Document 1

Qi Mingli, male, 27-years-old, lived in Heping District of Shenyang City. He was arrested by a policeman from Tiexi District of Siping City while putting up posters explaining the truth of Falun Gong at 11:30pm on January 26, 2001.

At the time, the policeman instructed several individuals standing at the entrance of Lihao Hotel (they might have been plainclothes policemen) to beat him up. Then they handcuffed him and escorted him to Siping Police Department, where the policeman took him to his office and beat him again. There was another policeman present. The first policeman struck violently at the head of Qi Mingli with Qi's leather belt. As a result, Qi's right eye was seriously wounded. Then the policeman sent him to Siping Yingxiong Police Substation, where two other policemen took over. When the two policemen saw Qi's eye they sent Qi to the Eye Treatment Section of Siping Central Hospital. Even though the wound was severe, the doctor on duty simply wrapped it with bandages. Qi said to the policeman, "I'll sue you for beating people as a policeman." The policeman replied unscrupulously, "I'm not afraid of it at all. I can even become well-known for arresting Falun Gong people."

Back at the police substation, they attached Qi to an iron bed with two handcuffs. A policeman flung verbal abuse at him during that time. He was not given any food at the substation. Around one o'clock on the afternoon of the 27th, he was forced to sign an arrest warrant simply because he practiced Falun Gong. He was then detained in Siping Custodial Center. The police and prisoners there witnessed that his right eye was badly wounded. On January 29th of 2001, two policemen from Siping Yingxiong Police Substation brought him back to the Eye Treatment Section of Siping Central Hospital for re-examination. However, the policeman took away the relevant receipts. But the receipt stub could still be found in the Siping Central Hospital.

On January 28th, Siping Yingxiong Police Substation phoned his family members and asked them to bring Qi some food. Actually, Qi was not at the police substation at that time. They concealed the fact that his eye was wounded. Instead, they threatened his family members by making up a story that he wounded a policeman. His family members were not allowed to see him.

In Siping Custodial Center, Qi Mingli was brutally tortured both spiritually and physically. He was impelled to have his hair shaved, and was beaten and cursed by the prisoners. He was forced to clean washrooms in the cell. Later, he was shifted to Cell #8, where he was again inhumanely beaten and tortured by the prisoners. They stripped him of all his clothes and poured cold water on his body. He was illegally detained there for about 40 days during which time he was interrogated with no legal procedures. He was forced to watch a "Tiananmen Square Self-Immolation Event" video. A section chief, Chen, forced him to speak ill of Falun Gong.

On March 7th of this year, Qi was sent for one year of forced labor 'reeducation' in Siping Labor Camp. As soon as he arrived there, he met with threatening verbal abuse from the team director Chen Songling. Songling tried to force him to write a statement to give up Falun Gong. When Qi refused to do so, the brigade director, Yu Bin, told him that refusal to break with Falun Gong meant endless detention. Another vicious policeman, Zhang Xiaosen, began to brutally torture him. Xiaosen hit Qi's head violently. He pummeled Qi's chest using his legs and knees. Dafa disciples in the labor camp were forced to watch video programs defiling Dafa and to write a "statement of repentance," "statement of breaking with Falun Gong," and a "statement of exposing and denouncing." The Dafa practitioners were forced to take examinations aimed at slandering Falun Dafa and Li Hongzhi. They were also forced to perform heavy labor.

During the illegal detention, the administrative section director, Cui Fengping, frequently defiled Dafa and Teacher in front of Dafa practitioners and insulted the human dignity of Dafa disciples. Zhang Xiaosen added three more months to Qi's detention term when he saw that Qi Mingli refuse to be "reformed." Qi didn't accept it and reported it to the leadership of the labor camp. When Zhang Xiaosen found out, he shouted abuse at Qi, and then added another three months to his detention term. In addition, he even claimed that he would detain Qi forever.

On June 9th of this year, Qi Mingli escaped from the labor camp after he sent forth righteous thoughts. Presently, he is homeless.

Document 2

Bai Mingsheng, male, 26-years-old, self-employed, lived in Lishu County of Siping City.

By the middle of December, 2000, Bai went to another practitioner's home with "Master Li Hongzhi's Lecture at the Great Lakes Conference in North America" and other materials. The police performed an illegal search at the practitioner's home. Therefore, Bai was arrested and detained in Beigou Police Substation in Siping City. The police there pressed him for the source of Teacher's articles and other materials. Getting no results, they began to brutally torture him. They handcuffed him from the back to an iron bed with his feet suspended in the air and they beat him. They poured vinegar into his nose. They scratched his ribs. After that, they sent him to Siping Custodial Center, where he suffered from the prisoners' evil treatment. They stripped off his clothes and poured cold water onto his body. He was hurt both spiritually and physically in the custodial center. During his detention, the police substation had never informed his family members of his whereabouts. After 37 days, they illegally sent him to one year of forced labor reeducation in Siping Labor Camp.

He suffered tremendously in Siping Labor Camp. Policemen Zhang Xiaosen and Liu Zhongxiao beat him up. They interrupted his sleep at night in order to make him give up the practice. They took turns watching him for 24 hours in order to prevent him from sleeping. They forced him to watch video programs defiling Dafa and tried to make him write a "statement of repentance," "statement of breaking with Falun Gong," "statement of guarantee (to give up Falun Gong)," and a "statement of exposing and denouncing." They compelled him to curse Dafa and videotaped him doing it. They forced him to take examinations aimed at slandering Falun Dafa and Teacher. They made him do heavy labor work. This disciple walked out of the labor camp after sending forth righteous thoughts.

Note: When he was arrested, all his possessions and cash he brought with him were taken away by Beigou Police Substation in Siping City. These items were never returned even though his family members went to the police substation and asked for them.

List of the persecutors

Zhang Xiaosen, the team director of Siping Labor Camp where Falun Dafa practitioners are illegally detained was awarded for compelling practitioners to give up practicing Falun Gong. He conducted brutal torture on most Dafa practitioners, including beating them using fists, feet, electric batons, wooden sticks, self-made clips, police ropes and other items. He often handcuffed practitioners and instigated prisoners to beat and abuse them. He once beat a practitioner from Yitong, named Jiang Weibin, which resulted in the practitioner having gastric bleeding. The practitioner was sent back home since the hospital could not cure him. This criminal action of his was once exposed on Minghui Net.