Ph.D. Student at Harbin Institute of Technology Tortured by Police in Qiqihar, Heilongjiang Province
(Clearwisdom.net) Dafa practitioner Han Songwei is a Ph.D. student from the Harbin Institute of Technology. Just before the 2001 Spring Festival [Chinese New Year], while he was preparing to go to Beijing to appeal for Falun Dafa, he was illegally arrested, tortured repeatedly and jailed by police from the Third Police Group in Jianhua District, Qiqihar City, Heilongjiang Province. Han Songwei remains in police custody to this day. A description of some of the torture he has suffered follows.
1. While being illegally arrested, police cuffed both hands behind his back, kicked his stomach forcefully and grabbed him by the hair to throw him down on the floor face-first, causing serious injury to his face. To hide evidence of their crimes, the police covered his head, shut him up in a dark room and continued to torture him there.
2. During one of many interrogation sessions, the police hung him up by his hands, which had been painfully cuffed behind his back. They proceeded to cruelly torture him, shocking his abdomen and genitals with an electric baton. While doing so, they swung his body back and forth to make it even more painful, cursing and laughing even when blood ran from Han's mouth. Fearing they would be held responsible if they were to cause his death, they ended the interrogation.
3. Outside during the coldest days of winter, the police stripped him naked and threw snow onto him.
4. During another one of their illegal interrogations, the police severely injured his arms. It is reported that the torture that day fractured bones in his arms.
5. Another time during interrogation, he was tortured to the point of vomiting blood and internal bleeding.
Han Songwei was recently unlawfully sentenced to 10 years of imprisonment by the Jianhua District Court in Qiqihar City. A bright young student with exceptional talent, who could contribute so much to his country, has been severely tortured by Jiang Zemin's terrorist organization simply for his belief in "Truthfulness, Benevolence, Forbearance."