Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Liaoning Man Endures Two Forced Labor Terms for Upholding His Faith

Sept. 22, 2022 |   By a Minghui correspondent in Liaoning Province, China

(Minghui.org) Mr. Liu Jizhi, 51, is a resident from Dalian City, Liaoning Province. He took up Falun Gong in 1997, two years before the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) began to persecute the practice. As he held firm in his faith in the face of the persecution, he suffered two forced labor terms and multiple detentions.

Mr. Liu was arrested in front of the Dalian Municipal Government on July 20, 1999, the day when the CCP officially launched the persecution. He was released after one day of detention.

While he was distributing materials about Falun Gong on January 26, 2001, the police tracked him down and tricked him into coming to the Yingchengzi Police Station, where he was interrogated with torture for a day for the names of other practitioners.

The police handcuffed him behind his back during the interrogation. The handcuffs were so tight that they cut into his flesh, causing both of his hands to become swollen. The police smashed beer bottles into his thighs, punched him in the chest, and blew cigarette smoke on him. Afterwards, he was taken to Nanguanling Detention Center, where he was kept for more than 30 days.

Mr. Liu was taken to Dalian Labor Camp on March 1, 2001, to serve a one-year term. The labor camp director Zhang Baolin, guards Jing Dianke and Zhu Fengshan, took turns beating him. He lost the hearing in his left ear as a result. He was released on February 28, 2002.

Three months later, on May 26, 2002, Mr. Liu was reported to the authorities when he handed out Falun Gong materials. He was arrested shortly afterwards and taken to Lushun Detention Center, where he was held for 30 days. He was again taken to Dalian Labor Camp on June 25, 2002, this time to serve a two-year term. He was released on October 12, 2003.

During his second forced labor term, the village head Liu Wanhong, together with Yi Quanhong, the representative of the National People’s Congress, occupied a piece of his land and built a food processing factory on it. His other piece of land was also seized to build a large pool. Mr. Liu did not receive any compensation.

Zhou Yongkang, then Minister of Public Security, came to Dalian in 2004, and orchestrated the mass arrest of Falun Gong practitioners. Although Mr. Liu managed to escape, he was forced to live a life of displacement and hardship.

Through monitoring Mr. Liu’s cellphone, the police followed him and arrested him on July 13, 2008. They took him to Changlingzi Police Station, where officers from the local 610 Office, Cao Shansong, Jiao Jian and Mou Liang and others tortured him. They rolled up magazines to hit him in the face, smeared his face with mustard oil, shocked him with a high-voltage electric baton until it ran out of battery, and blew pepper gas into his face. Police officer Jiao Jian and Cao Shan Song said to Mr. Liu during torture: “Killing you is just like killing an ant.”

Later, officers Shi Xiaoji and Zhu Bin took Mr. Liu to Nanguanling Detention Center, where he held for 30 days before being transferred to Fushun Brainwashing Class. He wasn’t released until another 28 days later.