[Minghui Net]

On Feb 27, I went to Tiananmen Square to petition peacefully. Together with a few other fellow practitioners, I unfurled a banner that read "Constantly Spinning, Falun Offers Salvation to All Lives". We also called out loudly, "Falun Dafa is righteous." At this time, two plain-clothes policemen rushed over and took away the banner. They beat me viciously and dragged me into a van, where I continued to call out "Falun Dafa is righteous". The plain-clothes police grabbed me by my hair and pressed me hard to the ground. With my head pressed to the ground, I still kept calling out "Falun Dafa is righteous." When they saw that I didn't stop, they stopped. When we arrived at the Security Office of the Tiananmen District, they pulled me into a room and gave me another round of vicious beating. When these perpetrators beat me, I looked them right in their eyes. Strangely enough, they couldn't continue with the beating. At that time, I had wounds all over my body, yet my heart was even more determined. I knew that the benevolent Teacher had shouldered a great deal on my account already.

At around 7 or 8 o'clock, they transferred me to the Security Office of the Fengtai District, where I was interrogated from 10:30 pm to 1:40 am. I survived with great difficulty under the vicious beating of their wooden sticks and soles of their boots. My right arm was heavily bruised, as well as my back and thighs. (Refer to photos). After being sent back to the cell, I started a hunger strike to protest their criminal acts. As the beatings continued relentlessly, my commitment to Falun Dafa was further strengthened because the truth is with us.

On March 1, the security guard gave me an intravenous injection by force. Afterwards, five of them pried open my mouth with toothbrushes. The toothbrushes cut open the inside of my mouth, and blood gushed out. On March 2, before those perpetrators tried to force-feed me again, they tested my heartbeat, which was at 150 per minute, and they could not find a blood pressure. Immediately they took me to the Fengtai Armed Police Hospital. There, my heart rate was found to be between 160 190 per minute, and they still could not find a blood pressure. Two people forced water down my throat, and then, a police car took me to Daxing Bus Station. Two people were assigned to take me to the bus heading to Xiaoning. At that time, the only 300 yuan RMB [An average urban work earns 500 yuan a month] that I had on me was robbed by them. After I got off the bus, I walked a full day and night on foot and returned to Beijing again.

The promise I made in the past is being realized. Teacher said: "The actions they are now adopting in the persecution of Dafa and its practitioners are extremely wicked and shameful, and they fear these will be exposed. Their evilness must be made known to people around the world--this is also offering people salvation." ("Rationality") I will merge every part of my life into Fa rectification, keep up with the progress of Teacher's Fa Rectification and become a "diamond-solid" disciple of our Teacher.

Li Tong (Alias)

A Practitioner in China

March 9, 2001