(Clearwisdom.net ) I am a Dafa practitioner from Jianyang City, Sichuan Province. In November 2000, Liu Yuanzhi, the chief of the local police station in Guangxing Town drove up in a police van and pushed another practitioner and me into the car. I slightly closed my eyes in the van. About 10 minutes later I saw someone hit my head with something. I felt pain on the back of my head and suddenly lost consciousness.

Later I learned that their original plan was to kill me. According to the policy of Jiang Zemin's regime, "Beating a Falun Dafa practitioner to death is counted as suicide." I escaped being murdered because the other practitioner told them that I was the relative of a police officer.

Fearing that my death would cause trouble to them, the police authorities sent me to Guanghan City's Hospital, where I was in a comatose state for 7 days. The police were afraid that I might die, so they lied to others that my injuries came from an attempt to jump out of the van to commit suicide. They never admitted it was actually caused by their beatings, but used this excuse to cover up the fact of their crimes of attempted murder. The CT examination at the hospital gave the following diagnosis [about brain and head injury]: right frontal intracranial bleeding; left epidural hemotoma [located at left side of the head and outside the skull]; left temporal bone fracture; left parietal-occipital hemotoma [located at the upper- left- back side on the head]; and subarachnoid bleeding. Only a few days after I returned home, chief Liu Yuanzhi of Guangxing Town's police station ordered me to turn in 1,000 Yuan [500 Yuan is the average monthly salary of a worker in China] and did not give any receipt.

On January 18, 2001, I had not yet recovered from being beaten and was suffering from facial nerve paralysis with deviated mouth, unable to move my eyeballs. Brigade chief Yan Yiquan of Jianyang City's "610 Office" [An agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems] again led several people to my home, illegally arrested me and took me to the detention center. They forced me to betray Dafa; otherwise they would not release me to go home for the Chinese New Year.

Seeing I would not say nor write anything, they threatened that they would sentence me. No matter how the vicious police treated me, I only remembered Teacher's words "just by having your heart unaffected you will be able to handle all situations." (Teacher's article "Eliminate your last attachments"). Especially when I was first brought into the jail, the common prisoners were shocked by my terrible physical condition because of the beatings. I recovered half a month later, and they all felt very surprised seeing a person recovering in such a short period of time without taking any medicine. I then took the opportunity introducing Dafa to them. After they learned the truth of Dafa, some obtained the Fa, some learned that one would be rewarded with good if s/he stands on the side of Dafa and supports Dafa, and one would receive retribution if s/he curses Dafa or Teacher.

On July 24, the wicked police displayed posters in the cell slandering Dafa. Two fellow practitioners and I then clarified the truth to common prisoners. One prisoner said, "I only know the practitioners are all good people." One prisoner had been sentenced to the death penalty. He had obtained the Fa in prison for one year, and later his sentence was changed to "deferred death penalty." This is the mighty power of Dafa, the mighty virtue of Teacher.

Seven months after being illegally detained, I decided to find a way to go out to assist Teacher in the Fa-rectification. I knew that I should not be controlled by the evil, so I started a hunger strike. On the 13th day of my hunger strike, they were afraid that I might die, so on August 30, they asked my husband to bail me out on the condition that he give up his job.

November 12, 2001