Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Life or Death Tribulation Disappeared After I Found My Attachment

August 12, 2018 |   By a Falun Dafa practitioner in China

(Minghui.org) My life was difficult, as my husband frequently indulged in playing mahjong and drinking alcohol, leaving me to take care of our two children, my elderly mother-in-law, our farm, and my job. However, after I began practicing Falun Dafa, my perspective on things changed, and my family became harmonious.

My husband was diagnosed with cancer in November 2016, and passed away a few months later. I felt incredibly tired immediately afterward and rested in bed for two days.

The Tribulation Arrives

I had a fever and couldn't get out of bed. I was told to go to the hospital, but I declined. My children then invited a fortune-teller to see me, who said that my husband was looking for me.

My family was worried for me, so my son asked me to stay with him. When I arrived at his home I listened to Master's audio lectures, but my mind was preoccupied, and I couldn’t absorb what I heard.

Later that evening, while lying in bed, I felt a sharp pain and lost my breath. My body and belly swelled instantly—exactly the same symptoms my husband had before he died. I called out to Master for help.

My son and his wife heard my feeble shouting. When they saw me they wanted to take me to the hospital. I signaled to them that I didn't want to go.

I was calm, and knew that I would be fine. I kept asking Master for help. I could soon breath easily, and the pain was gone. I recited Master’s poem “Nothing Kept” from Hong Yin:

In life, nothing sought,In death, regretting naught;Washing away all wrong thought,Buddhahood, with less     adversity, is wrought.

Through looking within, I found that I lacked righteous thoughts. I had not studied the Fa, practiced the exercises, or gone out to clarify the truth for over two months while caring for my husband.

Instead of concentrating on catching up with these things, my first thought after my husband's death was that I was very tired and needed to rest. I was also afraid that he had come looking for me after his death.

Two days before the Chinese New Year, a practitioner delivered some truth-clarification materials to my house. I kept them at home instead of taking them to other practitioners, which delayed their effectiveness in saving people.

The morning after I had symptoms of illness, I asked my daughter-in-law to deliver the materials to a practitioner. After my son and daughter-in-law left I listened to Master’s audio lectures and recited Hong Yin. When the pain was unbearable, I shouted to Master for help, and continued to look within.

Support From Fellow Practitioners

Five practitioners came to visit, and asked how I became like this in just a few days.

“By lacking righteous thoughts,” I answered. “This is a life or death test for me. I will believe in Master and the Fa to break through this tribulation and pass the test.”

They asked me to get up and send forth righteous thoughts with them to deny all of the old force’s arrangements. They helped me to search inside myself, and they shared their understandings of the Fa’s principles. I felt good, and they recommended that I return home so they could visit me easily.

A dozen practitioners visited me on the first day I was back home. They encouraged me to send righteous thoughts and took turns studying the Fa with me in groups.

Practitioners from far away came to visit me on the second day. They asked me to send forth righteous thoughts to eliminate the old force factors that stopped me from eating. They encouraged me to eat to regain my strength.

Meanwhile, friends and relatives kept advising me to go to the hospital. I explained to them that I would be OK, and that they shouldn't worry.

However, my relatives approached the other practitioners without my knowing, and told them not to visit me. When the practitioners didn't come, I assumed that they were busy with saving people, and therefore had no time to visit me.

A few elderly practitioners brought me some homemade dumplings the next morning. They came very early to make sure to arrive before breakfast. I had great difficulty eating, but they encouraged me to eat. I was so touched. They were in their eighties, yet they brought me dumplings. I felt my fellow practitioners' kindness and compassionate hearts.

I had a fever and unbearable pain that evening, and could hardly breathe. My son called other family members and took me to the hospital without asking me. The doctor checked my heart and said that if I had arrived at the hospital ten minutes later, I would have died. I didn't believe it, as this was not an illness.

That evening, I used headphones to listen to Master’s Fa-lectures and recited Lunyu and Hong Yin. When everyone was sound asleep, I crossed one leg and conjoined my hands and continued memorizing the Fa until I was tired and fell asleep.

I was later transferred to a general hospital ward. My body was still swollen, and I had pain that felt as if someone was cutting my muscles. When I closed my eyes, I always saw someone chasing after me, wanting to kill me. In these dreams, I ran until I was too tired to run. I shouted for Master, and the killer disappeared.

In one dream, two people with a white scarf wanted to hang me by my neck. They told me to kneel down. I said, “I am not afraid of dying. I have obtained Dafa. I have Master.” I closed my eyes. When I opened them again in the dream, nothing was there.

I called out for Master when I was scared or felt that I couldn't pass the tribulation. I saw through my third eye that Master was beside me.

I was in the hospital for seven days, and practitioners visited me during this time. They brought me Hong Yin, helped strengthened my righteous thoughts, and helped me to look within. They also reminded me to eliminate the evil in other dimensions and completely deny the interference with righteous thoughts.

I realized that I had strong emotions toward whoever was around me, especially toward my four younger brothers and sisters. They relied on me to take care of them after our parents passed away. With a lot of effort, I gradually let go of my emotional attachment to them. I then thought about my feelings toward my husband. Suddenly, I recalled that Master said:

“...being upset is sentimentality, so are happiness, love, hatred...” (Zhuan Falun)

The Miracle

I had lived with my husband for 25 years. I had resentment towards him. But wasn’t my resentment also sentimentality? The hatred I harbored was hidden in my mind, but sometimes it showed up when I complained to others about him. I realized that I needed to eliminate this resentment.

While thinking about it, I dozed off, and saw a large hand holding a cup above my chest, motioning for me to drink. I thought that if Master wants me drink it I would do so, otherwise, I wouldn’t. Instantly, the cup moved towards my lips and I drank. Then I woke up.

I needed to urinate after a while. My sister was staying with me, but was asleep. I didn't want to wake her, so I tried to get up myself, and used the bathroom. I felt very comfortable. My breathing became smooth, and my chest and entire body was relaxed. I felt wonderful.

After using the bathroom three more times I had completely recovered. The swelling in my belly, legs, feet, and hands were gone. It was miraculous. As soon as I identified my attachment of resentment, Master immediately removed my tribulation.

The doctor examined me, and was very surprised to find that I was completely healthy.

My relatives, friends, and neighbors all witnessed this and admitted that Falun Dafa is good, and can save people.

Some of them wanted to learn Dafa, some wanted to read Zhuan Falun, and some who previously refused to quit the Chinese Communist Party and its affiliated organizations agreed to quit. My family is now very supportive of my Falun Dafa practice.

I would like to thank Master for saving my life, and I truly appreciate all the practitioners who helped me to pass through this tribulation.