I used to have infantile paralysis and was dependent on a wheel chair and crutches. Because of my poor legs, my life was full of hardships that normal people could not imagine. In August of 1995, I was fortunate to obtain the precious Falun Dafa and my new life started at that time. Through studying the principles of Falun Dafa and practicing the exercises, miraculously, I threw away the crutches and the wheelchair that I had used for twenty-one years. I could even ride a bicycle and take part in the Falun Dafa promotional activities at our local site.

My husband has poor eyesight. He is blind in one eye, and with the other eye, can see only things within one meter. I have to take care of almost all the housework. After practicing Falun Dafa, I became a good mother and wife at home. Following the guidance of Master Li, I never asked for the social welfare for disabled people to subsidize my family. I also have a harmonious relationship with my neighbors, my friends, and my relatives. I deeply feel the greatness of the Buddha Law.

In July of 1999, I witnessed the farce that confounded right from wrong. On July 22nd, I went to Harbin, the capital of Heilongjiang Province. The local government greeted us with fully armed police and guards, wearing steel helmets and bulletproof vests, holding electric batons and shields in their hands. Some of them even had mounted machine guns, as if facing formidable enemies. We are only practitioners, a group of kind, unarmed people. We did not know whether to laugh or cry while watching the government make such a big scene. But it allowed us to realize the false nature of the government.

In November of 2000, I traveled to Beijing to appeal. I could not believe that in the capital of a big country, with a civilized history of over 5,000 years, one could see murderous looks everywhere. Uniformed and plain-clothes police were the most prevalent scene. They arrested every Falun Gong practitioner they met or saw. I tried to clarify the truth about Falun Gong to the people and to tell them not to believe the TV news, which was deliberately deceiving people.

Just then, a police car drove up to me and several people got out. They held me to the ground and then dragged me over to the car. Then they dragged another female practitioner over my body to the car door. They brutally beat me, since I had tried to stop them from beating other practitioners. My face turned black and appeared as if deformed. My lips were swollen and lost color. Fists fell on me like raindrops. A male practitioner tried to stop them so he was beaten up too. The police baton broke, but the police were still not satisfied. They held him down and trampled on his neck until the car arrived at the destination. The car windows were covered with curtains during the whole trip, as if they were afraid to be seen in public. It was said that all these police were just local ruffians and thugs the government had hired. I could not believe that now the government and the outlaws had actually become one family.

Dear friends and all kind compatriots, I have personally witnessed all these incidents, but there are numerous other tragedies that I haven't seen.

Provided by Practitioners in Mainland China

March 25, 2001