(Clearwisdom.net) Han Shuqing, a 56-year-old female resident on Shengli Street of A'cheng City, Heilongjiang Province, endured extortion on May 23, 2000 and October 29, 2001. Police Department Legal System Section Chief Gong forced her to pay 1000 Yuan RMB (Note: the average wage in China is about 500 Yuan RMB per month.) She was also forced to pay 2,000 Yuan by Liu Ji from the Political Security Section. After July 22, 1999, Secretary Liu XX and Wang Yi, from the Party Committee of Shengli District, and Secretary Liu Fuyang and Liu Changzhi, from the industrial office, talked to her many times, slandering and attacking Dafa and Teacher. Since she was firmly practicing Falun Dafa, they went to her home many times and ordered her to remove from the wall the posters of "Solid Cultivation" (from Hongyin by Li Hongzhi), "When it's difficult to endure, you can endure it. When it's impossible to do, you can do it." and several pieces of carved wood inscribed with "Truthfulness-Benevolence-Forbearance" and "Falun Revolving Constantly." After she unwillingly removed the posters, there were still shadow marks of the letters on the wall. Liu Fuyang went to her home again to order her to erase the marks. She refused, stating that she had the right to refuse since she owned the house. Afterwards, a local policeman, Xi Baiyu, went to her house and forcibly scraped the wall to remove the remaining shadow of the letters.

At 10:00 a.m. on November 8, she was doing laundry at home. Xi and another policeman came and asked her to go to Shengli Police Station, where they interrogated her. Because she adhered to practicing, the vicious policemen became flustered and exasperated. They went back to her home and forcibly took away eight pieces of carved wood, handwritten Zhuan Falun and copies of Teacher's articles. Back in the police station, several more police surrounded her and cursed Dafa and Teacher with dirty words. At around 6:00 p.m., they detained her illegally in A'cheng City Second Detention Center with fabricated charges. Seven days later, her husband was also illegally detained for fifteen days. Her husband refused to sign the arrest warrant and was not released when the fifteen-day term ended. Their children were afraid and spent 7,000 Yuan to bribe the officials. On the seventeenth day, the officials from the police station threatened that if she still practiced, she would be sent to the First Detention Center and then to a forced labor camp.

On March 6, 2000, she went to the "610 Office" [An agency specifically created to persecuteáFalun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems] to ask for the release of those practitioners on a hunger strike in the detention center. The head of the "610 Office," Zhang Zhongfan, ordered the police station to detain her in the detention center for 79 days, far beyond the legal term. At about 3:00 p.m. on January 22, 2001, policeman Xi Baiyu asked her to go to the police station but she refused. The vicious people came to knock on her door many times and made harassing phone calls. Because the harassment was so intense, she was forced to leave home. The evil police continued to follow her, and threatened her family in order to capture her until February 22, when she was arrested at her relative's home. She was then forcibly sent to brainwashing classes. Because she maintained her firm belief, she was sent back to the detention center, where she was beaten by the directors Zhou Xiaozhang, Han XX and Zhang Wei and cursed by Li Xiaoguang. She was released after 99 days and ordered to return anytime she was called.

On August 6, 2001, senior guard Zhao helped the police to deceive her and coaxed her into opening the door. Once inside, the wicked police confiscated pictures of Teacher. Four police forcibly pushed her down (a woman who was almost 60-years-old) to the floor and handcuffed her hands behind her back. She was taken to the detention center without having an opportunity to change into street clothes and shoes, leaving her in her pajamas. She was detained for 84 days and was slapped in the face numerous times. This time, the police not only arrested her but also seized her home. Senior Zhao's whole family, Director Wei, on the third floor, and Zhang XX, from the Fifth Unit, also often came to her home to watch her. Because of the continued harassment, she was forced to leave home.

Sun Lijie, a 63-year-old female, lives on Minzhu Street of A'cheng City. On December 22, 2000, she went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong, but she was detained in a big complex around Tiananmen Square. The police then took pictures of her, assigned her a number as an alias, and registered her address. She was forced into the trunk of a car and sent to Mentougou Police Station, and later, to Mentougou Detention Center, again in the trunk of a car. After two days in the detention center, she told them her address and then was sent to the Harbin Liaison Office in Beijing. On December 26, 2000, she was sent back to A'cheng City Second Detention Center. During the period of her illegal detention, she went on a hunger strike for two days to protest her illegal detention and to plea for her freedom. As a result of her hunger strike, she was force-fed. After the forced feeding, she could hardly eat anything. She frequently vomited and experienced numbness in her hands and feet. Ten days later, she could no longer eat anything. Her daughter, who was detained in the next cell, told the guard about her mother's condition. The vicious police noticed that the mother was indeed not going to survive because of her physical condition, so they sent her to the A'cheng City Hospital. The examination showed internal bleeding in her stomach and severe dehydration. She was released only after her family member signed the "Pledges" to denounce Falun Dafa. After she returned home she was not able to take care of herself and has not yet fully recovered.

Guo Shulan, a 49-year-old female, lives on Heping Street of A'cheng City. At 11:00 p.m. on September 27, 2001, three police, including Zhao Yazhou and Yang XX, from Heping Street Xicheng Police Station, abducted her and forced her to go to the police station. They demanded that she curse the Teacher, but she refused. They then handcuffed her so brutally that the handcuffs cut deeply into her hands and the marks remain visible even today. The police then asked her if she still practiced Falun Gong. She replied that she just practiced at home. Thus, they arrested her, fingerprinted her, and sent her to A'cheng City Second Detention Center, where she remained until her release on October 24, 2001. During the period of detention, the police utilized lies to extort money from her family. They told her family that she was going to be sent to the forced labor camp. Her family was so frightened for her that they spent over 1,000 Yuan to bribe the officials and to treat them to free dinners. The vicious people who took advantage of the family included Lu Chunyan and Zhao Jingzhou.

Du Xiuli, a 37-year-old female, lives in Yongtaiguang of Acheng City. She was subjected to extortion by the vicious police Ni Weiqing from Heping Police Station, once for 3,000 Yuan (that amount of money was recovered later) and once for 2,000 Yuan. Later, she went to the "610 Office" to clarify the truth about Falun Dafa and was illegally detained for 19 days. Zhao Jingzhou, from Xicheng Police Station, went to her home many times to harass her and threaten her family. Later, she was detained in the police station because she appealed for the release of innocent Falun Dafa practitioners. She was handcuffed to a steel chair for approximately ten hours. Because she held firmly to her belief in Falun Gong and refused to provide her fingerprints when asked, they forcibly sent her to the detention center and told her that she had no right to appeal. During the period of detention, she asked for an unconditional release, and went on a hunger strike for nine days. On the fifth day, they started to insert tubes into her nose in order to force-feed her. After fifteen days of illegal detention, she was finally released.

Wang Guifen, a 34-year-old female, was sent to A'cheng City Second Detention Center, because she had written letters of appeal to validate Falun Dafa in January 2000. Policeman Ma, from Shengli Police Station, was responsible for her illegal detention. During the illegal detention period, the guards beat her many times. She went on a hunger strike for four and a half days. She was released after sixty-four days of detention. Later, Policeman Ma deceived her and forced her to go to the detention center again. She was transferred to the First Detention Center fifteen days later. The guards beat her with a "Little White Dragon," the equipment of the most severe torture in the detention center, and handcuffed her for a day and a night. Later on, she went on a hunger strike. They started to force-feed her with corn flour conjee and hard liquor. She experienced severe bleeding from her nose, due to the forceful insertion of tubes for the force-feeding. She was released seventy-five days later. Because she went to Beijing to appeal, she was taken back by police from Shengli Police Station and then sent to the detention center. She was released after one hundred days of illegal detention.

Guan Shuxun, male, 61-years-old, is a resident of Shengli Street, A'cheng City, Heilongjiang Province. On November 8, 1999, his wife came home, escorted by three police. They then illegally searched his home, afterwards, they once again detained his wife. When they asked him if he practiced Falun Dafa, he said, "yes!" They then illegally detained him as well, however he did not sign his name on the detention slip. His employer and the police together decided to put him in a detention center; he was illegally jailed for 15 days.

Zhu Yulian, female, 61-years-old, lives in Yuquan Town, A'cheng City, Heilongjiang Province. On January 22, 2001, she was forced to go to the police station to "talk." Because she said that she will continue to practice Falun Dafa, she was illegally sent to the Second Detention Center of A'cheng City for over 2 months, then she was transferred to a brainwashing class, totaling 71 days. During this period of time, her disabled son and her 6-year-old grandson were left at home completely alone. She was forced to pay 60 Yuan RMB (average monthly pay of an urban worker is 500 Yuan RMB.)

Li Changxiang, female, 59-years-old, a resident of Yuquan Cable Manufacturing Plant, A'cheng City, Heilongjiang Province. On July 24, 2000, she went to Beijing to protest the persecution. She was arrested in Beijing, and sent to Xingnong Police Station first, then sent to the Harbin City Government Liaison Office in Beijing. On July 27, 2000, her employer and local police station sent her to the Second Detention Center of A'cheng City. After she went on hunger strike for 8 days, they released her. Employee Chen Yubin of the Cable Factory, forced her to pay 1,800 Yuan RMB, with the excuse of "covering the expenses of picking her up from Beijing." On January 22, 2001, the police deceived her and told her to have a meeting with them in the police station. However, upon her arrival, they put her in the jail. On March 31, they sent her to a brainwashing class. Because of the complications of old age and high blood pressure, she was released and sent home. But on May 18, 2001, when she visited a 65-year-old fellow practitioner, she was reported by someone to the police, and was illegally sent in the detention center again. She was released again on June 15.

Wu Yanchun, male, 35-years-old, is a resident of Yuquan Town, A'cheng City, Heilongjiang Province. On December 2, 2000, he went to Beijing to protest the persecution of Falun Dafa, but was blocked by the police on the way, and illegally sent to the Second Detention Center, where he was cursed and humiliated by the supervisors. He was released on December 20, forced to pay 400 Yuan RMB to the local 610 Office (an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the political party and all other political and judiciary systems). He only stayed two days at home; police from the local station forced him to "talk," and sent him to a detention center again, because he said that he would still practice. He was released on January 8, 2001. He was forced by the police to "talk" again on January 22, 2001 and illegally send to the Second Detention Center the third time, just because his answer was that he would "practice!" He was inhumanly tortured this time, and was released on April 9. On May 18, 2001, he was listening to the truth-clarifying audio recordings in one fellow practitioner's home. Police again arrested him illegally, and sent him to the Second Detention Center, and then transferred him to a brainwashing class. He was released on June 19.

Fan Shuping, female, 38-years-old, is a resident of Yuquan Town, A'cheng City, Heilongjiang Province. On the morning of January 22, 2001, at about 8 a.m., Yuquan Police Station deceived her into "attending a meeting," they then arrested her and sent her to the Second Detention Center at 8 p.m that evening. They did not allow her to eat for a whole day. Police Station Director Wang, and Li Bo forced her to pay 1,500 Yuan RMB, and the Detention Center Director Guo forced her to pay 170 Yuan RMB for meals.

Li Yawen, female, 57-years-old, resident of Yuquan Town, A'cheng City, Heilongjiang Province. On October 19, 2000, she went to Beijing to appeal. She was beaten in the Qianmen Police Station, her chest and back turned purple-blue, the flesh on her face was separated from the bone, and blood trickled out of her ears. She was beaten brutally twice. The local police escorted her back to A'cheng City on October 26, and extorted 1,800 Yuan RMB from her. They then sent her to the Second Detention Center of A'cheng City where she was illegally detained 25 days. Her family bailed her out with 2,000 Yuan RMB, and 200 Yuan as her meal cost. The main person responsible for torturing her is Xi Jinglong, Chen Yubin, and Director Guo of the Second Detention Center.

On January 22, 2001, she was deceived by the Yuquan Police Station to "attend a meeting." The whole day she was not allowed to eat or use the restroom. She was sent to the Second Detention Center that evening. By this time all of her teeth had been knocked out from beatings. Her gums were all swollen because of eating the hard prison food, and she could only drink the preserved vegetable soup. She was on hunger strike for five days to request to be released without criminal record. The police ordered other male prisoners to force-feed her.

On May 18, 2001, she was listening to audiotapes revealing the truth of the persecution in a fellow practitioner's home. Some one revealed her whereabouts to the police, and she was then arrested and sent to the Second Detention Center again. She was extorted 240 Yuan RMB for her meals by the police, the main person responsible is Director Guo. After 28 days of detainment, she was sent to a brainwashing class, where she practiced the Falun Dafa exercises, seeing this many police pulled her to the ground. Later, because she had high blood pressure, she was released and sent home. Due to the evil persecution, her family members were all terrified, and her husband wanted to divorce her several times. She was forced to pay 60 Yuan for her meals. The main person responsible for the heinous crimes in brainwashing class was Wang Fengchun.

Zhang Fengzhi, female, 52-years-old, an employee of A'cheng City Cable Manufacturing Plant, Heilongjiang Province. On July 22, she went to Beijing to protest the persecution of Dafa. She was arrested at the Appeal Office, and sent to Harbin Government Liaison Office in Beijing. After two days, the local police escorted her back to her hometown, and locked her in the Second Detention Center, where she was illegal detained for 92 days. The supervisors frequently cursed her, because she would not admit that she committed a crime of "disturbing public order," nor would she sign her name on any written guarantee to stop practicing. She was forced to wash laundry by hand, included the under-garments of the vice director Wang Sheng together with four other practitioners. They washed many bedding covers and coats with icy cold water, their face, hands, and feet were all cracked from this forced labor. They were often humiliated and badly treated. The five of them had to supply the commodity for the entire detention center. Finally, they went on hunger strike to protest the illegal detention, they were all released after three days.

Zhang Fengzhi was fooled by the police into attending a meeting on January 22, 2001. She was illegally sent to the Second Detention Center that evening, and then detained for 70 days, and sent to a brainwashing class afterwards. She wrote a "promise to stop practicing" then she was released home. She realized that she made a mistake, and she solemnly declared what she wrote in the brainwashing class was null and void, and that she wanted to cultivate Falun Dafa firmly. The police arrested her again, illegally detained her for 20 days, and then released her without any record of criminal offence. She was extorted five times, a total of 3,408 Yuan RMB. The primary people responsible for these wicked crimes are Chen Yubin from the Cable Plant Security Section, Shen Mingming from Yuquan Police Station, Director Guo and Vice Director Zhou of the Second Detention Center, and Wang Fengchun from the brainwashing class.