I am a Falun Gong practitioner in Jilin City, Jilin Province. On December 27, 1999 the Beijing Public Security Bureau illegally detained me when I went to validate Falun Dafa for the second time in Tiananmen Square in Beijing. The deputies of the Jilin liaison office in Beijing forcefully escorted me back to Jilin and put me under house arrest.

On January 12, 2000 the deputies from the Fengman Branch Office of Jilin City Public Security Bureau sent me to the Huanxiling Labor Camp in Jilin, and illegally sentenced me to one year "labor re-education." However, the labor camp did not release me after I finished serving the sentence. Instead, they illegally added another six months of detention because of my firm commitment to practicing Falun Dafa. During these six months I was transferred to the Yinmahe Labor Camp in Jiutai City, Jilin Province. During my detention at the Jiutai Labor Camp, their re-education task force and political instructor met with me. They asked me to renounce Dafa. I flatly refused and told them that I'd rather die than give up Dafa. Jiutai Labor Camp then illegally added another two months of detention, for a total of 8 months extra.

On September 12, Jiutai Labor Camp transferred us back to the various local police stations. At the local police station I was handcuffed to an iron bed. I protested to the police and asked them to release the handcuffs. They declined and told me that they did not like to do this, but they had no choice because of orders from higher up. Furthermore, they told me that I would be sent to a brainwashing class on September 14. Right there and then I sternly stated to them, "I absolutely have done nothing wrong. I was unjustly sentenced to labor re-education. I was released without any criminal charges even after a further 8 months of extended detention. I had not even returned home upon release, yet I was handcuffed and brought here without any charges whatsoever." I demanded to see the official paper work for my detention but they could not produce them. I told them that I would file charges against them for their knowingly violating the law as law enforcement agents. I told them from this point on I would be on hunger strike. I would not take a single drop of water or a grain of rice. If I were to be sent to the brainwashing class, I would just lie there for the whole day. I would not cooperate with them on anything, unless they released me.

In the afternoon the "xx" party secretary and the vice-secretary of the neighborhood association came to the police station. Again I raised the question why they were detaining me. They could not give me an answer. Finally secretary Sha said, "The reason is that you practice Falun Gong and you refuse to renounce it. In order to be released you have to sign the affidavit promising not to practice Falun Gong, and pay 600 Yuan RMB. Then we can release you." I rebutted, "Why should I sign the affidavit and give you 600 Yuan RMB? I practice Falun Gong because Dafa is good. If I wanted to write the affidavit I would not have stayed for so long at the labor camp. How could you get me to give in when the labor camp failed? I have my right of freedom of belief." The two secretaries left after they ran out of ideas.

In the evening the neighborhood resident association made arrangements to have their resident director pay me a visit in the police station. I gave it plenty of thought that evening. I thought to myself that I must not be influenced by the evil forces; I must not cooperate with them whatever plans they might come up with. For the next two days I did not cooperate with them, nor did I follow their orders. I tried my best to escape but did not succeed because I did not have strong righteous thoughts. One morning they finally were ready to send me to the brainwashing class. I told them I wanted to go home. But they refused to let me go. I tried to reason with them. They still refused to let me go. Finally I told them that I would hold them responsible for all consequences.

After I returned to my room I suddenly realized that something was not right. If I could not walk out of here simply because they refused to release me, then clearly I was constrained by the evil forces. I am a Dafa practitioner, and I should not allow them to drag me off to the brainwashing class. I must walk out of here because there is so much Dafa validating work waiting for me to do. I just have to get out of here regardless. As soon as my righteous thoughts emerged, I started walking down the stairs. I saw the police chief and the secretary both resting in bed. I said to them, "I am leaving." They looked at me without uttering a word. I kept walking to the gate. I looked back and did not see them follow me. I walked for another 20 meters along the highway and they still did not come out. A bus came right at that time. I hopped onto the bus, and rejoined the torrent of Fa rectification.

Later on, the police found out that I disappeared and sent people out to look for me. They sent out search teams trying to catch me. But they just could not catch me. From this incident, I realized that as a Dafa practitioner, we must always follow the Fa, and send out righteous thoughts. Only by doing so can we stop the evil and bring forth the mighty virtue of Dafa.