Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

78-year-old Woman Tried for Her Faith

Oct. 10, 2021 |   By a Minghui correspondent in Hebei Province, China

(Minghui.org) A 78-year-old woman in Fengning County, Hebei Province is awaiting a verdict at home, following a court hearing for hanging up a banner about Falun Gong.

Falun Gong, also known as Falun Dafa, is a spiritual discipline that has been persecuted by the Chinese communist regime since 1999.

Ms. Wang Rong was arrested in September 2020 for hanging up the banner on a hill. After releasing her on bail, the police submitted her case to the Luanping County Procuratorate.

Several staff members from the Luanping County Procuratorate showed up at Ms. Wang’s home in late July 2021. As she wasn’t home when they arrived, they ordered her son to call her. After Ms. Wang came home, they asked her whether it was she who hung up the banner. She said yes and was then shown a document. Being illiterate, she thought that the document was for her to confirm that she hung up the banner, so she signed her name per their request. The staffers, who refused to explain what the document was about, then said she could have her son read the document after they left. 

Ms. Wang learned from her son that the document was actually about her “admitting guilt.” To avoid further persecution, Ms. Wang moved in with her daughter to hide from the police, only to be arrested there on September 12, 2021, by Kong Yansong and Li Changgui of the Fengning County Domestic Security Office.

While in the car going back to Fengning County, Kong slandered Falun Gong and its founder. After they arrived, the police didn’t go back to their police station, but took Ms. Wang to a hotel and stayed there overnight.

The police took Ms. Wang for a physical examination the next day and she was found to have extremely high blood pressure. In the evening, they took her to the Luanping County Court and asked whether she still practices Falun Gong. She said she would practice it forever.

The court held a hearing on September 14 and adjourned the session in less than one hour. She was taken back home after the hearing and is now awaiting the verdict.