Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

My Journey of Persistently Clarifying the Facts to People During the Pandemic

Aug. 20, 2020 |   By a Falun Dafa practitioner in Wuhan City, Hubei Province

(Minghui.org) I began practicing Falun Dafa on April 28, 1996, and am now 72 years old. I had multiple illnesses before and couldn’t keep up at work, so I was assigned to the reception office until I retired. After I started practicing Falun Dafa, all my illnesses were resolved and I experienced many amazing things. I’d like to tell you what I experienced when I went out to save sentient beings during the onset of the coronavirus.

Breaking Through Interference

My husband went to work in the morning on Chinese New Year’s Eve but returned unexpectedly. I asked, “Why are you back so soon?” He said, “The city’s locked down. There’s no public transportation. I had to walk for over an hour to get back.” Then he told me it was because of the virus outbreak, which had become widespread.

I told him not to worry and that he would be blessed if he remembered the phrases “Falun Dafa is good” and “Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good.” I had planned to go out to clarify the facts to people about Falun Dafa and the persecution, but out of consideration for him, I decided to stay home and cook dinner. Because I didn’t go out to do what I had planned to do, I felt a bit down.

After I had breakfast with my son and husband the next morning, I planned to head out. As I walked to the door, they both tried to stop me. My son not only locked the door but also stood in front of it. My husband was upset and said, “The city’s locked down. There are no buses, no nothing. Everyone’s afraid of going out, why aren’t you? Sorry, you can’t go out today!”

I said, “You won’t let me, but I’ll still go out.” When he said he was determined to stop me, I said that I had to go. My words irritated him, and he kicked me. I lost my balance. I knew he was being interfered with. I sat down on a stool and said, “You aren’t in charge of me. I’ll go out for sure!”

Seeing that he couldn’t stop me, he said, “Okay, I won’t force you, but remember to put on a mask and make sure you wash your hands when you come back.” I agreed and then headed out.

That’s how I broke through my family's interference on Chinese New Year’s Day. Since then, every time I'm about to head out, my husband doesn't say anything–he just reminds me to wear a mask. That day, I also went through illness karma elimination. The first month of the lockdown, the same thing happened every day. It didn’t stop me from going out. I thought it was interference, so I refused to cooperate with it.

After the first two weeks, seeing that I was busy going out every day, my husband took over the cooking. I thought, “This is great! I can spend more time clarifying the truth to people.” He didn’t cook nearly as well as I did, but I didn’t mind. This also helped to eliminate my attachment to taste, which turned out to be a good thing. After 20 days, he stopped because he was told to return to work.

Saving People Despite the Strict Lockdown

On the 11th day, as soon as I headed out, I was stopped by a new community staff member. When I told him that I had to do some grocery shopping, he said the management office was taking care of buying groceries for residents. So, I had to head back. I spent the entire day at home reading the Fa.

After four days, I couldn’t stand being home any longer. I asked myself, “What kind of Fa-rectification period Dafa disciple am I?! Staying at home instead of going out to save people, how would that do?” I nearly wept and kept asking Master to help me. Around 5 p.m., I put on a mask and was about to leave. When my husband asked me, I told him that I needed to get some fresh air. He suggested I go to our building’s rooftop.

When I got there, I saw an elderly man. We exchanged greetings and had a chat. I found out that he was 62. After we talked for a little while, I began to clarify the facts. He agreed with everything I said and gave examples of how evil the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) was. I asked if he had joined the Party and if he'd like to quit. He said yes and decided to renounce his membership using his real name. Afterwards, I went downstairs to walk around the courtyard, where I met a young man. I helped him renounce his memberships from both the CCP's Communist Youth League and Young Pioneers with his real name. I feel that as long as we have the wish to save people, Master will arrange everything.

Meeting these two people showed me that I could still wake up people’s conscience in my own area. Our residential area is fairly big, and many people moved here from other places. Although some were afraid to go out, others went out to buy groceries. After I finished studying the Fa, I looked out the window to see how many people were on the streets. It was busiest between 10:30 a.m. and 12 p.m., so I went out during that time. I also went out during another high-traffic period, after 4 p.m.

Going Out to Save People

During those ten days, I was able to talk to almost everyone who went outside, including the community management committee members and security officers. I realized people had to go to the supermarkets to buy groceries, so I went there as well. One day, when I started talking to a woman at a supermarket, she kindly reminded me, “We chatted before, do you remember?” I said it was difficult to recognize people since everyone wore a mask. She suggested I go outside of our community to talk to people. No one would recognize me, so it would be safer than my own area. I thanked her. Before I left, I asked her to remember that Falun Dafa is good.

After we talked, I thought, “What she said makes sense. Isn’t it time to go outside my residential area?” First, I went to the management office. After I talked to most people there, I went to our community grocery store. I was shocked by the high prices. A cashier said, “You think this is high?! Go to a supermarket. It’s worse there.” When I told him I couldn’t go out, he said that starting from that day, everyone was allowed to go out for a couple of hours.

So, the following day I headed out at 8 a.m. At our residential area entrance, I saw many people getting their green passes scanned and their temperatures checked, but I just passed through. No one stopped me. I went to a supermarket, where I saw many people. Just as I was about to go inside, a security guard stopped me and asked to scan my green pass. I challenged him by saying that I had no problem getting out of our community. But he told me to go to the community management office.

After I left, I thought I shouldn’t waste my time and should try somewhere else. I found two smaller supermarkets, but they also required a green pass. I asked the security guard if he could let me in just for that day, and he agreed. When I went inside, I saw many shoppers. I talked to each one until 11 a.m. Then I headed home.

The next day, I went to the community management office to get an authorization letter. As soon as I went in, I was told the person in charge of this matter had just left. The other staff member asked me to leave my cell phone number with him, and he’d call me. However, it was past 4 p.m., but I still didn’t hear from him. So, I went back to the office. As soon as they saw me, they apologized. Then the person prepared the letter for me.

The next day morning, I wasn’t stopped or questioned at all and just walked out of our community. When I went to the supermarket to talk to people, it went very well. The supermarket was busy, and what I said was well received. I returned before noon, and again no one checked me. I began going out every day to talk to people, and I also bought a few groceries. When people from my community noticed that I came and went freely, they envied me and asked how I managed it. I told them about the authorization letter from the community management office. They said they’d been there a few times but had no luck. Then I understood why it went so smoothly for me and didn’t say anything else.

For the first 11 days, I went in and out without being stopped. However, on the 12th day, a security guard wanted to scan my green pass. I said I didn’t have one. Then he asked for my authorization letter. When I showed it to him, he shouted, “What kind of proof is this? It expired days ago. I want today’s letter!” He tore it up. I said I didn’t know and shouldn’t be treated like that. He said, “Okay.” But he was still rude and didn’t allow me to go out. I thought I shouldn’t argue with him and decided to head home.

I wondered: Things went smoothly for the past 11 days. Why did this happen? I realized nothing happens by accident. Since Master has given us the ability to looking inward, I should calm down and look within. I saw that my zealotry had flared up, so I quickly told Master in my heart, “Master, I was wrong. Without your protection, how could I pass through so smoothly? I only have the wish to save people. You have arranged everything for me, and all I did was to act on it.” I began to send forth strong righteous thoughts to eliminate my zealotry. The next day, I went to the community management office and got a new authorization letter.

When I went back to the entrance with the letter, the same security guard was there. It was like he was a completely different person. He didn’t ask me for the letter or check my temperature and just saw me off. After I came back, he smiled and said, “Welcome back!” I thanked him as I walked in and out. I came to realize that when we rectify ourselves, our environment also gets rectified. Cultivation is a serious matter, and one cannot do things with any human attachments mixed in. Only when we have a pure state of mind is what we do most sacred.

I am illiterate, so even though I have practiced Falun Dafa for more than 20 years, I’ve never written down any of my experiences. This time, benevolent Master arranged for another practitioner to help me write down my sharing. I will strive forward vigorously until the very end and return home with Master.