Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

My Husband Firmly Believes in Dafa Despite Trials and Tribulations

Sept. 20, 2020 |   By a Falun Dafa practitioner from Hebei Province, China

(Minghui.org) I started practicing Falun Dafa in August of 1998. Before that, I had breast cancer and a mastectomy. Due to the advanced stage of the cancer, the wound would not heal and kept filling with pus, so I had to go to the hospital every two days to have it dressed.

About a month or so passed, and the wound was getting more and more serious. I was scared and anxious. I was only 38 years old, and I felt very sad. I thought life was filled with suffering, that there was no hope, and that I would rather die. I stopped eating and drinking. My husband was very worried and upset and didn’t know what to do.

Just then, a colleague came to visit me and brought me a copy of Zhuan Falun.He encouraged me to practice Falun Dafa and told me about the power of this cultivation practice. I was very impressed. When I opened the book and saw Master Li's picture, he looked so familiar. I knew I had seen Master before, but I couldn't remember where. I started to read, and seven days later, my surgical wound no longer hurt!

My husband witnessed my recovery and decided to read Zhuan Falun, too. When he opened the book, he saw the Falun image rotating and the words inside were layers and layers of Gods and Buddhas.

Suffering Due to the Persecution

The Chinese Communist Party (CCP) began to persecute Falun Dafa in July 1999. I went to Beijing twice to speak up for and validate Dafa. The first time was on July 20, 1999. Other practitioners and I set out on our bicycles but were stopped before we got there. The second time was in December 2000. At that time my mother was ill at home. My husband understood the consequences of this trip, but he said, “Go ahead, I'll take care of her. Don't worry. You are doing the right and important thing.”

As soon as the other practitioners and I arrived at Tiananmen Square, we were arrested and escorted to the Tiananmen Police Station. Then we were transferred to a detention center and later to my province's liaison office in Beijing. After that we were picked up by our local police, detained at the police station for 15 days, and then transferred to a brainwashing center.

My husband went to the police department and the police station to ask for my release. He told them that Dafa is good, that practitioners are all good people, and that they have benefited from Dafa.

At home he found truth clarification materials that I hadn't handed out. He distributed them to every household and to everyone he met. At that time he didn't yet practice Dafa. He was also under a lot of pressure, as he was laid off and had no job. We needed money to pay for school for our child, and our finances were tight. He looked for a job and always clarified the truth about Dafa wherever he went.

After I returned home, people from the police station and the neighborhood committee came to harass me. My husband dealt with them every time. He said, “Master Li saved her life. How could she not practice such a wonderful cultivation way? Can you give her life?” My husband's firm righteous thoughts about Dafa left them all speechless.

Even during the CCP virus pandemic, in our tightly sealed off neighborhood, my husband often told people the truth about Falun Gong and advised them to withdraw from the CCP and its youth organizations.

He was very anxious when he saw that so many people had died in Wuhan, and he said he wished he could go to Wuhan to awaken the consciences of more people. My husband has now started to cultivate Dafa, and he said he would not let Master down.