her face, and her head with brooms. One police officer with acne all over his face was not satisfied with the viciousness of the other thugs. He took over and beat her viciously with the broom, until he lost control of the broom. A team leader with the last name Li brought over a mop handle, and these thugs went on beating her with the mop handle. Li Zhen passed out. Police poured cold water over her. While pouring they claimed that she only pretended to be unconscious. When she regained consciousness, they resumed beating. When she fainted again, they poured cold water again. This went on for several hours, and they still didn't dig out of her the source for the materials and banners.
Police then applied electric shocks to her with an electric baton, and kicked her in the head. When she was crying out while being shocked, police stuffed a filthy cloth into her mouth. They also threatened to feed her with pepper water. The beating went on until the electric baton was out of voltage and couldn't be recharged.
This practitioner was held in the police station for over 24 hours. She suffered through several rounds of torture for the entire afternoon. In the evening she wasn't allowed to sleep and her hands were handcuffed to the bench. Her face was bruised and turned black and purple. Her two sweaters and cotton outer coat were all soaked. Her legs were swollen, and it was hard to take off her cotton trousers and shoes.
When she was sent to the detention center, she couldn't even get into the car. For the the following month after, she couldn't bend her legs and take care of relieving the bowels on her own.
Li Guangcai is the deputy bureau chief of Jiamusi Dongfeng police station. His office number is: 86-454-8387666.
Sui Shimin, head of internal security team.
[Heilongjiang Province] The Petrochemical Factory of Heilongjiang Province and Qingzhai Police Station Viciously Beat Falun Dafa Practitioners
On April 21, 2000, the thugs from the Petrochemical Factory of Heilongjiang Province and Qingzhai Police Station sent four Falun Dafa practitioners who refused to write promise statements (the statements to quit practicing Falun Gong) in the detention center. Zhang Tieyan (female) has been detained and was carried out only after she was tortured to death on August 11, 2000, in Sa'ertu District Detention Center. Shortly after Zhang Tieyan's death, the thugs sent two other Falun Dafa practitioners to the labor camp. Another Falun Dafa practitioner is being detained for an indefinite term ever since Zhang Tieyan died. The cruel policeman Chen Xigui threatened, " I can detain you at will and what I do will be the law. Zhang Tieyan has died, so what? I just want to detain you and torture you to death." He also raised a fuss and yelled, "the law works for current politics; now I am persecuting you. When your Fa is rectified, you can persecute me." In his eyes, there is no distinction between good and evil; in his eyes, the law lost its solemnity. He also violated the law by asking his accomplices to forge practitioners' signatures on interrogation records. They forced practitioners' fingers and thumbs to fingerprint. They also used obscene language to abuse the female practitioners.
[Taiyuan, Shanxi Province] Shanxi Taiyuan Labor Camp Illegally Detains More Than 200 Female Falun Dafa Practitioners
Shanxi Taiyuan Labor Camp illegally detained more than 200 female Falun Dafa practitioners. The lawless officials in Taiyuan city held illegal reformation classes and forced more than 90 practitioners to attend and already tortured 3 practitioners to death. Because Du Lin and Wang Tianxiang practice Falun Dafa, their sons were not allowed to join the army.
Tian Yuqing, Ji Yunlin and Zhao Conggui were illegally detained for going to appeal. They were forced to pay a cash pledge of 5000 Yuan [about 7 months of average salary in a Chinese city] when they were released a month later. They were told that if they did not cause any "trouble" for one year, the money would be returned to them. But, until now, more than one year has already passed, but the cash pledge was not returned. Tian Yuqing, Ji yunlin and Wang Suping (female) were expelled from the party membership and at the same time, Ji Yunlin was dismissed from the position of section chief.
[Beijing] The Lawless Police in Shijingshan District, Beijing Kidnapped Falun Dafa Practitioners for the Reformation Class
The lawless police in the Shijingshan District, Beijing kidnapped Falun Dafa practitioners from their homes and took them to the Tiezhi Rest House and began the so-called third term reformation class to persecute them.
[Changchun, Jilin Province] Changchun City Will Selectively Examine the So-called "Reformation" Situation
On June 7, in all the local districts and neighborhoods there will be people who electively examine the so-called "reformation" situation in their corresponding jurisdictions. Falun Dafa practitioners, please be careful, cultivate according to Dafa and eliminate the evil; do not let the evil find any loopholes.
More news: There is still an illegal "reformation" class being held in Xinglongshan Farming School in Changchun city. People from all walks of life please pay attention to these human rights violations.
[Jilin Province] Huanxiling Labor Camp Illegally Detains Senior Falun Dafa Practitioner
A retired worker in a city in Jilin Province was illegally detained for appealing in October 2000, and was illegally sentenced to 2 years of forced labor. He remained persistent in practicing Falun Dafa and was not reformed. In December, he was released on bail for medical treatment and the labor camp asked his family members to pay a bail of 2000 Yuan RMB (about 3 months of average salary in a Chinese city). In late April 2001, 3 people from Huanxiling Labor Camp went to his home to see if he had recovered. If he recovered, he would have to go back to the labor camp. This practitioner refused to write a statement denouncing Falun Gong. These people fiercely threatened him, "We will give you seven days to think about it."
On May 30, another 3 people from the labor camp went to his home and tried to force him to write the "break-off" statement denouncing Falun Dafa but the old man refused. They asked his relatives to write for him (because his family members also practice Falun Gong), and they also refused. Finally, two of the three people from the labor camp forcefully dragged the old man who is almost 70 years old to the car.
[Hebei Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Liu Tao is Cruelly Tortured by the Labor Camp and Sent to the Hospital
There is a Falun Dafa practitioner named Liu Tao, female, about 27 years old in the ward of the department of orthopedics in Hebei Provincial People's Hospital. She was transferred from the Shijiazhuang Labor Camp. Her family members may not know about it yet.
[Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] University Student in Hebei Province are Illegally Sentenced to Forced Labor
Li Man, a student of Hebei normal university was previously thought to have disappeared; he actually was illegally sentenced to forced labor and is now detained in the first team of Shijiazhuang Labor Camp.
[Xinchang, Zhejiang Province] Authorities Arrest Falun Dafa Practitioners
On June 4, authorities in Xinchang City, Zhejiang Province arrested seven Falun Dafa practitioners. They are Yang Zhikai, Chen Xingqin, Yu Yamin, Liang Hemei, Liang Weijun, Wu Fengfei, and another practitioner whose name is unknown.
[Chengdu, Sichuan Province] Practitioner Liu Yunxiu Arrested While Distributing Truth-Clarifying Materials
On June 4, practitioner Liu Yunxiu from Factory 420, Chengdu, was spotted by a policeman while distributing truth-clarifying materials. She was arrested the next day and was illegally held at Ningxia Street No. 1 Detention Center.
[Mianyang, Sichuan Province] A Partial List of Detained Falun Dafa Practitioners at Xinhua Labor Camp
Authorities at Xinhua Labor Camp are now forcing all detained practitioners to attend so-called "military training" and to study materials defaming Falun Dafa while in intensified and isolated conditions. To those newly detained practitioners, the authorities apply a so-called "soft conquering and hard grinding" method to "reform" them. The "soft conquering" refers to using "reformed" traitors to persuade steadfast practitioners to give up their belief in Dafa. The "hard grinding" method involves forcing the practitioners to work beyond their capabilities, destroying them physically and mentally in order to "reform" practitioners.
Below is a partial name list of detained practitioners:
1. Yong Yonggong, 69, (sentenced to two years of forced labor)
2. Zhu Yu, 62, from Qingbaijiang Chengdu City
3. Huang Xueyun, 61, an engineer with a degree in nuclear physics from Guanghan City, Sichuan Province (sentenced to 2 ?years of forced labor)
4. Wu Shihai, a high school geography teacher
5. Xu Qihui, philosophy teacher, Communist Party College, Zhongjiang County
6. Li Ming, a university teacher in Chengdu City;
7. Huang Jie, from the Sales Department of Chengdu Seamless Steel Pipe Plant (graduated from Physics Department of Wuhai University)
8. Chen Songbai, owner and general manager of a private electric and electronics appliances store, (sentenced to 2 ?years of forced labor)
9. Ma Guobing (28 years old), owner of a privately owned advertisement company
10. Yao Liangjin, employee of Mianyang Changhong Electronics Company
11. Li Shisong, cadre of National Land Administration Bureau
12. Hu Ran, 28, company commander level officer of a branch of the armed police
13. Tang Zhongqing, doctor of Chinese traditional medicine, Sichuan Province
14. Wang Shiling, Chengdu City, Sichuan Province, holds a Bachelor's degree
15. Wang Shichuan from Chemistry Institute No.8, Chengdu City
16. Jiang Yuyun, Jiangyou City, Sichuan Province
17. Chen Xingjun, Mianzhu City, Sichuan Province
- Wei Lang, Leshan City, Sichuan Province, (sentenced to 3 years of forced labor)
- Xiang Quanguo, Leshan City, Sichuan Province
- Wang Zhengqin, Leshan City, Sichuan Province
- Wang Fang, Leshan City, Sichuan Province;
- Ai Zelin, Panzhihua City, Sichuan Province, (sentenced to 2 years of forced labor)
- Xu Bin, Panzhihua City, Sichuan Province, (sentenced to 2 years of forced labor)
- Liu Sishui
- Yan Xiaoping
- Xiao Zujun
- Yang Yunfu
- Li Zhonglin
- Wang Tao
- Tang Huaiji
Including the practitioners who were illegally detained and transferred to Xinhua Labor Camp, the total number of detained practitioners has reached from 70 to 80. There were about 20 practitioners who had served their terms and been released.