Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Shocked by Electric Batons, Former Government Employee Sues Former Chinese Leader for Torture and Broken Family

April 13, 2016 |   By a Minghui correspondent from Liaoning Province, China

(Minghui.org) “A guard ordered four drug addicts to strip me naked and hold me down before he shocked me with a 100,000-volt electric baton. He carefully went through my sensitive parts in the order of head, eyes, mouth, neck, armpits, chest, belly button, lower abdomen, penis, the center part of the sole of the foot, back and anus.

“He came back for another cycle after he was done with the previous. The torture lasted 20 minutes. Every minute of it felt like an eternity. The pain was excruciating, and I almost passed out.”

Above is an excerpt from a criminal complaint Mr. Wang Changlong filed against former Chinese dictator Jiang Zemin, who launched the persecution of Falun Gong in 1999.

The former government employee from Gushan Township Office, Donggang City, Liaoning Province lost his job and was later given three years of forced labor in 2002 for refusing to renounce his faith in Falun Gong.

During his incarceration at Benxi Forced Labor Camp, Mr. Wang was repeatedly tortured and forced to work for long periods of time without pay.

Just months before he was sent to the labor camp, his wife divorced him, unable to bear the pressure of being implicated by his practice of Falun Gong. Their daughter was only two years old at the time.

The 43-year-old man holds Jiang Zemin responsible for his torture, hard labor, and broken family. He mailed his criminal complaint to the Supreme People's Court and Supreme People's Procuratorate on June 10, 2015.

Detained and Tortured with Electric Batons

Mr. Wang used to suffer from various diseases that caused him to faint from time to time. He recovered his health after he started practicing Falun Gong in 1998. In 2001, he was honored as a model employee of Dandong City.

However, after the persecution of Falun Gong started in 1999, he was repeatedly arrested and detained.

Mr. Wang and several other practitioners went to Beijing to protest the persecution of Falun Gong on July 22, 1999, and were arrested half a month later. He was detained at Donggang City Detention Center for 15 days and forced to pay 200 yuan.

Mr. Wang was sent to the Donggang City brainwashing center in September 2001. There were 10 practitioners there, who were forced to watch propaganda videos slandering Falun Gong. They were closely watched. Mr. Wang suffered a great deal mentally and had a relapse of his fainting spells within a couple of days. He was then released.

Mr. Wang went to Beijing again on November 10, 2001 and held up a banner reading “Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance” on Tiananmen Square. He was arrested and locked in a cage at the Tiananmen Police Substation for one day. Several days later, he was sent to Donggang City Detention Center.

Mr. Wang was given three years of forced labor in January 2002 without a public hearing. He was detained at Dandong Forced Labor Camp and later transferred to Benxi Forced Labor Camp.

At Benxi Forced Labor Camp, Mr. Wang was brutally tortured and shocked with electric batons multiple times.

In fall of 2002, Mr. Wang was caught doing the Falun Gong exercises at night. Guard Hu Daming shocked him with 100,000-volt electric batons on his head, eyes, mouth, neck, shoulders, chest, and back.

Hu Daming once shocked Mr. Wang’s mouth for more than a minute. Placed directly on Mr. Wang’s lips, the baton caused huge blisters immediately. He was unable to eat or drink after the torture.

An inmate saw him and said, “I have been to prison and forced labor camp. This is the first time I have ever seen electric batons used on the lips. This is so brutal!”

Hard Labor at Forced Labor Camp

When Mr. Wang was first sent to Dandong Forced Labor Camp, an inmate forced him to wash uniforms for the guards.

He was not able to do the Falun Gong exercises or study the books, and suffered a relapse of fainting spells. Once as he washed uniforms, he fainted and was unconscious for more than an hour. He fainted multiple times at the forced labor camp.

Mr. Wang was forced to make plastic woven sacks on a knitting machine. He was often forced to work all night. The smell and the machines’ noises often made him dizzy and nauseated. Mr. Wang did this for a month straight.

After the night shift, he immediately worked the day shift. Every day, each person had to finish 700 to 1,000 sacks, which would take 12 to 13 hours to finish. Some did not finish until midnight.

Once, Mr. Wang and another practitioner from Dandong were assigned to the night shift right after their day shift was over, working for 24 hours straight.

Another practitioner, Mr. Wang Jinhai, had to work a whole night before he was released the next day.

In the spring of 2003, they were forced to move rocks on a freeway. Two people formed a team to carry 50 to 60 pounds of rocks in a basket 330 feet from one side of the freeway to another.

They had to carry 100 baskets in a day. They did not go back to the camp until 7pm or 8pm every day and did the same task for several days consecutively. They all had blisters on their hands.

Early in the summer of 2003, they were taken to a construction site to transport thick steel bars. Each bar weighed close to 90 pounds. Two people formed a team. Young people had to carry two bars at a time. Older people carried one.

They had to carry the bars 985 feet up a slippery bridge to an elevated platform. They worked non-stop. As he climbed up the bridge to the platform, Mr. Wang fell and injured his hand, which bled profusely.

In the summer of 2003, Mr. Wang and other practitioners were sent to pick through garbage in front of the Donggang government office. The garbage was transported from Japan. They had to pick out iron, steel, copper, and aluminum, as well as electric wires and plastic. Under the hot sun, Mr. Wang had to carry extremely heavy loads of materials by himself.

Mr. Wang was transferred to the Benxi Forced Labor Camp on August 31, 2003. The second day, some detainees who had been made to renounce Falun Gong came to “transform” the practitioners during the day. At night, they forced practitioners to watch anti-Falun Gong propaganda videos. That lasted for close to a month.

For all the work practitioners did at the forced labor camps, they received no compensation.


In 1999, Jiang Zemin, as head of the Chinese Communist Party, overrode other Politburo standing committee members and launched the violent suppression of Falun Gong.

The persecution has led to the deaths of many Falun Gong practitioners over the past 16 years. More have been tortured for their belief and even killed for their organs. Jiang Zemin is directly responsible for the inception and continuation of the brutal persecution.

Under his personal direction, the Chinese Communist Party established an extralegal security organ, the “610 Office,” on June 10, 1999. The organization overrides police forces and the judicial system in carrying out Jiang's directive regarding Falun Gong: to ruin their reputations, cut off their financial resources, and destroy them physically.

Chinese law allows for citizens to be plaintiffs in criminal cases, and many practitioners are now exercising that right to file criminal complaints against the former dictator.