In July of 2000, I went to the Appeals Office in Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong, but I was arrested and taken back by the local police. I was then illegally sent to the Longshan Forced Labor Camp in Shenyang, Liaoning Province. Once I was taken there, the police started to interrogate me. Every practitioner there was forced to write pledges to give up practicing Falun Gong or be shocked by electric batons.

Suddenly, they brought in a 15-year-old girl named Han Tianzi. The police took the girl to the office and asked her to write a pledge. Tianzi refused, and the police then threatened her with electric batons. They also forced her to squat down in the office and said that she would be sent to reform school, where juvenile delinquents are detained. Tianzi was not scared, and she said, "Falun Dafa is the righteous Fa. Restore my Master's reputation. Release all the detained Dafa practitioners unconditionally, as they have not committed any crimes and only try to be good people." At that time I was being interrogated in the same office. I thought that this girl cultivated very well, coming to Beijing to validate Dafa by herself. In subsequent, repeated interrogations, the girl remained resolute. When the police found that threats were useless, they started to use electric batons to shock her.

In our cell we could hear the child's cries of pain as well as a policeman yelling, "Will you write the pledge or not?! Write a pledge, and you can go home!" The child said, "I am protected by laws that safeguard minors, you are not allowed to beat me." But the policeman had already lost his sense of humanity and continued to shock the girl for 3 to 4 hours until his shift ended. The policeman told the girl that he would shock her again when he came to work the next day.

When we saw the wounds all over her body caused by the shocks, many of us cried. Many practitioners did not eat the supper. I felt in my heart that this child cultivated even better than some adults, since some fellow practitioners did write the pledges after being shocked, although most did not. We realized that if a child could bear the torture and did not compromise with the evil, how could some adults not persevere under the torture? From this incident many practitioners realized that we should not cooperate with the evil, and we should leave the camp. Starting on that day, many practitioners started hunger strikes to protest, asking for their unconditional release and an end to the beatings. The police promised not to beat us anymore and pack up all the torture equipment, and asked us to eat. They were lying, because they continued to beat us during the hunger strike. As we continued the hunger strike, some practitioners were released one by one, and I was one of them. I don't know what happened to the girl. I hope that this incident will draw the attention of the international community.