Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Court Hearing Proves Mr. Yang Zhixiong Is a Good Man

January 18, 2013 |   By a Minghui correspondent from Hebei Province, China

Name: Yang Zhixiong (杨智雄)
Gender: Male
Age: 48
Address: Unknown
Occupation: Reporter and marketing director
Date of Most Recent Arrest: November 3, 2012
Most Recent Place of Detention: Xiong County Detention Center (雄县看守所)
City: Baoding
Province: Hebei
Persecution Suffered: Detention

(Minghui.org) Mr. Yang Zhixiong was a reporter for the Hebei Legal Daily. He went missing for over one month. On December 10, 2012, his family received a notice that he had been detained. The local 610 Office fabricated a case that was turned over to the court to be tried on December 25, 2012. The so-called trial only proved that Mr. Yang was a good man and that the Xiong County police, procuratorate, and court had violated the law.

The 610 Office, police, procuratorate, and court of Xiong County conspired to frame Mr. Yang. They did not post the official notice of the hearing. They invited most of the towns' governmental personnel to attend as observers. They wanted people to hear their propaganda slandering Falun Gong. The courtroom was packed on the day of the hearing. But to their surprise, Mr. Yang upheld Dafa and proved that Falun Dafa was good. The so-called evidence and witness testimonies provided by the procuratorate confirmed precisely that Mr. Yang was a good person and that Falun Dafa is good. People in the gallery were happy to learn the truth.

At 9:00 a.m. in the morning on December 25, 2012, when Mr. Yang walked into the courtroom, he put his palms together in the Heshi position to greet the people in the courtroom.

When the court asked him his name, age, and where he was from, Mr. Yang refused to answer. He spoke with the force of justice, “I am not a defendant. I have not committed any crime. You are persecuting a good person. You illegally detained me from November 3 to December 9, 2012.” The judge and the prosecutors were speechless.

Prosecutor Fang Heming accused Mr. Yang violating Criminal Law No. 300, “using a cult organizations to undermine law enforcement.” When the presiding judge Ma Xianmin, asked Mr. Yang whether he had any objection, Mr. Yang said, “I have objections. The prosecutor said Falun Gong is a cult. I ask him to provide documents and a legal base for this statement. Falun Gong is not a cult. Freedom of belief is the right of all citizens. I also understand the law and I have studied the law. I have searched through all of the legal documents and I cannot find anywhere that states that Falun Gong is a cult.” Prosecutor Fang Heming was embarrassed because he did not have any legal documents and did not reply.

Fang Heming presented to the court 183 pieces of paper bills that were printed with “Falun Dafa is good,” “Zhen-Shan-Ren is good,” “Heaven will eliminate the CCP” and “Quit the CCP to save one's life,” confiscated from Mr. Yang's home as evidence. Fang Hemin flipped through the sheets with his fingers and read repeatedly: “Falun Dafa is good,” “Zhen-Shan-Ren is good,” “Heaven will eliminate the CCP”, and “Quit the CCP to save one's life.”

Other evidence provided by prosecutor Fang were a notebook computer, a mobile phone, and disks confiscated from Mr. Yang's home. Mr. Yang said, “They are my private property. You stole them from me. You have committed a crime.” Fang Heming was speechless.

Prosecutor Fang provided two witnesses recommended by Guo Junxue, captain of the Domestic Security Division, and Guo Xiangdong, of the 610 Office. One of the witnesses was Mr. Yang's boss at the Zhongde Environment Protection Agency. He said that he hired Mr. Yang online. His application stated that he was once a reporter for the Legal Daily in Hebei Province and that he later worked for the Zhuoda Real Estate in Shijiazhuang in charge of sales. His boss said he hired Mr. Yang to be the sales manager and told the court that Mr. Yang was a diligent and conscientious worker. Another witness was Ms. Xiao, the Technical Director of the Zhongde Environmental Protection Agency. In her testimony, she said that she didn't know that Mr. Yang was a Falun Gong practitioner. She just knew that he worked very conscientiously and was the first one to arrive at the office every morning and he was a very good person. The testimony of the two witnesses confirmed that Mr. Yang was a good person and emphasized to the court that Falun Dafa is good.

Mr. Yang continued to tell the court why Falun Gong is not a cult. The presiding judge, Ma Xianmin, constantly interrupted him and said that what he was saying had nothing to do with this case. Mr. Yang asked, “You have accused me of belonging to a cult to undermine the law and I am clarifying the facts that Falun Gong is not a cult. Why would you say this has nothing to do with this case?” Mr. Yang insisted on reading his statement and accused them of criminal behavior. The hearing was hastily adjourned. Before departing, Mr. Yang shouted: “Falun Dafa is good.” Bystanders praised him by saying, “He is a real man.”

To all those involved in cases persecuting Falun Gong under the pretext of the law, which includes the 610 Office, police, procuratorate, and court, your arguments are not tenable before the law and you simply are unable to provide any legal backing. Your behavior is actually violating the law. You will be committing additional crimes if you put a good man into prison. Please immediately release Mr. Yang.

At present, Guo Junxue and Guo Xiangdong are being investigated by the World Organization to Investigate the Persecution of Falun Gong. WOIPFG investigates the criminal conduct of all institutions, organizations, and individuals involved in the persecution of Falun Gong.

Appendix: The History of the Persecution of Mr. Yang Zhixiong

Mr. Yang Zhixiong, 48, is a college graduate and he also attended Hebei Economics and Business University. He was once a reporter for the Hebei Legal Daily and later was the head of sales for the Zhuode Real Estate Company in Shijiazhuang. Prior to his arrest in 2003, he was the head of a foreign company in Beijing. Because he persisted in Falun Dafa cultivation, he was illegally sentenced to four years in prison in 2003. After his release, he found a temporary job to make a living. In 2008, he was deceived and taken to the Baoding Brainwashing Center and illegally detained for more than a month. In early October 2012, he went to work for an environmental protection company in Beijing as the head of sales. After only one month on the job, he was arrested again.

When his family received news of his arrest, they went to the local police station in Beijing to inquire. They were told that Mr. Yang was arrested by Guo Junxue and Shi Guoqiang of the Xiong County Domestic Security Division. Mr. Yang's family went to the Domestic Security Division to find Guo Junxue, but Guo denied he had arrested Mr. Yang. The family then called Su Shiliang, Deputy Director of the Xiong County Police Department, to inquire about the situation. Su Shiliang said that he did not know anything about this matter. Then the family asked Guo Xiangdong of the 610 Office, but he also denied knowing the case.

The family went to the Beijing Shunyi Police Station again to inquire and found that there was a photocopy of Mr. Yang's work ID, which identified Mr. Yang as being arrested by Guo. At the time, Mr. Yang had already been missing for over a month. On December 3, when the family once again saw Guo Junxue, Guo admitted that he had arrested Mr. Yang, but he refused to reveal his whereabouts. He said that he was under orders from Guo Xiangdong of the 610 Office. The family members had not received any official notification of the arrest from the police during this period.

On December 10, the family received a notice of Mr. Yang's detention. The Domestic Security Division and the 610 Office had planned to quickly deal with the case. The Domestic Security withheld from the files provided to the procuratorate the fact that Mr. Yang was arrested on November 3 and was being held. Why didn't they mention it? Did the Domestic Security Division know it was illegal to detain Mr. Yang for 37 days?

The Xiong County procuratorate authorized the arrest of Mr. Yang on December 12 and brought an indictment against him on December 14. The case was transferred to the court. On December 25, he faced an illegal trial.

Mr. Yang's family hired a lawyer in Beijing to defend him, but the Xiong County court required the lawyer to provide a recommendation letter from the local police station. This action was intended to prevent the lawyer from reading the case file and to keep the lawyer from meeting his client. It was to impede the lawyer from defending Mr. Yang. The court was afraid of being exposed and have their crimes come to light. The lawyer declared the court's practices illegal and prepared to sue the Xiong County court. He announced that they would be exposed on websites and in the media both domestically and internationally. At present, neither the family nor the lawyer is able to communicate with Mr. Yang.

Parties involved in the persecution of Ms. Yang:
Guo Junxue, chief of the Xiong County Domestic Security Division: +86-13903226585, +86-13663326066, +86-312-5820300
Fang Hemin, presiding judge of the Xiong County Court: +86-13171685036