Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Husband and Wife Die Five Years Apart As a Result of the Persecution of Their Faith

May 11, 2022 |   By a Minghui correspondent in Liaoning Province, China


Name: Liu HexianChinese Name: 刘贺鲜Gender: MaleAge: 69City: DalianProvince: LiaoningOccupation: N/ADate of Death: September 9, 2021Date of Most Recent Arrest: UnknownMost Recent Place of Detention: Mouping District Detention Center

Name: Wang YanjieChinese Name: 王艳杰Gender: FemaleAge: 64City: DalianProvince: LiaoningOccupation: N/ADate of Death: March 16, 2016Date of Most Recent Arrest: Summer of 2009Most Recent Place of Detention: Minzhuguangchang Police Station

After a married couple in Dalian City, Liaoning Province took up Falun Gong in 1996, they stopped fighting with each other and were able to enjoy a happy marriage. Both of them also saw their health improve. But because of upholding their faith after the communist regime ordered the persecution of Falun Gong in 1999, they were subjected to constant harassment and arrests. Five years after the wife passed away in 2016, the husband also died.

Timeline of Persecution

Ms. Wang Yanjie went to Beijing on July 20, 1999, and October 27, 2000, to appeal for the right to practice Falun Gong. She was arrested the second time and held at the Mouping District Detention Center in nearby Yantai City, Shandong Province.

Ms. Wang was arrested again on March 1, 2001, and held at the Mouping District Detention Center until April 1, 2001.

While Ms. Wang escaped an arrest on September 3, 2003, her husband, Mr. Liu Hexian, was arrested. He was held at the Mouping District Detention Center and released on bail on September 29.

Ms. Wang was forced to live away from home for the next three years to hide from the police. As the police couldn’t find her, they arrested Mr. Liu again at his workplace and ransacked their home.

At the detention center, the guards tied his toes against toothbrushes. They also pressed him against the ground and whipped him with a leather belt. His buttocks severely swelled and he was unable to sit. When his family visited him, at least ten guards stood between them and didn’t allow him to talk.

The police took most valuables from the couple’s home. Some stayed at their place, waiting to arrest Ms. Wang if she came back. Their landline was also monitored.

When Mr. Liu was released, the 610 Office agents extorted 2,000 yuan from him. The physical damage he suffered at the detention center rendered him unable to work. He was thus fired by his workplace in 2005.

The couple was both arrested on September 29, 2006, and held at the Mouping District Detention Center until October 28, 2006. Shortly after, the authorities suspended Ms. Wang’s pension. When the couple went to the local social security bureau to demand the reinstatement of their pension, they were arrested again and held at the Mouping District Detention Center.

Ms. Wang was arrested one more time in the summer of 2009 for talking to people about Falun Gong. She was held at the Minzhuguangchang Police Station for two days and then released.

The police searched her home when no one was present. They took away her computer and paper cutter. The police harassed her a few more times after she was released. They also took her to the hospital for a physical examination in preparation to detain her but relented as she was found to have a medical condition.

After enduring persecution for nearly two decades, Ms. Wang passed away on March 16, 2016. She was 64.

Her passing dealt Mr. Liu a heavy blow. His health kept declining over the years. He died on September 9, 2021. He was 69.