Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Hubei Man Reported by His Brother-in-law for Practicing Falun Gong, Sentenced to Seven Years

Oct. 14, 2020 |   By a Minghui correspondent in Hubei Province, China

(Minghui.org) For helping his sister due to the domestic violence she was suffering at the hands of her husband, Mr. Chen Dicai was reported by his brother-in-law for practicing Falun Gong. Mr. Chen was recently sentenced to seven years and is now awaiting his appeal hearing at Lufenglieshan No.1 Detention Center, where he has been held since his arrest over a year ago.

Falun Gong, also known as Falun Dafa, is an ancient spiritual discipline that has been persecuted by the Chinese communist regime since 1999.

Mr. Chen, a 38-year-old Huangshi City, Hubei Province, resident, received a call from his niece on the evening of July 3, 2019. She was seeking help from Mr. Chen because her father, who has lived with his mistress for six years, was beating her mother.

Mr. Chen rushed to his sister’s home. She was in bed, unable to move. Her husband had pulled out some of her hair, which Mr. Chen saw was scattered on the floor.

Mr. Chen argued with his brother-in-law, Li Shengshui, for beating his sister. Li called the police and reported Mr. Chen for practicing Falun Gong. The police came around 11 p.m. and took Mr. Chen and his sister’s family to the police station.

They searched Mr. Chen, found information about Falun Gong on him, and reported him to their supervisor at the Domestic Security Division in charge of persecuting Falun Gong.

Mr. Chen was held at a hotel near the police station for three days. The police interrogated him around the clock, deprived him of sleep, and didn’t give him anything to eat or drink.

Torture reenactment: hung up

Torture illustration: Handcuffed behind the back

Officer Ni Ge hung Mr. Chen on the window frame, with his arms pulled up behind his back. The officer also tied up his hands behind his back and inserted water bottles between his hands and back to increase the pain.

Unable to bear the torture, Mr. Chen was forced to take the officers to search his residence on July 6. He was given 15 days of administrative detention the next day and put in criminal detention on July 22. His arrest was approved on August 1. The police fabricated evidence and falsely accused him of having 20 printers and several flash drives that had information about Falun Gong.

The Gang District Procuratorate indicted Mr. Chen on September 29 and the Xisaishan District Court summoned him on September 30.

Mr. Chen was tried by the Xisaishan Court through a video conference on September 22, 2020. His lawyer entered a not guilty plea for him. The judge sentenced him to seven years at the end of the trial.