I walked onto Tiananmen Square with another practitioner in the sunlight of a new century. It was around nine o'clock in the morning and there were not many pedestrians around. Police cars were circling in the square and police (in uniforms or plainclothes) were running around like wolves.

The number of tourists increased as we approached the memorial. Suddenly, the sound of "Falun Dafa is good" echoed in the sky. One male practitioner in his fifties held up a banner with "Falun Dafa is the righteous law" to demonstrate to the world. More than a dozen policemen as well as police cars instantly rushed to him. These "wolves" punched and kicked him and then threw him into the car. A large crowd of tourists came over like an ocean wave to observe this. Police yelled at these viewers rudely and tried to drive them away.

The crowd then went on to the southeast corner where five Korean practitioners were displaying two banners, three meters long and one meter wide, written in Korean. The banners were confiscated and the five practitioners were knocked to the ground. Shortly after, a police car full of practitioners drove over. The plainclothes agents stuffed the five practitioners into the car and drove off.

The chanting of "Falun Dafa is good" and "Falun Dafa is the righteous law" appeared everywhere on the square, which was heart-shocking. The most admirable scene was that of a young male practitioner who held up a banner and circled around the center of the square. The police dashed to him but he cleverly moved aside. Another agent tried to tackle him but he got away. He kept chanting: "Falun Dafa is good." The yellow banner with red characters shone in his hands and was very visually appealing. He raced about in the form of the letter "z," outraging the police since they failed to catch him. It took more than a dozen undercover agents to surround him in order to catch him in the end. He was severely beaten, choked and thrown into the police car.

At that moment, the police noticed that two practitioners were taking photos. They instantly ran over and broke both of the cameras and beat the two practitioners until their faces were swollen. The onlookers were all talking about this. Watching the vicious policemen, one middle-aged intellectual could not help saying: "They are truly scum." Another person, however, said: "They are worse than scum."

We left Tiananmen Square around eleven o'clock. The magnificent scene of practitioners protecting the Fa, however, still continued.

Practitioner in Mainland China

January 1, 2001