Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Ms. Li Juhua Missing After Arrest

November 24, 2013 |   By a Minghui correspondent from Hubei Province, China

(Minghui.org) Ms. Li Juhua, a Falun Gong practitioner from Huangpi District, Wuhan City, was illegally arrested while en route to visit her family. She was able to call her son to inform him about her arrest, but then disappeared.

Her family visited many government agencies in their quest to get some answers, but to no avail. They encountered tremendous resistance and were threatened by the authorities until, in the end, they were forced to give up their search.

Arrested on Train to Visit Family

On the morning of September 27, 2013, Ms. Li boarded a train at the Hankou Station of Wuhan City to visit her family in Anlu City. She called her son at 10:15 a.m. to tell him that she had just gotten on the train.

At 10:50 a.m., she called her son again. “I've been arrested by police from the train station,” she said. Then, she hang up. When her son called back, she did not answer the phone.

Ms. Li's family tried hard to find her whereabouts. After much effort, they found out that she had been arrested by officers from the Railway Police Department in Wuhan.

The next morning, they went to the police department to find out where Ms. Li was being held. The officer on duty told them that she had been taken to the Huangpi Domestic Security Division.

When Ms. Li's family rushed there, they encountered section chief Wang Boguo. He shouted at them: “Don't look for her anymore! You won't find her! Even if you find her, I won't let you see her. She carried a lot of cash and Falun Gong CDs with her. These items are sufficient evidence to sentence her to jail.”

When he was finished yelling, he rudely forced the family out.

Family Threatened by Authorities

Later, Ms. Li's family found out that she had been transferred to the No. 1 Detention Center in Wuhan. They then went to the Huangpi 610 Office to demand her release.

At first, Han Guiwu, director of the 610 Office, and Liu Dingyin, deputy director, pretended to have never heard of Ms. Li. When the family confronted their lies, they changed their attitude and tried to shirk responsibility, saying that they only followed orders from the town and provincial government.

The family learned that authorities were planning to send Ms. Li to a brainwashing center, and that Domestic Security Division was still investigating the case. Han and Liu threatened the family, “If she doesn't want to be 'transformed,' things can get much worse.”

The family visited the Huangpi 610 Office and Domestic Security Division repeatedly, almost every day, to demanded Ms. Li's release.

On September 30, 2013, Wang Boguo, section chief of the Domestic Security Division, told the family that Ms. Li would be detained for 15 days, advising them to come back on October 13 to pick her up.

When Ms. Li's family came back to the Domestic Security Division to pick up the “release form,” however, Wang Boguo said: “It is not that simple. We have to first send her to a brainwashing center for a few days. The forced labor camp system has been abolished, but we can still sentence her to jail.”

Worried, the family went to the Commission for Discipline Inspection and the {[Procuratorate}} in Huangpi, and filed a complaint. Officials in both agencies tried to shirk responsibility, saying that this case didn't belong to their jurisdiction.

They also warned the family, “Falun Gong practitioners and their families are not protected by the law.”

Subjected to Brainwashing

Ms. Li's family went to the detention center early in the morning on October 12, 2013, to see Ms. Li. At about noon, police officers Hu Yuqing and Le Chunfeng also arrived at the detention center.

The family asked if they were going to take Ms. Li to the brainwashing center. They replied: “Yes. We are taking her to the brainwashing center to be 'reformed.' If she doesn't comply, we will do whatever it takes to “transform” her. You are welcome to do whatever you want against us. Go ahead and sue us, we do not care; we are just fulfilling our duties. We are just footmen of the Chinese Communist Party.”

Twenty minutes later, they forcibly took Ms. Li away. Her current whereabouts are unknown.

Related Articles:
Li Juhua Detained at Erdaopeng Brainwashing Center in Wuhan City
Ms. Li Juhua's Life in Danger from Persecution, Family Not Permitted to Visit
Wuwen City Practitioner Li Juhua Sentenced to Forced Labor for a Third Time
Ms. Li Juhua Suffering from Mental Disorder as a Result of Persecution