[Beijing] Practitioners win the admiration of many high-level police leaders

According to people who know them personally, many leaders of the Chinese Bureau of Public Security are impressed by the courage that practitioners have shown, especially for putting up Falun Gong posters in many Chinese cities to expose the crimes committed by Jiang Zemin and his followers. Even though they do not dare to speak up in public, they admit in private that they are moved by the selflessness of the practitioners. One said, "What Jiang fears the most is the truth-clarifying material, which directly exposes him. Jiang's reaction proves that this was the right thing to do."

[Changchun] Falun Gong banners appear on the streets of Changchun

On the morning of December 8th, many Falun Gong banners appeared on the side of many Changchun streets. The banners read; "Falun Dafa is good", "Clear the name of Falun Gong", among others. Many local residents stopped to read the banners, many of which were still there as late as 12pm. The practitioners and kind-hearted local citizens are asking the following: Clear the name of Master Li! Clear the name of Falun Gong! Stop the slandering and the persecution of Falun Gong! Release all jailed Falun Gong practitioners! Punish the people who are responsible for the death of practitioners!

[XX City] Practitioners distribute tens of thousands of Falun Gong flyers everyday in a certain northwestern Chinese city

The practitioners in a certain northwestern Chinese city are working diligently and resourcefully to distribute Falun Gong material. They are able to pass out between ten thousand and twenty thousand copies of material everyday. Almost everyone living in the city is aware of the persecution of the practitioners, and now the practitioners are working hard to spread the message to the surrounding rural and countryside.

In addition, on the morning of December 5th, the Falun Gong music of "Pudu" was suddenly heard over the air of a notorious northwestern detention center. What followed was a broadcast program of the Falun Gong Radio Station. The detention center is currently holding several dozen practitioners. The music and the radio broadcast not only encouraged the practitioners who are being detained there, but also served as a warning against the evil forces behind the persecution.

[Beijing] More and more practitioners step forward onto Tiananmen Square

During the past few days, more and more practitioners have gone to Tiananmen Square to hold appeals for Falun Gong. According to police reports, each day between six hundred and seven hundred practitioners have been arrested during the past two days. In the morning of December 9th around 11am, there were nearly as many practitioners holding appeal for Falun Gong on Tiananmen Square as those on October 1st (the Chinese National Day). Groups of practitioners held their appeals everywhere on the huge square. Truth-clarifying material was scattered around like snowflakes. So many practitioners were arrested that the police brought in all the vehicles at their disposal, big and small, but still did not have enough room to hold everyone. For many practitioners, it was the first time for them to hold appeals on Tiananmen Square.

[Beijing] Practitioner Guo Wei sentenced to 5 years in prison

On October 21st, the Beijing Xicheng Court handed out a 5-year prison term to practitioner Guo Wei for the "crimes" of "printing large amounts of Falun Gong material" and "visiting other practitioners." His wife Zhou Jin was not charged due to her pregnancy, but has been placed under close police surveillance. Other practitioners who were arrested along with Guo Wei will be "tried" separately.

Guo Wei and Zhou Jin were married in April of 2000. They were both arrested at their home on July 13th. Guo Wei was arrested and taken away first. Three plainclothes agents (probably from the 11th Police Division) then tried to take Zhou Jin away without presenting an arrest warrant. She refused to go with them, went into a room, and locked the door. She told the agents that she was pregnant, and they should not treat her violently. The agents first shouted at her outside of the room. They then smashed the window, broke the door down, and arrested her by force. Later on, when they were asked about it, they had the audacity to say, "Who broke the door? All three of us saw nothing!"

During the arrest, the three powerfully built agents pushed the small and pregnant Zhou Jin down to the ground, held her arms from the back, and dragged her from the room. Her clothes were torn and did not decently cover her body. The injuries of her eyes, knees and lower legs can still be seen today. Despite being on the verge of losing consciousness, she still cried out, "Practicing Falun Gong is not a crime! Falun Dafa is innocent!" Neighbors gathered around to see what was happening. What they saw angered them all, but they did not dare to say anything.

During his "trial" on October 21st, Guo Wei was completely calm and relaxed. In the closing of his self defense, he said, "Falun Dafa is the true law of the universe. Truthfulness-Benevolence-Forbearance is the sole criterion to discern good and bad people." The judge interrupted him angrily, "Who told you to say these things?" Faced with an unfair and unreasonable trial, Guo Wei calmly said in closing, "I urge everyone to give up the evil ways and start doing good deeds."

At the beginning when the crackdown first occurred, the friends and families of many practitioners could not understand their behavior. But as the persecution continues, more and more people begin to despise it, and have come to admire the selfless, courageous and determined spirits of practitioners. Just like Master Li said, "Doesn't each and every one of the 100 million-plus Falun Gong practitioners have family, children, and friends? Is that just an issue of the 100 million people? It's very likely a real issue concerning even more people."

[Anhui Province] Local practitioners uphold the Fa with determination

In the beginning of December, numerous Falun Gong banners appeared on all the major overpass bridges of a certain city in the Anhui Province, and many of them were not taken down for hours.

Five practitioners from Huoshan County, Anhui Province went to Tiananmen Square to appeal for Falun Gong at the beginning of November. They were arrested and sent back, where they remain jailed to this day. During their detention, the evil policemen not only beat and electrocuted them, but also sodomized them. While interrogating the practitioners, the police held down the practitioners and then urinated into their mouths directly. One police proceeded to push a pair of glasses into the anus of one practitioner. Are these "People's Police" really human or are they just animals?

The head of Huoshan Police Department 1st Division with the surname of Zhao is the person in charge of interrogating the practitioners. The main switchboard of the police department is (86) 564-5024701, then ask for the 1st Division.

[Beijing] Yayunchun Police confiscate personal property of practitioner

Around the beginning of November, because a practitioner made several dozen copies of material from Minghui, the police from the Yayunchun Police Station broke into his home and confiscated one copy machine and a fax machine. The two machines are valued at around fifteen thousand Yuan (a year and half of an average salary). No one knows if the police have taken the machines home for their own personal use. In addition, two practitioners were arrested, and one was not released until a month later.

[Mainland] Two Chinese universities take steps to persecute practitioners

Ni Xiaozhen, 22, was a student at the Wuhan Survey Technical University since 1997. Because she went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong and insisted on practicing Falun Gong, she was suspended from school for one year. During her suspension, school officials called her many times and ordered her to write a statement promising to give up Falun Gong. She continues to refuse to do so, and has not been allowed to return to school.

Zhao Xunming, 21, was a student at the Xian Jiaotong University since 1997. He went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong in October of 1999 by himself after Falun Gong was branded a XX. He was arrested and brought back to the school. He insisted on practicing Falun Gong and was suspended from school for one year. During that time, the school repeatedly told him that the only way for him to be allowed back to school is to write statements attacking Falun Gong and Master Li. He refused to do so, and has been forced to leave his home and work as a temp in another city.

[Daqing City] Policeman Ma Yunfeng extorts money from the families of practitioners

Ma Yunfeng works in the Political Security Department of the Daqing Longfeng Police Station. Since July of 1999, he has employed scare tactics and demanded the families of many practitioners to give him large sums of money or expensive gifts. If the family refused to do so, the practitioner would remain jailed when his term was up, or even sent to the labor camps. The relatives and friends of many practitioners have given him large sums of money but have not dared to say anything. Even if they had wanted to say something, there would be no place for them to go to make their case. Because of that, Ma has become more and more audacious, and his demands have gotten bigger and bigger.

[Mainland] A state-owned company steps up persecution of Falun Gong practitioners

Recently, a certain stated-owned Chinese company released a new decree from the company's Communist Party Committee, and issued a new executive order. The two decrees state that any employee who goes to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong will be fired immediately, and, if belonging to the Communist Party, will have his Party membership revoked. In addition, any retiree of the company who goes to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong will receive no further pension payment.

Two employees of this company went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong in October. After they were arrested and sent back, they were both thrown into the local detention center for a month, and fined 4000 Yuan (4 months of an average salary) each. Knowing that their families were eager to secure their release, the local police openly extorted even more money from them. One family was forced to pay an additional 10,000 Yuan as "bail money." One of the two practitioners has already been fired from her job. The second practitioner was fined another 20,000 Yuan, and had her pension suspended. A third employee went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong in November. When she was sent back, the company fined her more than 10,000 Yuan and placed her under surveillance.

This company also forced every employee to fill out a form declaring what he or she felt about Falun Gong. The employees had to answer whether they enthusiastically supported the crackdown, were against the crackdown, or felt unsure. Many practitioners felt that it was a test for practitioners and non-practitioners alike and gave people the opportunity to choose their own future. Some practitioners refused to answer the question, and persuaded their family members to do the same to fight against the evils. Some practitioners openly stated that they were against the crackdown. Many employees of the company were extremely annoyed by this, saying that things like this did not occur even during the Cultural Revolution, and that the company has no regard for the individual rights and freedom of the people.

At the beginning of November, the local police opened up a "class" for Falun gong practitioners. Every person who was considered to be a determined practitioner was forced to attend the class along with one member of his family and two co-workers. The practitioners were held responsible for all the expenses associated with the class. When a practitioner was caught going to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong, visiting other practitioners, or distributing Falun Gong material, all of his supervisors at different levels would be punished along with him.

[Yi County, Hebei Province] The evil deeds committed by the Yi County police

Practitioner Guo Jin was caught and arrested when he went out to distribute Falun Gong flyers. Twenty people from the county government and police department surrounded his house with shovels in hand. They demanded his family to pay a fine of 40,000 Yuan; otherwise they would tear down the house on the spot. In the Chinese countryside, the income of an average farming family is only a few thousand Yuan per year. It is not hard to imagine how heavy of a burden the 40,000 Yuan really is to this family. They were left with no choice, and had to borrow money from many of their neighbors to scrape together the money. Guo Jin remains jailed to this day.

The cellular phone number of Yi County Police Department Chief Zhang Jianhua is 1383127499.

[Lanzhou City, Shanxi Province] Minbai Shopping Center continues to persecute practitioners

Three female practitioners worked for the Minbai Shopping Center in the city of Lanzhou. All the customers loved them, as they treated people with kindness and warmth. But because they insisted on practicing Falun Gong and went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong, the shopping center demoted them to serve as janitors. The three practitioners made no complaints at all and took their jobs as janitors very seriously. In early October, a giant banner with the words of "Falun Dafa is good" appeared on a major overpass bridge near the shopping center. The local police were extremely alarmed by it and suspected that these three women were responsible for putting it there. The police ransacked the homes of the women and threw them into the Dashaping Police Station for more than ten days. But due to the lack of evidence, they were forced to release the three women in the end. Meanwhile, the shopping center showed no sympathy for their plight. Instead, it completely disregarded the regulations in the "Chinese Labor Law" and fired the three women, claiming that they had missed too many days of work due to their arrest. The three women lost their livelihood, and as a result, their families are suffering a great deal of hardship.

The manager of the Minbai Shopping Center is Wang Lijie, and his telephone number (86) 931-8817499.

[Lanzhou City, Shanxi Province] The Story of female practitioner Ma Yun

Ma Yun, 53, is from a Muslim family. She first began to practice Falun Gong in 1995 and used to be a volunteer assistant at the Square Xikou site, the biggest practicing site in Lanzhou. She was arrested and taken away from her home in the early morning hours of July 20th, 1999, and subsequently was illegally detained for 20 days. She went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong in December of 1999 and was arrested again. She held a hunger strike for 5 days in protest and was released on the 9th day of her detention. On January 16th, 2000, she was arrested a third time for taking part in a group practice session. She has been held at the Dashaping Detention Center since that day.

She has repeatedly conducted hunger strikes to protect her legal rights. In spite of being locked up at the detention center, Ma Yun continues to upgrade her xinxing (moral character) in everything that she does, and has gained the respect and admiration of the prison guards and fellow inmates. The agents from the 6.23 office (in charge of the Falun Gong "problem") thought that she would be vulnerable and easily swayed, since she had been locked up for so long without any contact with the outside world, and had virtually no opportunity to study the Fa. So, they sent in a former practitioner who has been "transformed" to talk to her. How could they know that even while in prison, Ma Yun has remained a determined cultivator and kept the teaching of the Fa in her heart? Before that person could finish talking, Ma Yun got up and sternly shouted, "You, get out of here." That person was so scared that she ran away in a hurry.

[Quqing City, Yunnan Province] Practitioners persecuted for practicing Falun Gong exercise openly

Because they openly practiced Falun Gong outdoors and refused to write pledges promising to give up Falun Gong, many practitioners in the city of Quqing have been arrested and detained. The homes of many former volunteer assistants have been ransacked. Some practitioners are forced to report their every movement to the police, some have been placed under constant surveillance, and some have been fired from their jobs. In some cases, even their children, relatives and friends, who were not Falun Gong practitioners, were punished as well.

More than twenty practitioners from Quqing and the surrounding counties of Xuanwei and Huize went to Beijing to protest their mistreatment around Master Li's birthday in May. Their employers discovered their plans, and sent policemen to arrest and bring them back from the train to Beijing.

The following practitioners were among the local practitioners who have been sent to the labor camps:

Wang Yuping, the deputy head of the former Quqing Falun Gong Assistance Center, sentenced to three years in the labor camps

Wang Lanlan, a worker at the Quqing Textile Factory, former volunteer assistant, sentenced to two years in the labor camps

A teacher at the Quqing Finance College with the last name of Rao, sentenced to two years in the labor camps