A Partial Account of the Brutal Persecution of Falun Dafa Practitioners in Handan City, Hebei Province
- Zhe Liansheng, male, over 60 years old, from Cheng'an County, Handan City, was arrested by corrupt police officers because he went to Beijing's Tiananmen Square to practice the Falun Gong exercises publicly and thus validate the Fa (Law and principles). He then went on a hunger strike to resist his arrest and persecution. He was in critical condition when, in an attempt to avoid taking the responsibility for his death, the police asked his family to take him home from jail. Zhe Liansheng died soon afterwards. (More details to will be made available soon.)
- Liu Haiqin, female, 48 years old, vice president of the Treasury Bureau in Handan City, was arrested in October 2000 and was illegally sentenced to 2 to 3 years (details are unknown) of "forced labor education." She was jailed in the Shijiazhuang Female Forced Labor Camp. In the labor camp, she continued to practice Falun Dafa. She went on a hunger strike and used other methods to resist the persecution and to validate Dafa. Jiang XX's political gang of scoundrels persecuted her brutally until she became catatonic. She was sent home in September 2001. (More details to be made available soon.)
- Zhang Baochun, male, was illegally arrested on September 20, 1999 when he went to Beijing to validate Dafa. In jail, the guards persecuted him brutally. One of his legs was amputated. Now, Jiang XX's political gang of scoundrels has sent him to the Feixiang Psychiatric Hospital to endure more suffering.
- Sun Xiuying, female, about 48 years old, an assistant at a Falun Gong exercise site, was forced to leave home to avoid persecution by Jiang XX's political gang of scoundrels shortly after July 22, 1999 because she was determined to cultivate Falun Dafa. However, she has kept in contact with other Dafa practitioners, and she has been captured and detained several times by police.
- Liu Jun, once the head assistant of the Hanshan District Falun Gong Assistant Center, and his wife Yang Fenglian, both holding a bachelor's degree and both 30 years old, were originally from Xi'an City, Shaanxi Province.
- Around October 1, 2001, under orders by Jiang XX and his gang of political scoundrels, Handan City, Hebei Province illegally arrested about 60 Dafa practitioners including:
- Zhao Yuhong, female, was arrested from her home by policemen because she clarified the truth about the persecution against Falun Dafa. We don't know where she is now.
- Zhang Meiting, female, from a suburb of Handan City, was arrested while she was distributing Dafa truth-clarifying materials. Since she has chosen to continue cultivating Dafa, she is being illegally held in a county detention center.
- Yu Xuezhen, female, has been to Beijing to validate Dafa several times, but this time, she was arrested from her own home. Now she is being illegally detained in the Handan Second City Detention Center.
She was arrested again during the time when the United Nations Human Rights Conference convened from March to April in 2000 and was illegally sent to the Second Detention Center in Handan City. In the detention center, the policemen beat her, shocked her with electric batons and hung her up from an iron-door, while torturing her for an entire night. She was held in the detention center for 9 months before they sent her home in January 2001.
On September 29, 2001, she was once again arrested by the evil forces while she was preparing truth-clarifying materials about Dafa. She is now being held in the First Detention Center in Handan City.
In October 1999, the couple was arrested along with their 7 to 8 month-old baby daughter when they went to Beijing to appeal peacefully to the government to try to restore the reputation of Falun Dafa. The policemen handcuffed them together and sent them back to Handan City. They were illegally held in the detention center for 3 to 4 months. It is known that once Falun Dafa practitioners say, "I will not practice Falun Dafa," they will be released. But Yang Fenglian kept on saying, "I will continue to practice." Her baby daughter stayed in the same cell with her. However, Yang Fenglian didn't have any milk to nurse the baby. The baby cried often out of hunger.
One day, the chief of the Hebei Province Public Security Bureau came to the detention center to investigate. He said to Yang Fenglian, "Your baby is staying here because of you. You make her suffer too much." But the mother said, "It's not me making my baby suffer. It's you. You put good people into jail. What kind of crime has my baby committed?" The mother's righteous statement made the chief speechless.
Meanwhile, the baby was left in the cell while the questioning was going on in another room. The cell's iron door was locked tightly, and the guards didn't let anyone in to take care of the crying baby. Without her mother's care and without food, the baby suffered the whole day, locked alone in a cell. The evil forces wanted to press the couple into giving up their practice of Falun Gong, but they failed. In the end, the three of them were released.
Liu Jun and Yang Fenglian have since been illegally detained another 4 or 5 times. The police confiscated their home. All their belongings were tossed into the courtyard. Every time they were released from jail, they had to pay 5000 Yuan RMB. Before they were arrested, Yang Fenglian did not have a job and Liu Jun's job only paid several hundred Yuan per month. But now he has no income. Every time they were released, Liu Jun's friends tried to pay the "fine" for him. Still, Yang Fenglian had to sell her blood to support the family.
Liu Jun and Yang Fenglian were arrested again by the security bureau just before October 1 this year (China's National Day, a sensitive time when many Falun Gong practitioners are rounded up to prevent them from appealing in Beijing). On the second day in jail, the evil policemen took Yang Fenglian with them to search her home. She sent fourth righteous thoughts and broke free of the evil's control. Now that she has escaped, she and her daughter have to live on the streets to avoid persecution and illegal arrest. Her husband's situation is still unknown. We ask kind-hearted people who are concerned about this family's situation to show their sympathy and help them. Together we can eliminate the evil around them.