Falun Gong Practitioners in the USA Hold Peaceful Appeals to Protest Escalating Persecution in Changchun City, China
Changchun is the birthplace of Falun Gong. Mr. Li Hongzhi, founder of Falun Gong, was born in Changchun and started his teaching of Falun Gong in Changchun. It was also the place of Mr. Li's last public appearance in China on July 26, 1998.
Recently a message from Changchun exposed the most current situation there. Local authorities secretly collect personal information of all local Falun Gong practitioners, including the fingerprints of both hands. They are also carrying out the secret instructions of the "610 Office": arrest all Falun Gong practitioners for enforced brainwashing classes. For those who do not renounce their belief in Falun Gong will be sentenced to life in prison.
According to Faluninfo.net, a female practitioner Li Jing, a 25 year-old student, was killed on October 11, 2001. Li was transferred by police from Qiqihar to Changchun by train. Police claimed that Li Jing died from jumping out of the train that was bringing her back to her hometown for detention. Another female practitioner Yang Yan, 62 year-old, was found dead after 7 months of detention at the third detention center of the Changchun Police Station. Yang's whole body was covered with bruises.
Upon hearing of the recent escalated persecution in Changchun City, on Sunday, Nov. 4, Falun Gong practitioners in the US went to the Chinese Embassy and consulates in major cities, such as Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Washington DC, Houston, and New York to protest the inhuman treatment. The truth of the brutal persecution of practitioners in Changchun City was revealed to the international community.
1) Los Angeles On November 4, 2001 Los Angeles practitioners held a press conference in front of the Chinese Consulate in Los Angeles to protest several recent death cases of Falun Gong practitioners in Changchun City, Jilin Province. They strongly condemn the "610 Office" that is controlled by Jiang Zemin's regime and Luo Gan and that has escalated repeatedly the persecution of innocent Falun Gong practitioners in China.
Practitioners strongly call on the Chinese government to immediately abolish the "610 Office", bring Luo Gan to justice, and release all illegally detained Falun Gong practitioners in China.
Sending forth righteous thoughts to eliminate evil
Speech by practitioner
2) Chicago On November 4, 2001, over 30 Falun Gong practitioners from the greater Chicago area went to the Chinese Consulate in Chicago to condemn the escalated persecution of Falun Gong in China. They held a group practice, sent forth righteous thoughts, collected signatures, and clarified the truth to local people.
3) Washington DC On the afternoon of November 4, 2001, over 10 Washington DC Falun Gong practitioners gathered in front of the Chinese Embassy to have a press conference supporting their fellow practitioners persecuted in China, especially in the city of Changchun.
They strongly condemned Jiang Zemin regime's frenzied persecution of Falun Gong practitioners in Changchun and in other regions. They also called for world support to end the persecution and rescue fellow practitioners in China. Many people stopped their cars and listened to their statement.
4) San Francisco Over 150 San Francisco Falun Gong practitioners held a press conference in front of the Chinese Consulate on November 4, 2001. They strongly called upon the Chinese government, being controlled by Jiang Zemin and Luo Gan, to end the new round of persecution of practitioners in China, especially in the city of Changchun.
They pointed out that these actions by the "610 Office" in Changchun is further evidence of the inhuman treatment under the policy of "destroy Falun Gong physically" by Jiang Zemin and Luo Gan. It is against the Chinese people's own constitution.
Many local press, TV station, and radio stations covered the press conference.
5) Denver Some Colorado Falun Gong practitioners went to a shopping center in downtown Denver on November 4, 2001 to appeal for an urgent rescue of Falun Gong practitioners in the City of Changchun.
They explained the truth to local media and strongly called on the Chinese government to bring the evil people who persecute practitioners to justice and abolish the "610 Office".
6) Houston Houston practitioners held a press conference in front of the Chinese Consulate in Houston on November 4, 2001 to condemn the inhuman treatment suffered by the practitioners in Changchun.
A local reporter from The Chronicle attended the press conference. He was deeply moved by the peaceful appeal expressed by the practice of the Falun Gong exercises.
7) New York Over 100 New York Falun Gong practitioners gathered in front of the Chinese Consulate in New York City to hold a press conference regarding the recent death cases of Falun Gong practitioners in Changchun. They strongly condemned the escalated persecution against Falun Gong by the "610 Office" under the control of Jiang Zemin and Luo Gan.
Practitioners practiced the exercises as a group and sent forth righteous thoughts. They called upon the Chinese government to abolish the "610 Office," bring Luo Gan to justice, and release all illegally detained Falun Gong practitioners in China.