A former vice-principal of the No. 1 Elementary School of Lingwu City, Ningxia Province, Lu Hongfeng, thirty seven years old, was sent to the local mental hospital against her will since she insisted on speaking the truth about Falun Gong. She passed away on September 6, 2000 after being severely tortured through forcible high dose injections of powerful drugs used on mentally ill patients. Lu Hongfeng was completely mentally healthy.

For speaking out about the truth of Falun Gong, local officials persecuted her illegally. The city education bureau also fired her. During the period of the "Two Meetings" [the meeting of national people's congress and the meeting of political consultation] she signed an open letter to the People's Congress, urging for an end to the persecution of Falun Gong. As a result, she was dismissed from the office of vice-principal.

Her husband Qin Yuhuan (Secretary General of the Communist Party Committee of No. 1 Construction Company in Lingwu City) sided against his wife, and participated in actively persecuting Lu Hongfeng. On May 6, 2000, he beat Lu and kicked her out of their home. Lu Hongfeng continued to clarify the truth of Falun Gong to the people and kept safeguarding Dafa even though she was homeless. Her husband, Qin Yuhuan, became even angrier. [Note: under Jiang Zemin's current "implication" system, many families are being broken up as non-practitioners fear the repurcussions of being associated with practitioners and thus become persecuted themselves] On June 7th, he committed Lu to the Lingwu Mental Hospital with help from Dong Yun, the director of the In patient Department of Lingwu Mental Hospital. Tao Zhijun, a nurse from the same hospital also helped to incarcerate Lu.

They persecuted Lu brutally for more than fifty days. During this period, they tied Lu Hongfeng to the bed. They injected and force-fed her with large doses of medicines that can be damaging to the central nervous system. According to a doctor with the surname of Yong, Lu was forced to take twenty-four tablets of a medicine imported from Germany. This medicine will cause ordinary people to lose consciousness for three days with only one tablet. Fifty days of such inhumane torture drove Lu to become mentally traumatized. She was in an extremely weak state. At the end of July, Lu was brought home. Qin Yuhuan did not relax his efforts in torturing Lu Hongfeng. In addition to forcing Lu to take large amounts of medicine that is damaging to the nervous system, he tortured Lu both physically and mentally. Lu passed away on September 6th, 2000.

Qin Yuhuan, became the accomplice of the forces persecuting Falun Dafa and murdering Dafa practitioners. He did not show regret at all. Instead, he attacked Falun Gong even more viciously in the newspaper and on the TV. News of Lu's death was blocked. Instead, there was an attempt to slander Dafa viciously, after murdering Lu.

It is a heavenly principle that good will be rewarded with good, and evil with evil. Heavenly Laws will punish all the people who persecute Dafa. The universal characteristic of "Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance" will surely illuminate the universe after this nightmare is over. We wrote this report on the anniversary of Lu's death to commemorate her. Kind-hearted people, Falun Dafa practitioners are now using their lives to awaken peoples' sense of justice and conscience, and to arouse peoples' kind-heartedness. It is as good as creating your own beautiful future when you sympathize with Falun Gong. Resist and expose the evil forces' persecution of Dafa practitioners.