Latest News from China - 12/18/2001
- [Shanghai, China] Jiang Zemin's Regime Investigates All Foreigners Who Work in Shanghai
- [Shenyang, Liaoning Province] Many Shenyang Practitioners Being Released after a Long Hunger Strike
- [China] "The Media Lied to Me," A Senior Engineer Said
- [China] CCTV's Lie Has Too Many Flaws
- [Dazhou City, Sichuan Province] A High School Teacher is Persecuted for Telling the Truth
- [Zhengding County, Hebei Province] Eight Practitioners Detained beyond the End of Their Terms
- [Shiyan City, Hubei Province] The Brutal Crimes of Police from Renmin Road Police Station in Shiyan City, Hubei Province
- [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] The Situation at the Second Detention Center in Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province
- [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] The Persecution of Falun Dafa Practitioners in Detention Center No. 2 in Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province
- [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Vicious Police from Xinghua Street Police Station in Shijiazhuang City Killed Dafa Practitioner Zuo Zhigang, Continue to Commit Crimes
- [Longkou City, Shandong Province] The Crimes of the "6-10" Office Responsible for the Government Sponsored Persecution of Falun Gong
- [Hebei Province] Dafa Banners Signify the Coming of the Spring
- [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Beijing University Graduate Liu Baoqun Is Sentenced to Three Years of Forced Labor
- [Jiamusi City, Heilongjiang Province] Police Mistreat Dafa Practitioners
- [Shenzhen City, Guangdong Province] Falun Dafa Practitioners Illegally Arrested in Shenzhen
[Shanghai, China] Jiang Zemin's Regime Investigates All Foreigners Who Work in Shanghai
The brave action of the 36 westerners who peacefully protested the illegal persecution against Falun Gong has frightened Jiang Zemin and his cohorts. Because Shanghai has comparatively more foreigners working there, the city government is very worried. The leaders are afraid of being implicated and of being removed from their positions if any of these foreigners protest for Falun Gong. Recently, the government began a secret investigation of all foreign workers in Shanghai city. They requested that each company or employer pay a financial guarantee or make a promise for the foreign workers they hired, that they would not participate in any event that Jiang Zemin would not want to see. Since the government does not dare to treat foreign companies like other Chinese companies, this process is being conducted in secret.
[Shenyang, Liaoning Province] Many Shenyang Practitioners Being Released after a Long Hunger Strike
Female Shenyang practitioner, Wu Yanping, about 40 years old, was arrested before the end of September 2000, while distributing flyers clarifying the truth about Falun Gong. In the detention center, she refused to put on the numbered prison clothing and went on hunger strike to protest the illegal detention. She became very thin, her lips became dry, and she sometimes vomited blood. Later, she was sent to Shenyang Dabei Prison Hospital to be force fed with cornmeal mush with a lot of salt. Many other practitioners who were also on a hunger strike were also force-fed. Even so, Wu Yanping continued the hunger strike. In October, she was unconditionally released.
During the same period, practitioner Zhang Yaping (female), Liu Xiangdang (female, over 30 years old who has been detained for nearly one year and has been on a hunger strike for 15 days) and many other practitioners were unconditionally released from Dabei Prison Hospital. The hospital claimed that they would not accept any Falun Gong practitioners in the future because too many practitioners went on hunger strikes.
[China] "The Media Lied to Me," A Senior Engineer Said
After watching the "Self-immolation or Deception" truth VCD, a senior engineer admitted he had been deceived by the lying media.
He reported, "During the Spring Festival, I watched the Tiananmen Self-immolation event on TV and read about it in the newspaper. I totally believed what I saw because I was a party member, a senior engineer, and a mid-level cadre; I should conform to the party viewpoint.
So I tried to persuade the Falun Gong practitioners near me not to practice anymore. But they told me the self-immolation was not done by Falun Gong practitioners. They pointed out that Falun Dafa is against any killing, including committing suicide. They also said, "Over 47 countries have Falun Gong practitioners. Why is there a self-immolation incident in China and not in any other country? Why was there never such an event before the July 20 government crackdown?" I felt their words seemed reasonable, but I still had doubts.
A few days ago, I watched a VCD about the truth of the Tiananmen Self-immolation Incident. I totally understood that it was staged and directed by the Chinese government. I was angry and, for the first time, felt cheated and fooled. I knew I had misunderstood Falun Gong. I looked at the Falun Gong practitioners around me again, and I realized that they are all good people. They are unselfish, respected, and loved by the people. On the other hand, the Jiang Zemin and Luo Gan regime have a secret goal: to muster all force in order to persecute Falun Gong practitioners using all available means, including the planting of false evidence. They are ugly people who have lost face in the eyes of the world.
Being Chinese with a righteous mind, I felt ashamed and regretful for what the partnership of Jiang Zemina and Luo Gan have done. The Falun Gong practitioners said, "Jiang's group has no more tricks, just like the Donkey." (China has an ancient story about a stupid donkey and a tiger known to almost everyone: a donkey was sent to a remote region where the tiger had never seen a donkey before. The donkey was able to intimidate the tiger in the beginning by disguising and playing tricks. When the donkey exhausted its tricks, the tiger figured out the truth, killed and ate it.) I believe this comment fits Jiang Zemin and Luo Gan perfectly.
[China] CCTV's Lie Has Too Many Flaws
Today, my colleagues were discussing news about a so-called "Falun Gong Follower" who supposedly killed his whole family. They asked me if it was true. I told them it was impossible, and cited many similar previous attempts to frame Falun Gong.
They said they were also doubtful about it because they saw that the murderer sat calmly in front of the camera and spoke fluently. He was not wearing handcuffs or shackles, which was very odd for such a serious murder case. What raised the most doubt was that he was even allowed to sit with one leg crossed over the other [A criminal suspect would not have been allowed to take such a casual pose during interrogation.] How could the policemen treat him so kindly?
[Dazhou city, Sichuan Province] A High School Teacher is Persecuted for Telling the Truth
He Xia, female, 37 years old, is a geography teacher at the Railway High School in Dazhou City. After the October national day holidays, many students asked her about Falun Gong, so she clarified the truth to students in six classes. The school director, Qiu Yiqiang, then demanded that He Xia write a "Letter of Repentance." He Xia refused. Qiu then reported her to the Police Railway department and the local police substation. The police illegally ransacked He Xia's house and planned to send her to a forced labor camp. Since she is the only geography teacher at the high school, and no other teacher can replace her, the school is now actively looking for a replacement teacher so they can suppress her.
Telephone of the school: (86) (818) 264-8819
[Zhengding County, Hebei Province] Eight Practitioners Detained beyond the End of Their Terms
Eight practitioners from Zhengding County have been detained since July because they were making materials that clarified the truth about Falun Dafa. They are Zheng Lanrui and Song Jianmin, a couple, Zheng Lanxia (Zheng Lanrui's younger sister), Bai Jingyi, Wei Zhanjun, Li Xiangjin, An Xiaoli, and Junior Liu (family name unknown).
After the couple, Zheng Lanrui and Song Jianmin, was detained, their two children (the 17-year-old is in a school in another city, the 14-year-old is in the county middle school) had to live with two very old grandparents in the countryside. Zheng Lanxia also has two school age children. Since her husband died from a disease two years ago, her children had to live with the old grandparents too.
Here we call on people all over the world, if you have justice in your heart, please help these illegally detained practitioners and help their families to survive this hard time.
[Shiyan City, Hubei Province] The Brutal Crimes of Police from Renmin Road Police Station in Shiyan City, Hubei Province
In early December, 25-year-old female practitioner Ji Lanfang was brutally beaten by the vicious police from the police station simply because she refused to accept being brainwashed. Almost all her hair was pulled out, and she was severely injured. As she was taken to the hospital for emergency treatment, she shouted continuously, "Falun Dafa is good!" Many people heard her. In order to keep her from shouting, the police forcibly stuffed a mop into her mouth, and several of her teeth were knocked out as a result. Also in Shiyan City, Dafa practitioner He Fei was forced to leave home and move from place to place to avoid illegal arrest and torture.
Hu Zhuangfei, the head of the police station, Gao Donghui, the vice head of the police station and the policeman Wang are extremely vicious.
The telephone number of Renmin Road Police Station in Shiyan City, Hubei Province: 86-719-8897823
[Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] The Situation at the Second Detention Center in Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province
1. At the detention center in Harbin City, the guards began to force-feed Dafa practitioners who had gone on hunger strikes. The detention center established contact with the units handing the case. Not long after, they sent the Dafa practitioners on hunger strikes to the Wanjia Forced Labor Camp for further persecution.
2. The guards illegally held Dafa practitioners for a long time instead of forcibly brainwashing them. Some practitioners who have been illegally detained for over half a year, still have not been released.
3. The illegally detained Dafa practitioners had no freedom at all. They were physically punished and forced to sit still for a long period of time. The practitioners were forced to sit cross-legged and straight, with their hands on the knees and heads facing forward. They had to stay in the same position for a long time (from 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.). They were not allowed to move at all. In addition, some practitioners were cursed by the guards simply because they laughed during a conversation. The guards became sterner and viciously punished all the prisoners. They even didn't allow them to sleep. The practitioners were not allowed to use the toilet. Whenever the practitioners broke the slightest rule, the guards cursed them, punished them, beat them up, put shackles on them and forced them to sit in the iron chair.
4. The trade of the small store inside the detention center was brisk. All of the people detained had to buy things there. The cost was always more than 2 or 3 times the market price. It's needless to say the detainees were always given the short shrift. In addition, they were also charged one extra Yuan for the invoice fee.
We hereby tell all the people of the world that good is rewarded with good, and evil with evil.
[Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] The Persecution of Falun Dafa Practitioners in Detention Center No. 2 in Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province
1. Dafa practitioner Zhao Xiru, a 47-year-old female was illegally arrested on January 13, 2001, while distributing Dafa truth-clarifying literature. She was sent to Detention Center No. 2 in Harbin City. She was very weak after going on a hunger strike, yet she still was tortured by the guards. Later, she was sent to Team 12 of the Wanjia Forced Labor Camp to be further persecuted
2. Several months ago, Dafa practitioner Yang Liping, a 35-year-old female was walking down the street. When the local police saw her, they forcibly arrested her.
3. In August 2001, Dafa practitioner Suo Lanying a 50-year-old female went to Beijing to appeal, and was illegally arrested. She was sent to Detention Center No. 2 in Harbin City. Her blood pressure went up to 230 mmHg, yet she was still illegally detained.
4. There are about 40 practitioners including Li Peiju, Li Shufen, Yang Shufen, Chen Yuhua and Cui Xiuqin, who are still being illegally detained in Detention Center No. 2 in Harbin City.
We hope that all the righteous people both at home and abroad will call on the Chinese government to stop Jiang Zemin's criminal regime from their extreme persecution of Falun Gong practitioners.
The Appeals Office of the People's Congress Standing Committee of Heilongjiang Province:
Phone Number: 86-451-3645318
Address: 26 Hongjun Street, Nangang District, Harbin City, 150001
The Appeals Office of the People's Congress Standing Committee of Harbin City:
Phone Number: 86-451-4655975
Address: 307 Youyi Road, Daoli District, Harbin City, 150010
The Appeals Office of the Heilongjiang Provincial People's Government:
Phone Number: 86-451-2621007
Address: 202 Zhongshan Road, Nangang District, Harbin City, 150001
The Appeals Office of the Civil Administration Department of Heilongjiang Province:
Phone Number: 86-451-2627498
Address: 204 Zhongshan Road, Nangang District, Harbin City, 150001
[Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Vicious Police from Xinghua Street Police Station in Shijiazhuang City Killed Dafa Practitioner Zuo Zhigang, Continue to Commit Crimes
Recently, Xinghua Street Police Station in Shijiazhuang City, which was repeatedly exposed on Minghui Net, added another chapter to its record of crimes.
Dafa Practitioner Li Huiqi, a 34-year-old female, was formerly an employee of the Jinyu Oil Paint Factory. Her employment contract was unilaterally canceled because she was a Falun Dafa cultivator. On the morning of December 2, 2001, she was arrested by police from Xinghua Street Police Station in Shijiazhuang City. She had been distributing truth-clarifying literature around the Oil Paint Factory in Zhongshan West Road of Shijiazhuang City. On December 4, she was illegally sent to Detention Center No. 1 in Shijiazhuang City. The policeman Gao Youzhen from Xinghua Street Police Station threatened that they would sentence her to 3 years of forced labor education.
The telephone numbers of the criminals who persecuted Dafa practitioner Li Huiqi:
1. Xinghua Street Police Station:
Address: 79 Youyi South Street, 050051
Office Phone: 86-311-3056156 or 86-311-7035234 or 86-311-7022294
Wang Jianhua, head of the police station
Office Phone: 86-311-7018081-3525
Home Phone: 86-311-3016048
Ma Yong'an, vice head of the police station
Li, The director Liu Yuanping, the criminal police Wei Ming, Ran, Gao Youzhen, Guo Xiangdong, Bai Yuanji, Zhang Rongchen, Zhang and others.
2. Xinghua Street Administration Office:
Address: 33 Xinghua Street, 050051
Office Phone: 86-311-7011245 or 86-311-7022915 or 86-311-7012944
Han Shengli, Secretary:
Office Phone: 86-311-7873864
Home Phone: 86-311-3028683
Cellular Phone: 86-13503290220
Sui Shuchun, a practitioner in Dongjiang Town, Longkou City, Shandong Province has been detained by the 6-10 Office responsible for the government sponsored persecution against Falun Gong, for eight months, since April 2001 [The 6-10 office is a bureau specifically created by the Chinese government to persecute Falun Gong. It has absolute power over each level of administration in the Party, as well as over the political and judiciary branches]. As of this time she is still in detention.
Yi Xiangyang, a practitioner from Xiaoliujia Village, Xinjia Town, Longkou City, Shandong Province, has been to Beijing three times to safeguard Dafa. She was sent to Wangcun Forced Labor Camp. He was coerced into cooperating with the evil forces but afterwards he became clear-minded, and went again to Beijing to appeal. Now he is homeless and his whereabouts are unknown.
[Hebei Province] Dafa Banners Signify the Coming of the Spring
Recently in a city in Hebei Province, Dafa practitioners successfully hung lots of Dafa banners on trees along both sides of the street. Large banners were also hung on some buildings, with messages such as "Falun Dafa is good", "Truth, Compassion, Tolerance" and "Falun Dafa is the Righteous Fa". In bright contrast to the swirling white snow flakes, these banners with their yellow background and beautiful red words were like branches of plum blossoms spreading in the snow, indicating the coming of the spring. The pedestrians passing by raised their heads, nodding in approval and smiling. At an important intersection, a shining gold banner with "Falun Dafa is the Righteous Fa" fluttered above the head of a traffic policeman; under the banner, the policeman directed the moving cars and pedestrians smoothly. All these kind-hearted people saw the banners and understood their message but kept silent; but there were also some bold persons at the site who praised the banners, saying, "Falun Dafa is good!" Many banners also showed up on the way to the Forced Labor Camps, the No.1 Detention Center, No.2 Detention Center and on the way to the brainwashing classes. Dafa practitioners' selfless and fearless actions effectively shocked the evil and deeply moved people's hearts.
[Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Beijing University Graduate Liu Baoqun Is Sentenced to Three Years of Forced Labor
Liu Baoqun, male, about 28 years old, is a graduate of Beijing University. In June 2001 he was abducted by police of the Fangcun Police Station in the Yuhua District, Shijianzhuang City, and forced to attend the brainwashing class. An official from Shijiazhuang went to inspect the situation and urged the police to "regard him as an important target of reformation". He resisted the persecution with a righteous thoughts, and the evil plot failed. After being released from the brainwashing class, he went straight to Beijing to validate Dafa in July 2001. He was arrested and sent back, and was sentenced to three years of forced labor. Now he is detained in the vicious Shijiazhuang Forced Labor Camp (in the No. 1 team, No. 3 group).
We appeal to the alumni of Beijing University in China and overseas to join together, adopting various means to stop the acts state terrorism actions of the Jiang Zemin regime that is responsible for murdering intellectuals and harmng and undermining the stability of society. We urge you to condemn the crimes of Shijiazhuang's evil forces in their persecution of Dafa practitioners.
Telephone numbers of the Criminals:
- Political Security Team in Shijiazhuang Yuhua Police Station: Director Li Junjian. Wang Xiaofeng, Police Officer; cell phone: 86-137-03291485.
- Chief of Fangcun Police Station at Yuhua District, Shijiazhuang: 86-311-5491323
- Shijiazhuang Forced Labor Camp - Teams 1, 3 and 5: 86-311-7754007
Wang Li, Police Officer.
The address of No.4 Research and Design Institute of Nuclear Industry Ministry:
Tiyu South Street 261
General Telephone No: 86-311-5814561 Extension of Guest House: 106, 207
Director: 7754007 ext. 210
Address of Team 3 in the forced labor camp: Beijiao Street No.22 in Shijiazhuang
Director: Zhao Bin, Guard: Yang Guang
[Jiamusi City, Heilongjiang Province] Police Mistreat Dafa Practitioners
On December 11, 2001 at 9 a.m., as three practitioners were clarifying the truth about Falun Dafa to people, three policemen arrested them and took them to the Nangang Police Station by force. Because the three practitioners did not cooperate with the police while under torture and did not accept the charges against them, they suffered severe persecution. The director of the police station, Zhang Deli, forcefully slapped a practitioner's face six or seven times, grasping her hair to slam her head against the wall. He viciously struck the practitioner's forehead, causing serious bruising, headache and breathing difficulties, to the extent that the practitioner could not fall asleep for several nights.
Another practitioner tried to reason with the police when she was arrested, insisting that the police produce a legal arrest warrant and show it to her. The police said, "We can arrest you if we want. We can throw you into jail if we want. We can do it based on your attitude."
Policeman Zhang Deli pulled practitioners' hair and choked them when making his arrests. After arriving in the police station with a practitioner, he grasped her hair and pushed her against the wall, ordering her to slander the Teacher. When this practitioner refused, the police pushed her to the ground, stepped on her lower back. Only until the practitioner said, "If you treat me this way, your life will be eliminated," did the policeman stop. Later they forced her onto a "tiger bench" (a torture instrument, for detailed description, see http://clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2001/11/24/16156.html) and illegally interrogated her for three hours. Finally the police extorted 500 Yuan [average monthly salary in urban area of China is 500 Yuan] from the practitioner's husband before they released her.
[Dazhou City, Sichuan Province] Two Examples of Dazhou Police Persecuting Dafa Practitioners
1. Li Jinru, female, 38 years old, is a technician in the Dachuan Factory of Sheets and Towels. On May 6, 2001 she sent basic living supplies to fellow practitioners in the detention center and was arrested. After being detained for over two months, she had persistent vomiting, abdominal cramping, breathing difficulties, she was unable to eat, and her four limbs became numb and weak. The State Security Section still sentenced her to one and a half years of forced labor. On the way to Zizhong forced labor camp her body showed obvious signs of severe illness, and a later physical examination revealed high blood pressure and heart disease. The night she was detained in the Zizhong detention center, it was clear that her life was in danger. Not until it was again obvious that her life was in danger, after being taken back to the Tongchuan Detention Center of Dazhou City, did the police release her.
2. Xu Qin, female, 45 years old, a previous employee of Dachuan Factory of Sheets and Towels. On December 18, 2001 she went to Beijing to appeal. On the way to Beijing she was illegally arrested and was detained in Xiwai Detention Center, and was illegally "fined" by the police together with over ten other practitioners. Each one was fined 3,000 Yuan RMB [500 Yuan is the approximate monthly salary of the average urban worker]. Because Xu Qin refused to pay the money, she was sent to the Tongchuan Detention Center, and 2,000 Yuan cash that she had brought with her was confiscated by the police. While in detention, the police forced her to admit that she was the "organizer" of going to Beijing, persuading her husband to divorce her, and called her relatives to add pressure on her. Police used torture instruments that are reserved for death penalty criminals (such as an iron ring encircles the neck, another iron ring connects the neck ring to handcuffs, and foot shackles are connected to a 30 kilogram iron block), and force-fed her. Because of being tortured both mentally and physically, she eventually became incontinent of both bladder and bowels, could not eat, and she was in a disoriented state. On three occasions she nearly died, with severe difficulty of breathing, limbs twitching, her heart beat almost stopped. Not until a fellow practitioner applied emergency artificial respiration, was her condition relieved somewhat. Only under the strong urging of other people in the jail did the police send her to a hospital for emergency treatment. As of this time Xu is still unconscious. However the police have spread rumors that Xu became this way because of practicing Falun Gong.
[Shenzhen City, Guangdong Province] Falun Dafa Practitioners Illegally Arrested in Shenzhen
Falun Dafa practitioner Yu Lian, from Xinjiang Autonomous Region, was taken away by plainclothes police while working in Shenzhen. Yu was illegally detained for one year at Futian Detention Center in Shenzhen.
Wu Yongxin was illegally arrested toward the end of May while renting an apartment, and was illegally sentenced to three years in forced labor camp. Wu is now detained at Cuotou Islet.