Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Two Town Officials, Two Different Fates

Jan. 10, 2022 |   By a Falun Dafa practitioner in China

(Minghui.org) There is a time-honored saying in Chinese traditional culture: “Good is rewarded and evil is punished.” An abundance of evidence across many cultures seems to bear this out. As an example, I would like to share the fates of two officials in our town in China.

Blessed for Doing Good

A former secretary of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) in a village in our town took up the position of the CCP branch secretary and head of the village in 1984. He then became the village CCP secretary in 1999. He is a kindhearted man and well thought of by the locals.

Over a dozen people were practicing Falun Gong in his village when the CCP (headed by Jiang Zemin at the time) launched the nationwide persecution of the practice in July 1999.

He recognized that these Falun Gong practitioners were all good people. For example, some of the women hadn’t been respectful of their parents-in-law in the past but became very good daughters-in-law after they took up Falun Gong. In households where the mothers and daughters-in-law used to quarrel all the time, the grudges between them disappeared after they started practicing Falun Gong.

He also recalled how Falun Gong practitioners had helped make his job easier: When the township government urged people to pay their fees, such as for public welfare, village administrative fees, or education surcharges, most people were unwilling to pay up. They argued with the village cadres and made things very hard for him to handle as the head of the village.

However, the situation changed after some people started practicing Falun Gong. Whenever a payment was due, as soon as the notice was broadcast in the village, practitioners showed up right away to make their payments. Their cooperative attitude helped change the situation and made the job a lot easier for the village cadres. “Falun Gong practitioners are good people and are doing only good things!” he thought.

However, the nationwide attack on Falun Gong was overwhelming at the time, and the practitioners in the village were rounded up by the township officials and held in the village headquarters. They were not allowed to go home, and each one of them had 5,000 yuan extorted from them for “living expenses.”

The village secretary had to appear to cooperate with the township government, but he once mentioned to someone that the Falun Gong practitioners had indeed become very good after they took up the practice and that it was really cruel to treat them like this.

The money extorted from them was kept in the village office. After the township officials left, the village secretary returned the money to the practitioners.

The next day when the township officials came back to pick up the money, they were told that the money had been given back to the practitioners. Angry, they reported the incident to the township CCP secretary.

It turned out that some family members of the township CCP secretary also practiced Falun Gong, so he did not want to make a fuss about it and said, “If the money has already been given back, then so be it.”

The village secretary was kind to Falun Gong practitioners. He was later blessed with good rewards.

He ran a cold storage business at the time and made a nice profit on whatever he stocked up on, be it potatoes, garlic moss, or celery. Everything went well. His family built two new houses between 2000 and 2007.

Now the former village secretary enjoys a happy and prosperous life, with two sons, three grandsons, and one granddaughter.

Evil Meets Retribution

The CCP secretary of a neighboring village experienced a totally different fate for what he did.

When the persecution of Falun Gong started, he followed the instructions from above and rounded up more than 20 practitioners in his village and detained them in the village office. The practitioners were not allowed to go home and their families had to deliver food to them.

On the evening of July 20, 1999, he locked up a number of practitioners in a garage as a form of torture. He considered them the leaders of the local group. The temperature was around 36°C (96.8 °F) that day, and it was extremely hot and stuffy in the garage. During the day, he also forced the practitioners to lie on a concrete floor on their stomachs out in the scorching sun.

Not long after, his wife came down with an incurable disease, which plagued her for six years before she finally died. During that time, they spent all their savings and racked up a debt of 20,000 yuan to the neighboring villagers. He also lost his post as the CCP secretary of the village a long time ago.

Several villagers commented that the village secretary really went over-the-top in what he did, because the practitioners didn’t do anything wrong or violate any law. They believe he was receiving karmic retribution for treating Falun Gong practitioners so cruelly.