(Clearwisdom.net) My name is Chen Jinhua. I am a 61-year-old woman. I lived in the employee dormitory of Hesheng Township's Government, Wenjiang County, Chengdu City, Sichuan Province, and retired in December 1999. I used to be the Village Party Branch Secretary, the Associate Director of the Management Committee, and the Deputy Commune Party Secretary of Qingshui Branch, Tongping Commune, Wenjiang County. Later, I was promoted to Deputy Township Director and then I became the Government Policy Investigator until retirement. I always worked carefully and conscientiously.

I obtained the Fa in April 1999. On January 15th, 2000, I went to Beijing to appeal to the government to stop persecuting Falun Gong. This was done according to my rights as a Chinese citizen. The police on Tiananmen Square arrested me. They escorted me to the Tiantan Police Department and illegally detained me there for one day. They told my local government representatives to take me back to the county custodial center. I was imprisoned there for 15 days. Then, I was transferred to a county detention center for another 32 days of unlawful detainment. After that, the local government and police station authorities sent people to bring me back to the local government and forced me to write a "guarantee" to give up the practice of Falun Dafa. They threatened to detain me even longer if I did not comply. Two days later, several local fellow practitioners went to Beijing to appeal. The local government assumed that it was I who had asked them to go to Beijing. Therefore, they sent me to the custodial center again for another 15-days of detention. They then transferred me to the detention center for an additional 31 days. During the detention I was beaten with an electric whip and forced to wear shackles because I persisted in studying the Fa and practicing the exercises. I never gave up. After my release I was brought back to the town government and was forced to write the "guarantee" again. After I returned home I was always watched and my pension was reduced. From February to June of 2000, my pension was reduced from the original 757 Yuan per month to 250 Yuan per month [the average income in a township is about 500 Yuan.] In July 2000, they did not pay me one cent. From August 2000 to August 2001, I only received 120 Yuan per month, and only 50 Yuan in September of 2001. My classmates collected 42,000 Yuan in my name. This money was also confiscated. They even forced me to move into some dirty rooms downstairs where no one had lived for a long time.

On June 29th, 2000, I heard that my local fellow practitioners, who were illegally detained at the brainwashing class by authorities from the township government, had not eaten for 3 days. I went there to give each of them an egg. But after the criminals Huang Hongshi, Zhang Jian, Huang Min and Hu Dongxiang learned this, they took turns brutally beating me from 3 p.m. to 7 or 8 p.m. They did not stop until the stem of my watch was kicked and broken. They even viciously whipped the arches of my feet with 3 rubber-insulated cables with copper wire inside. I was beaten and bruised all over my body. During this time, they sent people to my home. They stole Dafa books, Dafa tapes, a tape recorder, television, fan, quilts, mosquito-curtains, clothes, a fruit knife, a kitchen knife, and a vacuum bottle. They also forced me to move out of the government dormitory. They threatened that if I didn't move out they would either throw everything I had in my room into the street, or burn it up. At that time, I had no choice but to go back to my hometown. I stayed there for 10 days. After I came back, I had no place to move. I had to continue living in the government dormitory. But the lawless people from the local government monitored me. Five people watched me every day. I had to report before I stepped out of the front door, even when I went to buy food. On March 20th, 2001, I couldn't bear to stay there anymore and was forced to leave my home due to the constant pressure of being watched. The gatekeeper let me out. The corrupt government officials scolded him for being irresponsible. Then, they fired him.

On June 22nd, 2001, I went to Pinglu Temple, Pi County to clarify the truth about Falun Dafa. While I was spray-painting Dafa signs, I was noticed by some monks and lay Buddhists in the temple. They beat me brutally and then locked me in a small room and even notified the police. I took the opportunity when I went to the rest room to escape by climbing over the wall. Because my feet were injured at that time, I had to hide in the brush. They found me and took me to Pi County's Xinsheng Police Station. When they asked my name and address I refused to cooperate and only told them I was a Dafa practitioner. Then I was sent to Pi County Detention Center and was illegally imprisoned for 2 months there. Because I never cooperated with the evil and insisted on practicing the exercises, I suffered brutal beatings many times and was forced to wear shackles. Shackles are normally only used for death sentence criminals. When the police brutally beat me, they kept pushing and pulling my limbs, stretching me and beating me with batons, almost crazily. I was beaten black and blue and lots of my hair was missing. They beat me with a big iron ring on which hung the keys to all the cells. Seeing this, many common prisoners cried. As I never told my name and address during my detention, the director was out of ideas. He decided to take a video of me, then took the video to the "610 Office" of each county in order to identify me. (The "610 Office" is an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems). As a result, Section Chief Huang from Wenjiang County's "610 Office" came to Pi County Detention Center to identify me, but he didn't take me back at that time. One month later, I was taken back to the township government. They locked me in the shabby house where I had lived, nailed the windows shut, and locked all of the doors. I was not allowed to take one step out of the house; even going to the toilet was not permitted. I had to use a bucket. I couldn't go out to buy any food, but had to buy the stale food from the dining room at a very high price. On August 26th, my bucket was full. I had to saw the lock off the door to get to the toilet outside. The next day, Hu Dongxiang, the director of the Department of the Armed Forces, beat me brutally for this. He received his retribution three days later. He got a big knot in his stomach, which made him feel extreme pain. On September 12th, I told Hu Dongxiang that I didn't want the stale food from the dining room, and that I wanted to buy food myself. He asked my neighbor to go with me and watch me. Since I didn't have the book Zhuan Falun, I took the chance when my neighbor was busy and quickly went to a fellow practitioner's home to get a copy. Because of this, Hu Dongxiang brutally beat me again.

On September 20th, Hu Dongxiang wanted to send me to the detention center, but he was afraid that I wouldn't cooperate. He tricked me into going to the police station to verify some matters. Since the director of the police department refused to sign the document, he had to let me return. On September 21st, I heard that they had decided in a meeting that they would send me to a detention center. I thought that I definitely shouldn't be in the detention center; I should be out doing things for Dafa. At about 4 a.m. on September 22nd, I decided to leave. The next-door neighbor heard nothing because it was raining. I crossed the window, went through the meeting room and passed a big yard. Then I reached the main entrance. It was tightly locked and there were several lights of at least 200 watts each. These lamps were glaringly bright and were specially installed to prevent my escape. So I had to get out by climbing over the entrance door, but it was too high for me. After my first 3 attempts failed, I asked Teacher to help and finally succeeded. Since then, though homeless, I have devoted my efforts to the great current of Fa-rectification.