[Minghui Net]

1. The victim:

Lu Yutao, female, 37 years old, was an attending doctor of Dermatology at the People's Hospital of Linzi District in Zibo City, Shandong Province. She was laid off on February 21, 2000. Her husband, Zili Lu, is an inspector at the Quality Inspection Center of the Qilu Petrochemistry Engineering Company. Her daughter, Lu Lu, 7 years old, is now a pupil at the 9th Primary School in Linzi District.

Lu Yutao has been healthy, with no history of mental illness in herself or her relatives.

2.The victim's story:

On February 18, 2000, I went to Tiananmen Square to validate Falun Dafa and was detained on February 19 by the police. I was then sent back to my hometown. First, they forced me to attend the "Transformation" Class in my work unit. After not being "transformed" in a week, I was then immediately detained at the Police Substation in Linzi District for 15 days. During my detention, the policeman (Qu Guangming, head of the Department of Politics and Security) did not succeed in persuading me to denounce Falun Gong. Then the police tried to persuade my mother-in law, Wang Shuzhen and my father, Lu Fengrui to send me to the mental hospital. Wang Shuzhen said that this idea was from Sun Zhenrong, Superintendent of the Xuegong Police Substation in Linzi district.

On March 18, when my term of detention expired, the police and my relatives sent me to the Mental Hospital in Qiling Town of Linzi district in a police car. With a diagnosis of " practicing Qigong leads to a mental blockage" (I saw this on a diagnosis form), I was forcefully confined in the hospital. They forced me to take a drug called "Changya Ding" (Note: This is Chinese Pin Yin for a kind of psychiatric drug used in Chinese mental hospitals. The English name is unknown at the time of this writing -- translator). I completely lost my freedom. Because I refused to take medicine, the attending doctor and nurse, Xiao Qi, said that I had to cooperate and take my medicine, or they were in danger of losing their jobs. The attending doctor, the head nurse, and the superintendent of the hospital were all persuading me to stop practicing Falun Gong. They asked if I would go to appeal again. I answered by asking her, " Is going to appeal the basis on which you diagnosed me as insane?" The attending doctor said whether I could be released or not from the hospital was not up to her because I had been sent in by the government. At last, I explained over and over again that it was the evil forces that were using the mental hospital to persecute me. I was not mentally ill at all. Then my father went to ask my mother-in-law to persuade the hospital to release me. The Xuegong Police Substation then released me at the request of my relatives, after requiring my father to guarantee that I would not go to appeal.

After being released from the hospital, I was monitored by my parents. If I went to appeal again in Beijing, they would confiscate my parent's house and sentence me once I was arrested. I have no proof of diagnosis from the hospital. After I was released from the hospital, no nurses, only those policemen (from the Xuegong Police Substation, Police Station of Lushan County) and a person from the Health Bureau (officer Xiao Zhou etc.) kept monitoring me in my parents' house to prevent me from going to Beijing. During this period, my father was called several times to see Wang, the Secretary of the District Political and Legal Committee. They forced my father to send me to the mental hospital again, saying that I would not practice Falun Gong if I were injected with a few shots of medicine.

Lu Yutao, a Dafa Practitioner from North Xuegong Residence Area of Linzi District in Zibo City, Shandong ProvinceApril 3, 2001