Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Police Refuse to Detain Falun Gong Practitioners

April 09, 2019 |   By a Falun Gong practitioner in Hebei Province, China

(Minghui.org) Falun Gong, also known as Falun Dafa, is a mind-body practice that has been persecuted by the Chinese communist regime since July 1999.

As Falun Gong practitioners work hard to dispel the regime's lies that malign their faith, more and more police officers have begun to understand that practitioners are law-abiding citizens who just want to live by the principles of Truthfulness, Compassion, and Forbearance. Many are now refusing to arrest or detain practitioners who risk their lives raising awareness of the persecution. Below are two examples.

Police Release Practitioner

In the winter of 2015, several elderly practitioners were handing out Falun Gong information in an open market. Many people accepted the hand-outs. By lunchtime, most of them had been given out when a man came up and grabbed the arm of an older practitioner. He called out, “I've been looking for you. Let's go to the police station.” As he pulled on the woman's arm, she smiled and said, “Please let go. I will go with you.”

At the police station, the person yelled, “Come here, come here, I've got a Falun Gong practitioner!” But nobody came out. He pushed the woman into an office with three officers inside. The officers stood up and asked, “What's going on?” The man said, “She was giving out a lot of Falun Gong stuff at the market.”

One of the officers said to the practitioner, “You must be tired talking to people and distributing flyers in this cold weather. Sit down and have some water.”

“We are happy to see people learning the facts about Falun Gong,” said the practitioner.

Another officer said, “Ma'am, it's lunchtime. Go home!”

The man who had brought the lady to the police station just stared at them. He was speechless as he watched the three officers walk the practitioner out of the office.

Police Chief Says Practitioner Is Really Nice Person

In February 2017, two other practitioners and I went to an open market to tell people about Falun Gong. We went in separate directions and agreed to regroup at 11:00 a.m. I started walking toward our meeting spot as the hour approached. I was handing someone a Falun Gong booklet, when two security officers walked up and asked, “What are you handing out?” “Things to awaken people,” I replied. One of them called the police.

Two police officers came to get me and walked me to the nearby police station. I tried to tell them about Falun Gong along the way. At the station, I was taken to an office, where an officer asked me my name. I refused to answer him, so he told two other officers to take me to the interrogation room and restrain me in an iron chair and they handcuffed me. I refused to answer any questions about myself. Whenever I had an opportunity, I very calmly told them about Falun Gong and the persecution.

Later, two female officers took me to another room and told me to empty my pockets. They found a shopping card with my name on it. With that information, they were able to track down my workplace and my husband's number.

An officer called my husband and told him to come get me. When my husband came, the station chief said to him, “It's Chinese New Year. We don't want any trouble. If we report her to the Domestic Security Unit, they are going to search your home and make a mess. Your wife seems really nice. Just take her home and we will all have a peaceful New Year!” Just like that, we left the police station.