Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Mr. Fang Zhengping Tortured and in Critical Condition at Yunnan Province No. 1 Prison

August 05, 2012 |   By a Minghui correspondent from Yunnan Province, China

(Minghui.org) Mr. Fang Zhengping, a Falun Gong practitioner in his 60s from Xichang City, Sichuan Province, is presently incarcerated in the No. 3 Team of the No. 10 Division of Yunnan No. 1 Prison. In early 2012, the hospital issued a notice that he was in critical condition. His current condition is unknown.

Mr. Fang is a resident of the 401 Factory in Sichuan City. Mr. Fang and his wife are both practitioners of Falun Gong and believe in Truth-Compassion-Forbearance. Because of this, they have both been imprisoned with heavy sentences.

Mr. Fang has been detained seven times since the persecution began. Each and every time, he was cruelly beaten and tortured. The mental and physical devastation have been great. On October 14, 2007, Mr. Fang went to his hometown in Yunnan Province to apply for his resident I.D., but because he explained that Falun Gong was unjustly discredited by the Chinese government, police officers from the Suijiang County Domestic Security Department illegally arrested him. On October 25, Luo Yi from the Sichang City Domestic Security Department teamed up with Jiang Xing from the Domestic Security Department of the Suijiang Police Bureau, and ransacked his home. On December 13 Mr. Fang was tried and sentenced by the Suijiang County Court to seven years' imprisonment.

On December 27, 2007, officials set out to take Mr. Fang to Yunnan Province No. 1 Prison. In Qujing City, Yunnan Province, they put him in Qujing Prison overnight. Three guards called out the prisoners' names. Because he couldn't hear well, Mr. Fang didn't catch what they were saying and didn't respond immediately when his name was called. As a result, the guards began to beat him. Every time he was pushed down, he managed to get up with much difficulty, but then they pushed him down again. This occurred three times. After that, they kicked him and stepped on his face and body.

Mr. Fang was badly injured. He had to be carried to Yunnan Province No. 1 Prison. It was 45 days before he could walk again.

For refusing to give up Falun Gong, Mr. Fang's wife, Ms. Cheng Duolan, who is retired from Changning Office, has been detained many times. On September 14, 2010, she was sentenced to 10 years in prison, and has been held in Yangmahe Women's Prison in Sichuan Province ever since.