Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Several Falun Gong Practitioners Arrested in Sichuan for Attempting to Sue Jiang Zemin

June 18, 2015 |   By Minghui Correspondent in Sichuan Province

(Minghui.org) A Falun Gong practitioner narrowly escaped arrest in Deyang City, Sichuan Province, after mailing an indictment to sue former Chinese leader Jiang Zemin, while two other Deyang practitioners were arrested at the post office. One of the arrested practitioners was then forced to lead police to a practitioner's home. Several more Falun Gong practitioners were arrested as a result.

The crackdown at post offices in China in recent weeks is an attempt by members of Jiang Zemin's faction to deter a wave of lawsuits from Falun Gong practitioners. Police have arrested Falun Gong practitioners at post offices in several cities and townships, and confiscated their indictments.

Ms. Qian Shuju and Ms. Jiang Meng went to a post office in Deyang City, Sichuan Province on June 4, 2015, to mail indictments to the Supreme People's Procuratorate and the Supreme Court.

Ms. Qian, 65, and her mother-in-law had asked Ms. Jiang to help mail their indictment, because Ms. Qian's mother-in-law is illiterate.

When Ms. Jiang was filling out the mailing slip at the post office, a post office employee told her, “Your mail can't be sent.” When they asked why, the employee took the mailing slip to nearby police.

Police stationed at the post office arrested Ms. Qian and Ms. Jiang, and confiscated the indictment. They then coerced Ms. Jiang to take them to the sender's home. Several practitioners were at Ms. Qian's home studying the Falun Dafa teachings when police arrived. The police arrested Lu Shi and several other practitioners, then searched Ms. Qian's home.

The following day, June 5, Deyang police attempted to arrest Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Gong Xingcan at her workplace, because Ms. Gong had recently mailed an indictment to sue Jiang Zemin. But Ms. Gong had requested the day off work on June 5, and thus evaded the authorities. Police have put her name on a wanted list across Sichuan Province.

According to an anonymous source, the post office had recently had meetings about Falun Gong practitioners filing lawsuits by mail, where post office employees were instructed that no indictments were allowed in the mail. The order was executed on June 1, 2015.

Ms. Qian Shuju, who was arrested on June 4 at the post office, is a 65-year-old resident of Deyang, Sichuan Province. She has been held in a forced labor camp for two years for practicing Falun Gong, sent to a brainwashing session, had her home searched, and fined.

Ms. Qian Shuju listed the following the following examples of persecution, among others, in her indictment:

Ms. Qian and other practitioners were doing Falun Gong exercises in Shiniu Park in July 2001, when dozens of police surrounded and arrested them. The police attempted to force the practitioners to give up practicing Falun Gong. Ms. Qian refused, and was fined 200 yuan (~US$32) before being released.

Since her arrest, groups of police officers, as well as the secretary of the local residential committee and other authorities, have repeatedly harassed Ms. Qian at her home.

Ms. Qian was out running errands in December 2001 when the police searched her home and confiscated her Falun Gong books. She was arrested by local police before she returned home. The police searched her thoroughly, but couldn't find any Falun Gong materials on her. They suspected that Ms. Qian had hung Falun Gong banners along the streets, and was detained for more than a month, and then put into the Nanmusi Women's Forced Labor Camp for two years.

Labor camp authorities tortured Ms. Qian, attempting to make her sign a statement promising to no longer practice Falun Gong. She was deprived of sleep and denied restroom use. She was forced to stand facing a wall, and sit on a hard stool without moving for extended periods of time. She and other practitioners were also forced to jog in the scorching sun. Those who couldn't continue due to exhaustion were dragged along the ground.

Police have continued to monitor and harass Ms. Qian after her release from the labor camp. Their goal is to force her to give up practicing Falun Gong. Her family was so scared that they wouldn't go home if any police cars were parked on the street.