• Handan City, Heilongjiang Province Practitioner Haichan is in Critical Condition and Her Whereabouts are Unknown
  • Luo Gan and Zeng Qinghong Plot New Methods to Persecute Practitioners Who Access Clearwisdom.net
  • On October 12, 2001, Over Twenty Practitioners Went to Beijing's Tiananmen Square
  • Righteous Belief and Action
  • Conversation in a Beijing Detention Center Between Myself and a Guard
  • A Fellow Dafa Practitioner's Stories
  • Hainan Province Dafa Practitioners Shocked the Evil
  • A 19-meter-long Banner Appears at Chengde City's Arhat Mountain During the Chinese National Day Holidays
  • In Mudanjiang City, Heilongjiang Province, Linkou County Police's Evil Deeds Exposed
  • In Linyi City, Shandong Province, Using Righteous Thoughts and Wisdom, a Dafa Practitioner Escapes From the Evil's Control
  • The Tangshan City Police Department Arbitrarily Arrest Falun Gong Practitioners
  • The Persecution Situation of Handan City, Hebei Province Practitioners
  • Eradicate the Evil Propaganda Board
  • Beijing City's Yanqing County Authorities Carry out Another Round of Arresting Practitioners on the Eve of the National Day
  • Arrest of Changchun Dafa Practitioners Zheng Weidong and his Wife
  • A Story of Sending Forth Righteous Thoughts


[Handan City, Hebei Province] Practitioner Haichan is in Critical Condition and Her Whereabouts are Unknown

Haichan (her last name is unknown) is a 42-year-old female practitioner from Handan City, Hebei Province who was the deputy director of Handan City's Finance Department. In December 2000, her boss asked her to come to him for a discussion, then sent her to Shijiazhuang City's Labor Camp. In early April 2001, she was sent to a brainwashing class in the Gaoyang Labor Camp. As she did not cooperate with the vicious forces, the police shocked her with a high voltage electric baton, beginning at her arches, gradually moving up along her body. They shocked her so badly that wounds covered her whole body. Even with this kind of brutal torture, the police failed to force her to give up practicing Falun Gong. The next tortures took the following form: they forced Haichan to squat half way down for a long time, with her arms extended out to both sides while being handcuffed to a fixed iron ring on the ground. People could not stand straight in this position. Later they forced her to swallow an iron ball. They feared taking any responsibility if she died from this, so they sent her to the hospital. Now Haichan's situation is unknown.

[China] Luo Gan and Zeng Qinghong Plot New Methods to Persecute Practitioners Who Access Clearwisdom. net

Before the October 1st National Day Holiday, Zeng Qinghong and Luo Gan plotted and personally organized the "No.3 Storm Mission" and detained many practitioners.

"No.3 Storm Mission," has a special assignment, which is as follows: The government sent many computer and Internet specialists to each province and city to destroy access to Clearwisdom.net. Policemen and hired unemployed young men kept the main public and residential areas and streets under 24-hour surveillance. Some practitioners were detained and some even were taken away from their homes at midnight. Those practitioners' whereabouts are unknown.

[Beijing] On October 12, 2001, Over Twenty Practitioners Went to Tiananmen Square

On October 12, 2001, more than 20 practitioners went to Tiananmen Square and unfurled banners reading, "Falun Dafa is Good." From the bottom of their hearts they shouted, "Falun Dafa is Good," "Falun Dafa is the Righteous Fa," "Restore the Reputation of Dafa," "Restore the Reputation of Master Li" to all sentient beings and Gods in the universe, which effectively eliminated the evil. At least nine practitioners were arrested, two of them in front of the Jinshui Bridge at Tiananmen Square. Some of them were beaten and others returned safely. The police brutally slapped a young practitioner during his arrest. Regardless of the pain and insult, he held the banner high and shouted, "Falun Dafa is Good," "Falun Dafa is the Righteous Fa." Scores of Chinese and foreign tourists witnessed this police brutality. Many people were shocked by the practitioners' feats. They were stunned at the solemn and stirring scene. Practitioners were forcibly put into a row of small rooms in front of Tiananmen. [Note: These small rooms may have been built specially for temporarily detaining Falun Gong practitioners to interrogate them to get their personal information before sending them to other police stations.]

Six practitioners did not cooperate with the vicious police when they were interrogated. They spread Dafa, clarified the truth, and persuaded the police to follow the principle of compassion. Later the practitioners were transferred to Tiananmen Police Station. They did not tell their names, addresses, ages or their educational degrees. In the iron cage the practitioners shared their experiences, encouraged each other, strengthened their righteous thoughts and then collectively sent forth righteous thoughts to eliminate the evil and all the vicious forces in Tiananmen Square and at the Tiananmen Police Station. They did not even ask for each other's names or addresses.

Afterwards, six practitioners were sent to two police stations in Beijing.

The next day, two male practitioners escaped from the evil's den with the help from our Teacher and went back to join the mighty current of Fa-rectification.

Hereby, all the practitioners who rectified the Fa and successfully walked out of the evil's den would like to thank our most respected, honorable and greatest Teacher. The shallow enlightenment we obtained from Dafa came from your greatness, compassion and salvation and from taking all the suffering for the cosmic beings. We will become better and better. We extend our best wishes to our great Teacher.

We wish that all practitioners at home and abroad will do better and better on the final path of the brilliant, great and divine consummation.

[Panzhihua City, Sichuan Province] Righteous Belief and Action

On August 30, 2001, police from Panzhihua City's Police Department illegally detained female practitioner Chen Xiangzhi who is employed by the Panzhihua City Mine Bureau. The reason for the detention is her determination to practice Dafa. In the middle of September, personnel from the East District Police Department of Panzhihua City forcibly took female practitioner Luo Lingzhen away from home with the same ridiculous excuse. With righteous beliefs and thoughts to Teacher and Dafa, they resisted all arrangements of the vicious forces. They safeguarded Dafa with their lives.

On the eighth day after Chen Xiangzhi went on hunger strike, the police released her. Practitioner Luo Lingzhen did not obey any order, instigation and requirement of the vicious forces in the East District Detention Center. Policewoman Tian Ping brutally beat her, but still could not change the practitioner's indestructible righteous belief. In the end, Luo Lingzhen was sentenced to two years of forced labor. Three policemen escorted her to Sichuan Province's Zizhong Nanmusi Female Labor Camp. When the police were busy processing the paper work for her transfer, Luo Lingzhen broke through the vicious forces' arrangements and escaped the evil's den. She melted herself into the mighty current of Fa-rectification again.

Now these two practitioners live in exile. They continue to closely follow Teacher's Fa-rectification progress. Their righteous beliefs and actions encouraged local practitioners. They demonstrated the dignity of Dafa and the compassion of Teacher, and effectively suppressed the arrogant vicious forces. It is worthwhile to mention that on the day when Luo Lingzhen was sent to the labor camp, local practitioners received this information and sent forth righteous thoughts every hour on the hour to help her step out of the evil's den, which demonstrated Dafa practitioners' indestructible mighty power as a whole.

[Beijing, China] Conversation in a Beijing Detention Center Between Myself and a Guard

In 2001, I went to Beijing to rectify Dafa and was sent into a detention center. The guard asked my name and address. My only reply was, "I am a Dafa practitioner." He continued to ask, "How many times have you come here?" I said, "I never came here before." He smiled and told me, "It is not necessary for you to promote Falun Gong to me. I know all of you are good people. I have been in touch with more than 100 Falun Gong practitioners." He continued, "Help me change the criminals' minds so they will become good people as well. I have tried everything. Criminals used to hold a "send-off meeting" when a Falun Gong practitioner left. I hope they will do this for you, too. Please let me know if you have any questions." This, from one aspect, shows that those people, no matter who they are, will know Dafa practitioners are really good people once they get to know us.

[China] A Fellow Dafa Practitioner's Stories

In January of 2001, I went to Beijing to safeguard Dafa, but I was arrested and detained in a detention center in Beijing where I met a practitioner from Heilongjiang Province. Following are some of his stories.

By talking with him I knew he obtained Dafa relatively late. What he had on his mind after July 22, 1999, however, was to rectify the Fa. He went to Beijing to appeal. Later he was escorted back and sent to a labor camp for one year because he refused to write the "guarantee statement" to renounce Dafa. He told me that all criminals in the labor camp respected him very much, but the guards treated the practitioners very brutally. He went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution. The guards force-fed him with a beer bottle, which broke his teeth. Criminals in the labor camp were ordered to force feed him. After complying several times, the criminals refused to do it again because they could not stand to watch him suffer. This practitioner's great compassion and forbearance also touched them. Then military police were ordered to force feed him. After administering force-feeding several times, they were also moved by him and would not come any more. They were pondering whether it was reasonable for him to suffer so much, just because he insisted on practicing Dafa.

Because the practitioner did not give up cultivation, the guards ordered a criminal to beat him. When the criminal found that the beating did not work, he told the practitioner, "I won't beat you any more. As long as I am here, I will not let anyone hurt you any more."

After this practitioner was released he went to Beijing again to validate Dafa. He distributed flyers and hung posters. Once he was arrested when he was hanging the posters. When he was released, he continued to do Dafa work.

This time he was arrested because he distributed CDs to clarify Dafa truth. The common criminals called him "Falun" and they respected him. The vicious policemen tortured him with electric batons and asked him to tell the source of the Dafa materials. He never surrendered and went on a 5-day hunger strike. During the hunger strike he was detained in solitary confinement. His hands and feet were handcuffed together. He suffered from such torture many times. Whenever he could not stand beatings and tortures, the policemen suddenly stopped the beating. He knew that it was our compassionate and great Teacher protecting him.

The "No.1" criminal in our jail was very nice to him and often talked with him. Once he told the practitioner, "If I am released, I will start a company and why don't you join me? I trust you the most. How about making big money with me?" This practitioner told him, "I will be much happier if you can be good to Dafa."

[Hainan Province] Dafa Practitioners Shocked the Evil

During National Day, a city TV station broadcast a lot of nonsense, "All Dafa practitioners in the local area are "under control" and so on. That night, practitioners came out collectively and hung Dafa banners over 5 main streets and roads. This made the evil panic and effectively struck at the evil.

[Chengde City, Hebei Province] A 19-meter-long Banner Appears at Arhat Mountain During the Chinese National Day Holidays

On October 6, 2001, a 19-meter-long banner hung down from the tip of Arhat Mountain in Chengde City, Hebei Province. The red characters with yellow background read, "Falun Dafa saves all sentient beings." The banner hung opposite the city's police department and government buildings, which effectively suffocated the evil and shocked people.

[Mudanjiang City, Heilongjiang Province] Linkou County Police's Evil Deeds Exposed

Zhang Shiqiang, the deputy chief of Sandaotong Town's Police Station in Linkou County in Mudanjiang City/ Heilongjiang Province, broke the arms of Han Yuxia, a female Dafa practitioner, but did permit her to receive treatment for her injuries. When the higher authorities sent people to investigate, Zhang made Han give false testimony so as to shirk the responsibility. Zhang also lied to Han that he would send her to the hospital for medical treatment. After the investigators left, however, Zhang did not try to get treatment for Han's arms, but illegally detained her for an additional 3 months.

On January 5, 2001, Linkou County No.1 Detention Center detained four practitioners who had been to Beijing to appeal. Their names are: Feng Shiyu (Female, 45 years old), Gu Guanghou (Male, 53 years old), Ai Fenglan (Female, 57 years old), and Chen Yulan (Female, 51 years old). Because these practitioners had not thoroughly studied Dafa and the police put so much pressure on them, they were forced to write the "guarantee letter" (a letter to give up Dafa) against their will. The detention center still did not release them after they complied. Later on, another practitioner was arrested and sent to the detention center. This practitioner awakened these four practitioners. Before the National Day (October 1, 2001), Linkou County's No. 1 Detention Center put these four practitioners on trial and sentenced them to jail. Though the Linkou County Court was not satisfied with what the No. 1 Detention Center did, the Detention Center officers said that it was the order from the head of the county.

Linkou County's Chief Police: Du Naixin

Linkou County's 610 Chief Officer: Zhang Shijie

[Linyi City, Shandong Province] Using Righteous Thoughts and Wisdom, a Dafa Practitioner Escapes From the Evil's Control

Practitioner Zhang and two fellow practitioners shared an apartment. They hung Teacher's portrait right in front of their room. The police of Linyi City's Yinque Mountain Police Station saw it during the night watch and arrested them all. Led by Wang Mingguang, three other police officers took turns brainwashing Zhang. Zhang was not allowed to sleep and suffered torture, both mentally and physically. Zhang kept sending forth righteous thoughts and remained unwavering. A couple of days later, as she took the chance of going to the toilet, she ran away from the evil's control, with handcuffs and barefooted. Once again, she joined the mighty current of Fa-Rectification. The two other practitioners were said to have been on hunger strike. They did not cooperate with the evil forces and are still being detained. Their whereabouts are unknown.

[Tangshan City, Hebei Province] The Police Department Arbitrarily Arrests Falun Gong Practitioners

Recently, personnel from the Tangshan City Police Department and its new District Police Department, South District Police Department, North District Police Department, and Kaiping District Police Department hired many jobless citizens to closely watch Dafa practitioners and used all means to rampantly arrest Dafa practitioners. Dozens of practitioners were arrested during the last few months. Now, these practitioners are illegally detained in Tangshan City's First and Second Detention Centers.

[Handan City, Hebei Province] The Persecution Situation of Handan City, Hebei Province Practitioners

  1. Li Congchun, male, 55 years old, former deputy director of Falun Gong assistance center in Handan City and former deputy chief of No.6 Section of City Police Department, was arrested when meeting with other practitioners in March 2000. In the summer of 2001, Handan City court authorities sentenced him to 5 years imprisonment. The court proceedings were held in secret and he was sentenced in secret.
  2. On the evening of September 1, 2001, policemen from the No. 1 section of the city's police department arrested a young couple in their 20's who lived in the Hanshan District. They wore only undergarments when being caught. Their whereabouts are still unknown. Their family members want to send some clothes to them but they don't know where they are detained.
  3. From August 30 to September 3, 2001, in Congtai District and Hanshan District alone, police arrested over 60 practitioners simply because they practice Falun Gong. Some were arrested directly from home, and some were decieved into coming to the police station. Everyone was forced to write a so-called "Guarantee Statement" to renounce Falun Dafa. Whether they wrote it or not, their families had to hand in 5,000 Yuan in order to bail them out.
  4. An over 50-year-old female practitioner lived on Lianpang Road in Congtai District. Her name is not known. She died in No.1 Detention Center of Handan City at the beginning of 2001. The police claimed she died of heart disease. The local authorities enforced martial law while sending her body from the detention center to the crematorium. A practitioner made a comment, "The reason for her death needs to be investigated" and for this he (or she) was transferred to a detention center in another county. After the incident, the No.1 and No.2 Detention Centers simultaneously conducted physical examinations and released a dozen senior practitioners.

[Yanqing County, Beijing City] Eradicate the Evil Propaganda Board

On the eve of the National Day of 2001, the Technology Center of Yanqing County exhibited a lot of Dafa-slandering articles and pictures on their propaganda board. In order to eradicate the poison of the evil propaganda materials, the local practitioners posted a lot of truth-clarifying literature around the board, but the vicious thugs ripped them off several times. Afterwards, practitioners painted some big, colorful characters, "Falun Dafa is Good" on the glass window of the propaganda board and sent forth righteous thoughts to eradicate the evil. The next morning, the characters attracted many people standing there and watching. Upon hearing the news, the policemen immediately arrived but it was very hard for them to wipe the characters off. Therefore, in the process, they removed vicious slandering materials from the propaganda board.

[Yanqing County, Beijing City] Yanqing County Authorities Carry out Another Round of Arresting Practitioners on the Eve of the National Day

On the eve of the National Day of 2001, the "610 Office" (an agency especially created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems), Political and Judiciary Committee, Police Department, Police Stations and "the activists" in Yanqing County illegally carried out large-scale arrests of practitioners. They sent practitioners to a detention center or brainwashing class held in the Agricultural Skills School. Whoever had not written a so-called "Guarantee Statement" or was considered to be still practicing would be arrested. It is known that practitioner Sun Zhigang and Liu Jun were held at the County Custodial Center. Five practitioners, including Zheng Guijie, were sent to the Tuanhe Labor Camp in Beijing. As a result, lots of families were not able to work on their autumn harvest; elderly people and children were left home without care and lots of practitioners could not reunite with their families during the Full Moon Holiday. All practitioners in Chenjiaying Village were arrested only because some Dafa materials were found there. According to reliable sources, about 50 practitioners are being held in the brainwashing class now.

[Changchun City, Jilin Province] Arrest of Changchun Dafa Practitioners Zheng Weidong and his Wife

At the beginning of 2001, police arrested Zheng Weidong, a teacher from Jilin Province Advanced Electronic Information Technical School when he did some Dafa work, together with several fellow practitioners. He was thrown into Tiebei Detention Center in Changchun City and his whereabouts are unknown.

His wife, a teacher from Jilin University who holds Master's degree in mathematics, was expelled from party membership for insisting on practicing Falun Dafa. On March 2, 2001, officials of the University deceived her with her 4-year-old daughter into going to the university and forcibly sent them to a brainwashing class organized by Nanguan District. She strongly argued on just grounds with the chief of the brainwashing class. She validated the righteousness of Dafa and did not accept the evil's arrangements. On the same night, mother and daughter walked out, even though they were under 24-hour police surveillance. They are now living in hiding.

[Shanghai City] A Story of Sending Forth Righteous Thoughts

I couldn't feel anything during the process of sending forth righteous thoughts. What happened yesterday, though, made me feel the mighty power of righteous thoughts. A while ago, while I was in a restaurant located in Jinmao Building in Shanghai City, I noticed there were lots of propaganda posters along the corridor. Among them were several articles maliciously attacking Dafa. I couldn't tear them off; they were glued very strongly. I lacerated one of them with a knife and destroyed another under them as they were tightly glued to the wall. I cut one of them apart with a knife and destroyed another one as other people watched me. A month later I found the evil forces didn't remove it even though it was already cut apart. They just let it continue to poison people who lined up there to buy food. I thought I couldn't let it be and I sent forth righteous thoughts for two or three minutes. When I went there two or three days later, I found out that all the slanderous posters, including those that were not destroyed, were all removed. Meanwhile, none of the other articles were changed.