Latest News from China - 06/06/2001
1. [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] The Daughter of Late Dafa Practitioner, Tao Hongsheng, Forced to Wander about Destitute and Beg in the Streets.
2. [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Righteous Voices Sound from the No.5 Unit of Shijiazhuang City's Labor Camp.
3. [China] Head of Police Station Says: "You Can Go and You Don't Need to Come Back Again."
4. [Hebei Province] A Scoundrel Committing an Evil Deed is Met with Retribution
5. [China] The Experience of a 55-year-old Female Practitioner
6. [Nongan County, Jilin Province] Dafa Practitioners Illegally Detained
7. [Shijiazhuang, Hebei Province] Officials Abusing their Public Office Hold a Forced Brainwashing Class
8. [Hengyang City, Hunan Province] Twenty-nine Dafa Practitioners Illegally Detained in the Heng Yang Drug-Rehabilitation Center
9. [Jilin Province] The Criminal Record of Wang Lei, a Guard in No.1 Team of the Women's Labor Camp in Jilin Province
10. [Jiaohe County, Jilin Province] Listing of the Criminals Who Persecuted Dafa in Songjiang Village, Jiaohe County of Jilin Province
11. [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Mobsters Yan Bin and Li Guangrong Receive Retribution After Slandering Dafa
12.[Guigang City, Guangxi Province] News from Guigang City
13.[Nanning City, Guangxi Province] News from Nanning City
[Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] The Daughter of Late Dafa Practitioner, Tao Hongsheng, Forced to Wander about Destitute and Beg in the Streets.
Tao Hongsheng has passed away. His wife is still in detention. Their oldest daughter, about 17 or 18 years old, wanders about as a homeless person, has become destitute, and is forced to beg in the streets. She also has to support her younger sister so she can go to school.
[Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Righteous Voices Sound from the No.5 Unit of Shijiazhuang City's Labor Camp
On January 15, 2001, more than 100 Dafa practitioners in the dining room started chanting "Falun Dafa is Good," and, with one voice, shouted together in tears, "Restore the reputation of Falun Dafa! Restore the reputation of our Teacher!" Their righteous voices resounded in the sky above the labor camp. The guards immediately ordered many male criminals to beat those practitioners and drag them to their cells. The practitioners tried to escape with all their might, while shouting: "Suffocate the evil! Eliminate the evil!"
The guards did not give up. They handcuffed and, for seven days, hung up 40-year-old Dafa practitioner Liu Haiqin in a toilet with the room temperature at minus 15 to 16 C (several degrees below freezing). Liu Haiqin was almost tortured to death.
There was another practitioner, a 50-year-old female named Liu Shuxiang from a village who is illiterate. After she practiced Falun Gong, a lot of amazing things happened on her. But she was tortured many times. It was common for her to be handcuffed and not be permitted to sleep. This time, the guards forcibly brought her to their office. We did not know what kind of instruments of torture they used. Liu Shuxiang, who had never before complained under the brutal persecution, screamed the whole time from the horrible torture. Afterwards, she could no longer raise her arms. These guards even threatened her and told her to keep silent about the abuse.
Though they tried all means, the evil guards could not change genuine cultivators' hearts. They had no way to control the practitioners but spread lies. They claimed that 60% of practitioners had been "reformed" [i.e. been brainwashed to turn away from Falun Dafa and to believe in Jiang Zemin's ideology]. However, only very few people have actually been "reformed." Under this tremendous tribulation, it is estimated that more than 90% of the Dafa practitioners are still validating Dafa by any means possible. Most of those being brain-washed have become clear-headed again and have written their solemn statements to declare the so-called "4 statements"[statements such as "guarantee" and "repentance" to renounce their faith in Falun Dafa] to be invalid. Some practitioners declared this change while in the labor camp. [Note: Every piece of published, refuted declaration appearing on Minghui Net made by practitioners from labor camps is true. They all were brought out under great difficulty].
[China] Head of Police Station Says: "You Can Go and You Don't Need to Come Back Again."
One afternoon, the head of a public security bureau was talking with a Falun Gong practitioner who was a director of a workshop in a factory. At one point, the director looked at his watch and told the head of the security bureau, "It is now 4:45pm. I hope you can give me a half hour break. I would like to make arrangements for tomorrow's work and check whether the doors and windows are closed and that the water and electricity are shut off. I will definitely be back before 5:20pm and we can continue our talk." Those few words deeply moved the police head. He said to the director, "Okay, you can go. You don't need to come back again."
[Hebei Province] A Scoundrel Committing an Evil Deed is Met with Retribution
At about 6:30am on June 2, 2001, the voice from the World Falun Dafa Radio Station resounded from a loudspeaker mounted on a tree in Bishagang Park, Zhengzhou City in Hebei Province. People were gathering and listening. However, a man, perhaps severely blinded by the government's fake propaganda, ran to phone the police. It took much effort for the police to take the speaker down. Then the police asked who did it. No one replied. The three policemen pushed down a guy squatting near the tree and beat him. Then they brought the man to the police office in the park and beat him again. It was no use for him to protest his innocence. Afterwards, someone from the crowd attested that it was this guy who had reported the loudspeaker to the police. Then the incident was over.
That is the due retribution for those who cannot discern good from evil and attempt to destroy Dafa.
[China] The Experience of a 55-year-old Female Practitioner
On December 11, 2000, I went to Beijing to validate Dafa. I was caught and taken to the Tiananmen Police Substation and put into a small iron cage in the basement. The policemen beat, cursed and searched me and took all my money. Then they forcibly detained me in the Jinxing Police Station, Daxing County, Beijing. More than a dozen policemen took turns threatening and persuading me to tell my name and address. I did not cooperate with them. During the night, they divided the personnel into three groups of three people to take turns to watch me, and they didn't allow me to sleep. They forced me to take off all of my clothes and stand outside in the freezing weather. Once I closed my eyes, they struck the iron door with electric batons to set off a deafening noise. They did not allow me to go to the bathroom, either. I told them I could not hold myself back. At that, they cursed me and put me into the male jail and one of them said maliciously, "I am watching you when you pass your water, see if you can pass it or not." One policeman named Wu claimed shamelessly that he once practiced Falun Gong and said a lot of filthy words to insult me. Later, I was detained in the Daxing Detention Center, and then was escorted back to my hometown and unlawfully detained for another 35 days. I was eventually released.
[Nongan County, Jilin Province] Dafa Practitioners Illegally Detained
Wang Liqin, female, from the Nongan Oil Refinery, went to Beijing to appeal on April 30, 2001 and was sent back on May 10, 2001. Since then, she has been detained in a detention center. People from the Public Security Bureau fined her 3,000 Yuan and she will be illegally sent to a labor camp.
Lu Guirong, female, was arrested at home, and is now illegally detained in the Nongan County Detention Center.
Zhao Xiufen, female, was arrested while she was putting up Dafa materials. Now she is illegally detained in the Nongan County Detention Center.
[Shijiazhuang, Hebei Province] Officials Abusing their Public Office Hold a Forced Brainwashing Class
Officials who are abusing their public office held an unlawful brainwashing class. The police unlawfully abducted Dafa practitioners by tricking them or forcibly taking them away to the brainwashing class. We have heard that they had quotas for certain numbers of practitioners to be brainwashed. They threatened that if they cannot have enough practitioners "reform" in one month, they will extend the class to two months or three months until practitioners are "reformed." [To turn away from Falun Dafa and toward Jiang Zemin's ideology]. We hope all practitioners in China will study the Fa [law and principles] harder, determine to keep righteous thoughts, and resist and eliminate the evil!
[Hengyang City, Hunan Province] Twenty-nine Dafa Practitioners are Illegally Detained in the Heng Yang Drug-Rehabilitation Center
Because of practicing Falun Gong, 29 Dafa practitioners were lured into the Hengyang Drug-Rehabilitation Center and have been detained there until now. The longest detention time is more than 120 days. The oldest practitioner detained there is over 70 years old, and the youngest is a 16-year-old student.
The following is the list of names of Dafa practitioners held in the Baishazhou Drug-rehabilitation Center and Detention Center, Hengyang City, Hunan Province (2001)
- Feng Qiying (female), 66 years old, from Beiwu No.1 Road, was arrested on January 19, 2001
- Liang Shixiu (f), 62 years old, from Beirenmin Road, was forcibly taken away from her bed at night.
- Zi Xiang (f), 72 years old, from Dongmiaopu, was arrested because of appealing in Beijing. She was sent to the Drug-Rehabilitation Center on January 18.
- Zhou Zhixiu (f), 38 years old, from Nanyanfeng, has been arrested twice. First time: from December 30, 2000 to February 14, 2001 (went to Beijing); second Time: from February 14, 2001to April 4, 2001 (at home).
- Zhu Xiuying (f), 55 years old, from Nanjingbao, was forcibly taken away from home on January 31, 2001. She was expelled from the Party and her salary has been stopped.
- Chen Fenliang (f), 48 years old, a laid-off worker, was tricked and taken away from home on the night of January 18.
- Liu Jianhong (f), 43 years old, from Nanhuangcha Mountain, jobless, was tricked and taken away from home on the afternoon of January 18.
- Le Jinlan (f), 46 years old, from Dongdongyangdu, jobless, was arrested because of appealing for Falun Dafa in Beijing.
- Yang Lanzhen (f), 46 years old, from Nanhuangcha Mountain, a laid-off worker, was tricked and taken away from bed on the night of January 18.
- Shen Hui (f), 48 years old, from Nanhuangcha Mountain, was arrested on January 18. The police broke into her home and took her and her husband away.
- Zhang Xinghua (f), 63 years old, from Nanhuangcha Mountain, was tricked and arrested from home on January 18.
- Yang Jiangping (f), 44 years old, from Dongmiaopu, was arrested on March 9 on the charge of contacting other practitioners.
- Gao Fangchu (f), 54 years old, from Dongbajiaotang, was taken away from home on January 18. The police searched her home and stole more than 30,000 Yuan of savings (about US$3,600), clothes and books.
- Yin Yaohui (f), 42 years old, from Nanjingbao, was tricked and taken away from home on January 18 during the night.
- Zhou Mei (f), 63 years old, from Beixiaoxiang, was tricked and taken away from home on the night of April 15. á
- Liu Jinlian (f), 55 years old, from Dongehan, was tricked and taken away on March 2, and also was expelled from the Party.
- Yang Zhilan (f), 53 years old, from Beiqingshan Street, was arrested from her work unit on January 22, and was expelled from the Party.
- Deng Manxiang (f), 53 years old, from Dongmiaopu, was forcibly taken from her home on April 27. The police confiscated 1,100-Yuan cash (about US$130) and all her Dafa books.
- Li Guilin (f), 35 years old, from Dongbajiaotang, was tricked and taken away from home on the night of January 18.
- Zhou Yan (f), 55 years old, from Beizhengxiang, was abducted by the police while shopping on February 22.
- Jiang Zhen (f), 16 years old, a student from Nanbaishazhou, was arrested on March 2.
- Li Meiying (f), 34 years old, from Nan police station, was taken away from home on the night of March 7.
- Zhao Xin, 40 years old (no other details are known)
- Li Xiaohong, 36 years old (no other details are known)
- Wu Ruifang, male, 65 years old, was transferred from No.2 Detention Center to the City Drug-rehabilitation Center.
- Zhang Guang, male, 69 years old, from Nanhuangcha Mountains area, was forcibly caught when he visited his son in the detention center on January 18.
- Chang Qizhang, male, 48 years old, from Nanhuangcha Mountains area. The police broke into his home with a jack hammer and took him away on January 18.
- Ou Dilong, male, 47 years old, from Nanhuangcha Mountains area, was taken away on January 18.
- Chen Xiangrui, male, 24 years old, from Nanhuangcha Mountains area, was caught on January 18.
[Jilin Province] The Criminal Record of Wang Lei, a Guard in the No.1 Team of the Women's Labor Camp in Jilin Province
Wang Lei, a guard in the No.1 Team of the Women's Labor Camp in Jilin Province has tortured practitioners. He forced those practitioners who refused to break away from Dafa to stand for long periods at a time facing the wall. He shocked them with an electric baton, and did not allow them to sleep at night. He instigated the so-called "reform-aid" persons to take turns to torture practitioners. He shocked practitioner Li Zhiling so severely that her neck was covered with scars. The torture had the further effect on her that she was unable to control her bladder and became incontinent whenever she needed to relieve herself. Another practitioner Zhang Xiuyun, cried wretchedly while being shocked, and on top of the abuse she was forced to write a "break up" letter. [A letter declaring that the practitioner will break away from Falun Dafa].
[Jiaohe County, Jilin Province] Listing of the Criminals Who Persecute Dafa in Songjiang Village, Jiaohe County of Jilin Province
The persons in charge of the Party Committee of Songjiang Village have persecuted Dafa practitioners mercilessly. The persecution details will be released later. Below are the phone numbers of the criminals:
Party Committee of Songjiang Village: 011-86-432-7991306
Police Station of Songjiang Village: 011-86-432-7991319
Wei Yalan, the assistant head of Songjiang Town of Songjiang Village: 011-86-432-7991338
[Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Mobsters Yan Bin and Li Guangrong Receive Retribution After Slandering Dafa
Yan Bin, male, 36 years old, used to be very strong. He was the assistant director of Tangba Street Police Station in Chengdu City. On February 7, 2001, Yan slandered Dafa in a meeting in the area under his jurisdiction, and received retribution immediately afterwards. He has been in a hospital for four months and is still unable to get out of the hospital. He is diagnosed as being in the late stages of nose-and-throat cancer.
Li Guangrong, male, over 30 years old, is a policeman from Qingyangzhengjie Police Station. Last July, he went to Beijing to take practitioners back. He beat an over 60-year-old female Dafa practitioner and shouted ferociously at her, "Will you go to Beijing again?" This Dafa practitioner replied assertively, "I will stop appealing only if the Fa is rectified." Li the policeman said, "I will have already died by the time your Fa is rectified." Finally he sent several Dafa practitioners to a detention center. The Dafa practitioners were released 15 days later and they asked, "Why didn't Li come?" The other policemen said, "Three days after he sent you away, out of the blue, he got a fever. No one was able to diagnose the disease after he was sent to hospital. He died the same night."
[Guigang City, Guangxi Province] News from Guigang City
LIST of names of practitioners being illegally sent to a labor camp for appealing in Beijing:
Wu Yuyan, went to Beijing to appeal on January 1, 2001; was sentenced to 1.5 years in a forced labor camp;
Lan Qumei, went to Beijing to appeal on January 1, 2001; was sentenced to 1.5 years in a forced labor camp;
Zeng Hui, went to Beijing to appeal on January 1, 2001; was sentenced to 1.5 years in a forced labor camp;
Sixteen Dafa practitioners including Bi Hongning, Chen Guiyu, Li Chaosen, Song Weiyuan and Li Zhiming, etc were illegally sent to No.1 Labor Camp in Nanning City, Guangxi Province; their homes were illegally ransacked.
Person in charge of the local "610" office: Li Yazhou, office phone#: 011-86-775-4214777;
Director of Tantang Town Police Station of Guigang City: Huang Yuandong, phone#: 011-86-775-4722844. He is a thief and an abuser who persecutes Dafa practitioners with very vicious means. He beats practitioners and robs practitioners of their personal belongings from their homes.
[Nanning City, Guangxi Province] News from Nanning City
Dafa practitioners Duan Deling, Duan Deping, and the daughter of Duan Deling, 14-year-old Peng Fei, were illegally detained for distributing Dafa truth-clarifying materials. It is said that there are over a hundred Dafa practitioners being illegally held at this No.1 Labor Camp in Nanning City.