Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Exemplary Employee Brutally Tortured at Wuhan Brainwashing Center

October 19, 2012 |   By a Minghui correspondent from Hubei Province

Name: Lin Hai (林海)
Gender: Male
Age: Thirties
Address: Zhijiang City, Hubei Province
Occupation: Zhijiang City Electric Power Bureau staff
Date of Most Recent Arrest: November 17, 2011
Most Recent Place of Detention: Wuhan City Brainwashing Center (武汉洗脑班)
City: Zhijiang
Province: Hubei
Persecution Suffered: Brainwashing, beatings, forced feeding, torture, detention

(Minghui.org) Zhijiang is a small city in Hubei Province. Falun Gong was spread in Zhijiang before the persecution began in 1999, and hundreds of people began practicing, including Mr. Lin Hai. Mr. Lin is highly regarded by his co-workers and was awarded as an exemplary employee of the Zhijiang City Electric Power Bureau.

Jiang's regime launched the nation-wide persecution of Falun Gong practitioners on July 20, 1999. Mr. Lin Hai was taken away from his workplace by Yang Daohong, director of the Zhijiang Domestic Security Division, along with assistant director Zhang Yuanhua and others on November 17, 2011. The arrest was allowed by his company president Wan Ming, and led by his company's security directors Dong Tao and Zhou Hanbing. Zhijiang City Electric Power Bureau has become the first employer to persecute its employees in Zhijang in the last six years.

Mr. Lin was sent to Wuhan Brainwashing Center, also called Hubei Province Legal Education Center, on the afternoon of November 18, 2011. The center, which was established in January 2002, has held more than fifty brainwashing sessions, and more than 1200 Falun Gong practitioners have been persecuted there. Many have been injured, disabled, and driven to mental collapses due to torture. Falun Gong practitioners Wang Haoyun, Yang Xianfeng, and Zheng Yuling died after being persecuted there. Mr. Lin was subjected to various tortures in the center.

Attempting to "transform" Falun Gong practitioners, officials at the brainwashing center used all means, including systematic tortures on the most steadfast Falun Gong practitioners. The tortures included depriving them of sleep, putting drugs into their meals, and pushing them to the limit of mental and physical tolerance. Methods frequently used there included slapping, hitting the practitioner's heads, knocking them against the wall, strangling, kicking, stepping on their feet, cursing, insulting, depriving them of sleep, denying them restroom use, forcing them to stand for extended periods of time, handcuffing, hanging by handcuffs, electric shocks, and force-feeding. Some new methods have recently been added. Falun Gong practitioners were forced to carry large, heavy piles of books for days. They weren't allowed to put the books down even when they used the restroom. Some were forced to hold heavy books above their heads for days. Mr. Lin was forced to carry a pile of books from morning to three or four o'clock the next morning every day. He was sometimes forced to lift the books above his head.

When the torture method of carrying books failed, persecutor Liu Cheng brutally beat Mr. Lin. As a result of the severe beating, Mr. Lin's face became swollen and deformed, and covered with bruises, including his eyes.

Force-feeding in the CCP brainwashing centers is not done to sustain the practitioners' lives, but instead as a terrible, brutal method of torture. This torture method causes unimaginable suffering, and many practitioners have died as a result. The doctor in charge of the force-feeding often deliberately leaves the rubber tube inside the victim's air passage at the throat position, in order to intensify the feeling and danger of suffocation.

Persecutors at the center claimed that Mr. Lin Hai was not eating his meals, and used it as an excuse to force-feed him. Force-feeding is done by inserting a rubber tube through the nose. The process of inserting the tube causes tremendous pain. In order to intensify the practitioner's suffering, the tube is deliberately inserted only half way, then taken out and inserted again. If the tube is accidentally inserted into one's air tube, the victim will pass out. The wicked doctor inserted it into Mr. Lin's air tube on purpose, attempting to cause Mr. Lin the most pain, so he would give up practicing Falun Gong. A large amount of salt was also put into the force-feeding liquids, to make it more painful. The force-feeding was so brutal that even the assistant wept.