A woman who was recently laid off is now working as a janitor and trash-collector. After the persecution campaign against Falun Gong began, many people discarded their Dafa books, but she saw them as treasures. She carefully took them home, cleaned them off, and stored them. In this way, she has gathered quite a few Dafa books.

Slowly, a miracle began to happen. Whenever she went to collect trash, she would often find valuable items, enough to provide her with all of her daily needs. There were so many that she tried to leave some behind for other trash-collectors, but they would not be found. She knew that these benefits came about because she protected the Dafa books.

One Dafa practitioner's husband, Zhang Dao, is against Dafa. He received numerous retributions in the form of arm and leg injuries, but he still refuses to change. On the morning of December 17, 2001, he found his wife listening to Teacher's lecture tapes. He started to curse Teacher and Dafa, and threw the tape recorder onto the ground. He also announced that he is not afraid of retributions. At noon the same day, he fell off his bike. As a result, he lost two teeth and required more than 10 stitches on his lips.

One Dafa practitioner married a woman who has a son from a previous marriage. When Jiang Zemin's campaign of persecution began, the wife was afraid of being implicated and tore up Dafa books. Shortly thereafter, her son began to have heart problems.

A Neighborhood Administration Office worker caught a practitioner hanging up a Dafa banner and sent him to the "610 Office" (an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems). Subsequently, he had high fever and felt dizzy for three days. He talked to a Dafa practitioner in his work unit and realized that "good is rewarded with good, and evil is met with evil." He regretted his action and did not interfere with practitioners any further. He is currently reading Zhuan Falun in secret.

Some high-level officials in Inner Mongolia have brutally persecuted Falun Dafa practitioners since July 1999. They are guilty of innumerable crimes and have begun to receive heavenly punishments. On the evening of December 19, 2001, there was a disastrous fire at a government hotel in Huhhot. Deputy Mayor Lin Xuancai and Deputy Director of the Municipal Government Reception Office Wang Anming both died in the fire. Five were confirmed killed, seventeen injured, and two are reported missing according to a local news report.