Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Jiamusi Woman Arrested After Police Broke into Her Home

Jan. 4, 2021 |   By a Minghui correspondent in Heilongjiang Province, China

(Minghui.org) When Ms. Wu Yuying returned home after being out for a few hours on November 21, 2020, she found that her home key was no longer working. While the Jiamusi City, Heilongjiang Province, resident was still puzzled, a few police officers came up from behind and opened the door. She saw an unfamiliar scene at her home and realized that the police had broken into her home and raided it while nobody was around. 

One officer flashed a piece of paper in front of Ms. Wu and claimed it was the search warrant. Before Ms. Wu had a chance to read it, the officer put it back and searched her home again. Her Falun Gong books, photos of Falun Gong’s founder, a computer, a printer, four cellphones, a few memory cards, and media players were confiscated.

The 69-year-old woman was so traumatized that her heart was pounding and her hands were shaking. The police targeted her because of her faith in Falun Gong, a spiritual discipline that has been persecuted by the Chinese communist regime since 1999. She has been arrested and detained four times during the past 20 years for upholding her faith. 

Following her latest arrest, Ms. Wu was taken to Songlin Police Station first, then to a hospital for physical exam, and back to the police station. The police tried to deceive her into signing her name on a piece of blank paper but she realized the trick and tore it up.

The police called her family to come to the police station later in the day and told them that she would be detained for ten days. They also called her daughter, who was working out of town, with her cellphone and complained about her filing complaints against the persecution.

After the police received Ms. Wu's physical examination report, they took her to the local detention center, which refused to accept her due to her not passing the physical.

Ms. Wu was taken back to the police station and later released. The police gave her new keys for her home before she left. They said they had to replace the lock after they damaged her lock while prying the door open.