[Minghui Net]

1) Female Practitioner Xiao Yanhong Is Illegally Detained For Practicing Falun Dafa

Xiao Yanhong (female, 37) a Health care nurse at the Hospital for Women and Children, was placed into a labor camp for one year due to practicing Falun Dafa. She was not released after serving the term and was sent to the so-called "transformation class" in Qilihe. Xiao Yanhong wrote about the persecution she received while serving her sentence at the Pingantai Labor Camp. She also made a statement of practicing Dafa on Minghui Net with her real name and address; because of this the Qilihe Police Station took her again to the Xiguoyuan Detention Center at the beginning of March. Determined practitioners Du Weien (male, 72) and Mao Yaping (female), employees of Lanzhou Electrical Appliance Company were sent to Xiguoyuan Detention Center along with Xiao Yanhong. The names of the evil policemen are Ding Shengchao and Gan Jun, who are also in charge of Hanjiahe "transformation classes." Their office telephone number is 86-931-2990184.

2) Female Practitioner from Sichuan Province, Endures Inhume Torture from Policemen

On March 22, 2001, a Falun Dafa practitioner (female, 28) who's name is unknown, while traveling on her way to a temporary lodging place, Office One of Lanzhou Police Department and Qilihe Police Station arrested her and sent her to Xiguoyuan Detention Center on March 23. On March 30, the policemen took her to Qilihe Police Station to undergo physical torture. They tortured her twice, each time lasting for one hour. The methods were extremely vicious. The policemen back-cuffed her against the heating pipes and made her squat down. The handcuffs cut into her flesh and her wrists were swollen with blisters. Her feet festered due to wearing the chains for a long time. They didn't allow her to sleep and abused her by the use of swearing, deceit, and obscene deeds. Their efforts were to no avail because the practitioner did not yield. On March 31, the police asked her to admit the crimes imposed on her and she refused. When guarding the Fa with her life, she effectively suffocated the evil. The police sent her back to Xiguoyuan in a hurry, because by this point she was very weak. The names of these evil policemen are Wei Dong, Ma X shan (The middle name is unknown), Yang Xingchun, and Fu Jinpu. The practitioner is now detained at No.10 in Team 14 of Xiguoyuan Detention Center.

3) Female Practitioner is Detained, Tortured and Forced to Quit School for Practicing Falun Dafa

A Falun Dafa practitioner (female, 19), a student of Chinese Language Department in the Zhangye Normal School in Gansu Province, was forced to quit school for practicing Falun Dafa. The Qilihe Police Station arrested her on April 1, 2001, when she was on the way to her home. They handcuffed and chained her. In the evening, they back-cuffed her and hung her up on the heating pipe. The cuff was so tight that it cut into her flesh. Her hands and feet were thus numb and swollen. They didn't allow her to sleep and beat her severely over her entire body. She was forced to work in the Xiguoyuan Detention Center. Other inmates were required to watch her. The chief officer (Mr. Tian, his police number is 011124) swore at the practitioners with filthy language.

4) Female Practitioner Is Arrested and Beaten for Appealing for Dafa

A Falun Dafa practitioner (female, 43) was arrested by police while appealing for Dafa at Tiananmen Square in Beijing on December 29, 2000, and was taken to Tiandi Police Station. The policemen viciously hit her head with a baton and made a wound of over 5 inches. In order to cover their crime, the policemen forced her to wear a big cap. They then sent her to the detention center in Daxing County. They asked her to pay 180 Yuan RMB for a blanket. (The average income of a city worker is 500 Yuan-translator notes.) When they escorted her to the Beijing office of Gansu Province, the police again asked from her 140 Yuan as the transportation fee. She was also required to pay 220 Yuan for a transportation fee for the policemen in her hometown to come to Beijing and pick her up. Back in Lanzhou, she was fleeced another 180 Yuan in the Anning Police Station as the detention fee. She has been detained for 4 months in No.10 of Team 14 in Xiguoyuan Detention Center. We call for the attention of all the kind-hearted people to the situation of all Falun Dafa practitioners.

5) Retired Female Practitioner Is Interrogated and Detained While Delivering Necessities to Other Detained Practitioners

A Falun Dafa practitioner (female, 62) and retired employee of a Feather Factory in Lanzhou City was arrested by Policemen in Qilihe while delivering necessities to practitioners detained in Hanjiahe "transformation class" on April 12, 2001. She was placed into the Xiguoyuan Detention Center. Policemen interrogated her through deceit and tricks for information regarding other practitioners but failed. She is now detained at No. 10 in Team 14.

6) Female Practitioner Is Arrested and Tortured after Appealing for Dafa in Tiananmen Square

A Falun Dafa practitioner was arrested while appealing for Dafa at Tiananmen Square on January 1, 2001, and was sent to a police station in Shunyi County. While detained, she refused to give her name and address, and because of this, the next day she was forced to take off her coat and stand outside barefooted, with her hands back-cuffed and hung from the basketball board for more than 6 hours. On January 3, she was back-cuffed again and beaten with electric batons on her body and face. After she was sent back to her hometown, the local police said she would be detained for only 15 days as long as she gave her name. In fact she was sent to Xiguoyuan Detention Center and is still detained to this date.

7) Female Practitioner is Ruthlessly Detained Without Interrogation or Other Legal Procedures

A Falun Dafa practitioner (female, 68) was conned by the Hualinshan Police Station in Lanzhou City on January 11, 2001. The police asked her to come to the station for a talk. They actually sent her to Xiguoyuan Detention Center where she is currently detained. More than 120 days have passed and the police have detained her without interrogation or other legal procedures. Her health has been severely damaged in this ruthless persecution, and her family life is in ruins.

8) Female Practitioner Wang Caixia Along with Her Daughter Appealed for Dafa and Is Currently Detained

Falun Dafa practitioner, Wang Caixia (female, 32), took her two-year-old daughter with her to appeal for Falun Dafa in Beijing in December of 2000. She was beaten and threatened by the police at the Tiananmen Police Station. On April 18, 2001, she was arrested in Lanzhou for no reason and detained at Xiguoyuan Detention Center. The policemen confiscated her cell phone and used it as their own, leaving a large amount of unpaid telephone bills.

9) Female Practitioner is Arrested and Detained for Appealing for Dafa in Beijing

A female Falun Dafa practitioner who was an official of the Agriculture Academy was arrested while appealing for Dafa in Beijing in January of 2001. She was sent back to Lanzhou. She has been detained in Xiguoyuan Detention Center for more than three months. Those detained with her are Yuan Ping (now released), Wang Wenfang, Zhang Qingxian, and Wang Ping.

10) Practitioner (61 years old), a retired employee of the Lantong Factory, was deceived by the Xiguoyuan Detention Center in the middle of January 2001 and is still detained.

11) Practitioner (59 years old), a retired employee of the Lantong Factory was deceived by the Xiguoyuan Detention Center in the middle of January 2001 and is still detained.

12) Practitioner, a retired employee of the Lantong Factory was deceived by the Xiguoyuan Detention Center in the middle of January 2001 and is still detained.

13) Practitioner (65 years old), a Senior Teacher, is detained in Xiguoyuan Detention Center for practicing Falun Gong

14) Practitioner (65 years old), Was Arrested for No Reason

A practitioner was arrested on April 18 and detained for 24 hours in Jinrong Hotel, and was then sent to Xiguoyuan Detention Center. The evil policemen who did this were Wei Dong from Office One in the Police Department of Lanzhou City, and Mr. Yang.

15) Practitioner Liu Lanxiang, Guarded the Dignity of Dafa With Her Life at Xiguoyuan Detention Center

On the morning of January 19, Yang from Qilihe Police Station took practitioner Liu Lanxiang by deceit to the police station and detained her there for two days and two nights without food, water or sleep. On the morning of January 20 at 10:30 am, she was sent to the Xiguoyuan Detention Center. She went on a hunger strike for 19 days and was force-fed more than ten times. While being force-fed the policemen gripped her face and nose so forcefully that bruises are still evident to this day. She was also force-fed through the nose seven to eight times, which resulted in ceaseless bleeding. The chief officer Tian (police number 011124) twice gave directions to the cell head, Dang Meiqin, to beat her severely. They also forced her to give her fingerprints during interrogation. When she refused, the police officer in charge of fingerprinting smashed her fingers and ordered several scoundrels to split her nails. The nail of her thumb was broken. It is a general treatment in Xiguoyuan to be slapped in the face and beaten by the policemen. Practitioner Liu Lanxiang guarded the dignity of Dafa with her life, and because of this, the situation of practitioners there has improved.

16) Practitioner Is Illegally Detained Numerous Times for Appealing

A Falun Dafa practitioner (54 years old) and Senior Research Scientist at Northwest Normal University was arrested for appealing in Beijing on January 11, 2001, and has been detained in Xiguoyuan Detention Center in Lanzhou City up until now. Previously, she was detained, once by her work unit (for more than 10 days), and twice by Anning Police Station (for 12 days the first time and two and half days the second time). On July 22, 1999, she was detained at Taoshuping Primary School for one day when she appealed for the release of illegally arrested Dafa practitioners. Her house has been searched and belongings confiscated three times. Four hundred Yuan of her salary has been deducted every month since March of 2000.

17) A Practitioner Is Detained and Beaten Severely for Appealing for Dafa on New Year's Day

A Falun Dafa practitioner (65 years old) from Baliyao Village in Huazhaizi Area of Qilihe District, Lanzhou City, was beaten by the police while appealing for Dafa on New Year's Day of 2001 in Tiananmen Square. They sent him to a detention center in the suburbs. Six policemen took off his coat and beat him with electric batons in turn for an hour. They then made him stand in the cold for an hour. He was tortured for 12 hours from three o'clock in the afternoon to three o'clock the next morning with incessant beating and cursing. They detained him at the police station for two days. On January 12, he was sent back to Lanzhou and has been kept in the Xiguoyuan Detention Center until now.

18) Female Practitioner and Her 11 Year-Old Daughter Suffer Inhumane Torture and Are Currently Detained for Appealing for Falun Dafa

A Dafa practitioner took her 11-year-old child to appeal in Beijing on January 1, 2001. They were arrested at Tiananmen Square and dragged to a police van. The child's arms were twisted behind her back, her mouth was covered, and her nose bled under this violence action. They were both taken to the Tiandi Police Station and later to a detention center in the suburbs. The next day they were taken to Niushan Police Station in Shunyi County. In order to make her reveal her address, the policeman pulled the child's hair. After being detained there for 8 days, they were taken back to Lanzhou by the local police department. Detained in the police station in the Development District of Anning Police Station for 6 days, they were forced to pay 180 Yuan as an administration fee and were then transferred to Xiguoyuan Detention Center. They have been kept there for more than 5 months now.

19) Female Practitioner Shao Loses Her Job for Appealing for Dafa and Is Currently Detained in Xiguoyuan Detention Center

Falun Dafa practitioner Shao (female, 43) was an employee of the Gardening Institute in Anning District. She was detained for 15 days because of appealing for Dafa in October of 2000 and received a notice from her work unit saying she was fired, together with practitioner Cui Yongxiang. On January 14, 2001, she returned from her brother's wedding in Shanghai to Lanzhou with her daughter. The next day, she received a notice from her work unit, saying that the Political and Legal Committee gave an order for her to return to the work unit immediately. She was then placed under house arrest on January 17, and was forced to attend the so-called "transformation class." Her boss Liu Youxiang said, "She is not allowed to go home. Let her family bring meals to her." There were altogether 4 practitioners detained. Their families had difficulties bringing them meals. They asked to eat at home and were refused. So they started a hunger strike as a protest. On January 21, Cheng Min, the head of the police station and other policemen dragged Shao out to the hospital in Anning District. She was wearing only a shirt and was exposed to the cold. The next day, policeman Fu Xiangzu in the Police Station of Development District said, "XXX is the organizer of the hunger strike." He deceived her by telling her to get in the police van, to go to the police station for a talk, but she was sent directly to Xiguoyuan Detention Center. Three other practitioners were detained together.

On March 24, Sunday, the practitioner was doing the cleaning with other inmates. She talked to the other two practitioners. The chief officer Yang Ailing of Team 14 witnessed it and came over to scold them. She slapped her on the face and ordered her to "hang up" (a physical punishment- translator note). The practitioner said, "Others can talk freely, why can't we? I don't know how to hang up." Yang Ailing ordered several people to hang her up. The guard beat her waist when she struggled. She had no other way to protest other than to start a hunger strike. They ordered her to get up with the roll call in the evening, but she was too weak to get up. So the police punished all the inmates in the cell by asking them to stand up for long hours. This forced her to get up with all the strength she had left. The next morning, Chief Officer Sun Xiaoling summoned 5 practitioners and scolded them under the excuse that they had refused to answer the roll call or to join in the morning exercise. The practitioner asked, "Don't we have a right to talk?" and immediately received two slaps to her face. On March 26, Tian, the officer in charge, asked the practitioner to talk in the office. Her leg on the wounded side of her waist was trembling, so she asked to sit down. Tian refused, only allowing her to sit down after she had been standing for an hour and had asked repeatedly. Tian (police number 011124) said her waist could not hurt and told the head of inmates in the cell: to beat these lunatics as heavily as you can. The practitioner has been kept in Xiguoyuan Detention Center until now. There are more than 30 people in a cell less than 15 square meters.